Amedisys

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing with the home health side at Amedisys. What is the avg base pay and bonus with that side? thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is this position calling on referral sources, or patients? Or both? In terms of patients, the ones already in NHs or assisted living? Or do you meet with their families? Any *true* information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In Col/OH area can't believe the micr-mgmt this GPS is bullcrap, don't know how long ill last?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you an AE or an AM in OH? How long have you been with them? Then I can fill you in....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AE-- Only 3+months but this GPS is Big Brother to the Max, its just a matter of time to they call one of us on something I mean your tracked ALL DAY LONG. This is actually worse then a office job in a cube

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think RL tracks you all day?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is RL? How is management at this company? What type of reports do you do? Interviewing right now for AE position.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, RL was an answer to another poster inquiring about the GPS in cell phone....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends, What state you are interviewing in? Management is different according to your own manager.... mine is pretty laid back for now, as long as you do your job....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long have you been with Amedysis? Do you like it? Is it a good company?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a question: Are you sure no other competitor has a program like this? How can the program only route patients to Amedisys? Is it because the program is user friendly and more convenient for the doc to just get on that program and send to Amedisys or does the program automatically route patients their way?

I am not defending this program, just asking; but it seems that helping the docs with the correct billing codes would not be in any violations, and not sure how that is considered a kickback?

Any feedback?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would think it creates unfair competition, monopolizing the referrals by "bribing" the physicians by making their work easier with billing! Pharma sure would not get away with that!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it hard to meet quota, do they make it realistic? Do they just fire you if you don't or do they try to help you and see what the problem might be? Why did they go to GPS, did they have problems with reps not working? I can see it from a business standpoint but for an employee I think it is a little unsettling! I guess if you think about it though if you are in an office it is like GPS being in a cubicle all day! However, I thought one of the perks of being a sales rep was autonomy and flexibility! Bet they lost some reps over it! Have only been here a week so don't know much yet!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry to hear about your recent departure from AMEDISYS but I think you need to check your facts on CMS guidelines and Mercury Doc! Oh and not to mention, the patient is not billed unless they have a "deductible" to meet and the only time they should have a deductable under part A is if they have a medicare plan, like Aetna MC. Good luck in your endevours and I wouldn't burn too many bridges if I were you!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you would read the post correctly it states that Medicare is noticing too many patients being billed for this, which means Amedisys is billing Patient's medicare, not the patient!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know anything about the "Growth Accelerations" Account Executive position with Amedisys Home Health?
    If so please share!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you read that post more carefully, you'll realize that those facts about Medicare and Mercury Doc are correct. That post isn't saying that patients are being billed. Rather, their insurance, in this case Medicare, is being billed. CMS is noticing too many claims for services that are not being billed at such a high rate from other home health companies around the country.

I had to leave Amedisys b/c my husband is in the miltary and we moved, but we were highly encouraged to use Balanced for Life much more frequently than normal, and I know the AEs really pushed Mercury Doc and had competitions within the company to see who could sign up more doctors during a given period of time.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This program is unique only to Amedisys. I don't know of any other company who has anything like it. There certainly aren't any companie who have something like it in the area I live. Yes, if a doctor uses Mercury Doc, the referral only goes to Amedisys. If a doctor wants to send a patient to another company, which they are permitted to do, they would have to fax it to them like everyone else. By signing on with Mercury Doc, doctors aren't signing an agreement stating that they will only send referrals to Amedisys. However, other companies are complaining that this is happening anyway as a by product. It makes sense; doctos like to use companies that make their jobs easier.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That post is correct. CMS is simply noticing that they are getting billed for services at a much higher rate than other companies. I'm a COTA and I left Amedisys to go work for a hospital and I got a call from a law firm about this same exact thing. I don't know much about the ins and outs of Mercury Doc other than they are electronic orders between Amedisys and doctors, but I was asked about Balanced for Life.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would a lawyer be investingating and not CMS themselves? CMS is not shy about fining companies or taking away their license. How did you like Amedisys?