Gentiva office closings

Discussion in 'Home Healthcare Reps - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's true. I'm currently employed there as an AE. The sale is final May 1st. Check the Gentiva website. There were 8 home health locations in Louisiana. None listed anymore. Sad situation.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the latest word on the street about this company and where it is headed? Anymore office closings?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After watching the stock quotes and following the lawsuits this company is being hit with, I do not see how they can continue to stay in business. I hope the lawsuit the employees have against this company goes in their favor. I have watched these employees work countless hours and not receive a dime of reimbursement for it. I have watched them drive miles and miles and not receive mileage reimbursement for them. I worked for this company for many years and witnessed many things I should have reported but did not due to fear of losing my job. I just pray that God has mercy on those lying, cheating people when it comes their time to leave this earth.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

North Alabama offices are falling apart right before my eyes.The executives have cut the clinicians pay and have voted themselves a "30%" raise. Stock is at all time low and Gentiva is doing business with the chief competator. Can't last much longer.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same for the Central Alabama offices. Clinicians are suffering bad. Surprised they are staying with the company. The ones that are staying are all related to each in the office here in some form either by blood or marriage.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the Daytona, FL area offices?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never seen such poor spelling, by so many people in my life. There must be a lot of nurses on here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey brain surgeon. it is spelled amedisys. or what I like to refer to them as "a mess it is"!

face it-amedisys, gentiva, heartland, etc. they all suck dick

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can assure you that no one in Atlanta is losing any sleep over job cuts. Anyone who worked with Ron Malone or the Healthfield management team can tell you that these are not compassionate people and there's a huge disconnect between the average person in the local offices and the clique that manages the company.

After the Healthfield purchase, Gentiva moved their management team from New York into the posh Healthfield headquarters in Atlanta. Most Gentiva employees in their small little branches would be shocked to visit the corporate office in Atlanta and see the way the corporate leadership operates...high rise offices with an exquisite art collection, private jets, high dollar suits, fine dining, etc.

When you walk into the main lobby there's a giant painting of Rod Windley, former Healthfield CEO, on the wall. Apparently this was the guy who mentored Tony Strange and taught him everything he knows about management. I once had the misfortune of spending an evening with Rod and I have never met a more crass individual in my entire professional life. He reminded me of the guy from the trailer park who wins the lotto and decides that now that he has money and drives a canary yellow Ferrari people will finally respect him. I was completely shocked to find out that he was the guy banking off the hard work of the field.

My advice-get out of Gentiva, stop making the rich richer, and don't look back.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gentiva is still essentially a good company. Most of the issues are a derivative of poor management on the Op's side. A prime example is the VP of Op's in PA. JH is a nurse with very little business experience and NO sales experience; yet this bimbo is making decisions that REQUIRE a firm understanding of the business impact of Op's decisions. She has no idea what is necessary to grow our business, or how to effectively interface with sales and sales management. She has done more harm to the area than the company realizes. If management knew how many hours a day she actually worked they would be furious. This dead weight needs to go.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fake hair, fake nose, fake boobs, fake teeth....real bimbo!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more...the branch i worked out of was losing admits rapidly and JH did absolutely nothing to help us. they ended up merging our branch with another and they are still struggling and she does NOTHING to help them. it's sad. i'm glad i left when i did.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

T.S. won't put up with her for long. John Ellis isn't here to protect her anymore. Her idiocy is shining through day by day.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news on what is happening with this company since Q4 results were announced? What offices are closing?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what kind of a company promises people sverance then says sorry dont have it in writing so see ya? They demote Shaner but keep him at 470k a year, then give that arrogant idiot causby 550k to "run" the place, btw did you all know 4 years ago Causby was a pharmacist? hmmmm makes you think doesnt it. then you have the ceo fo fun mr Hot ROD or lightining rod or I just cant keep my rod where it belongs. Several suspicious pregnancies and all the same daddy name coming up.....horrible company, no ethics no morality and they lie like a baby drinks froma bottle. Do not believ a word you hear and get any promises in writing from the person authorized to make such promises. oh and if your over 40 be prepared to be told your too old and should probably go elsewhere. i sturggle with going to the oig on them with what I have because i dont want to hurt the hardworking employees

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are going to close around 50 offices, maybe more depending on the 1st quarter of 2014. Notice how they delayed the 4th quarter results until March 3, 2014. Here in Atlanta there was an article in the news about 50 offices closing but it will likely be many more since the early estimates on the numbers for the 1Q 2014 are atrocious. Their business model is failing and will continue to do so. If you want to make some money with this company just short the stock. It will continue to go down.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Greedy company. Leadership is a joke

!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not surprise...I used to be previous employee and the people they hired as leaders are all jokers! No work...all play, does not do a thing.