Rotech Healthcare

Discussion in 'Tell Me About Your Company' started by rjmccray, Nov 9, 2007 at 10:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny. Sounds like Rotech. How would you do that interview differently? HaHa!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a stupid company.

Possible Medicare Fraud with the Virtuox overnight oximeters by conducting onos on anybody possible. Direction of Regional Manager is to conduct oximetry on anybody and everybody with a wish and hope of oxygen as a result. The patients have no diagnosis or reason for this test. Medicare should investigate.

There is no ROI for Rotech on the oximetry. In fact out of 50 ONOs only 2 yeilded oxygen. Not a good use of time for little ROI. The sales reps spend 30% of their day delivering and picking up virtox. The virtuox does not work all the time and are unrealible.

The sales reps spend their time delivering DME and takes away from sales time. In fact 30% of the day is delivering DME where there is no commision related to it.

LCM are mean: They create a hostile work enviornment by telling PSR to "shut up" at morning meetings, Giving SR cold shoulder by one word answers.

LCM have no business sense: where 60% of business is from CPAP. They now tell sales rep to walk away from this business and concentrate 100% on oxygen where is much more difficult.

This company can not differentiate itself from the competition. It is run very poorly with lack of proper automation and book keeping. Very poor systems in place and duplication of efforts.

Vans are 10 years old and have 200,000 miles on them and insist them to be repaired.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rotech has hired an outside firm to recruit for them. I wonder if that company realizes that Rotech has an extremely high turnover rate and that they are so in debt they shouldn't be allowed to be in business. The only reason this company exists is so that the home office can continue to receive paychecks and the executives are not unemployed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terrible Company,

I have a friend who was the most desired sales rep in the area. This guy had doctors eating out of his hand and chose to work for Rotech, turning down a few other companys. He went through the drug screenings and background check and after all the bull he went through, they withdrew the offer because of and pub drunk fine he got in college. WOW....
    Needless to say, they aren't doing to well in that area now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad company all though way through. They half ass everything. You'll notice That the Doctors that refer to this company are just as stupid as the ones that work there. Watch Out

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a soon to be ex-customer of Rotech. I have been trying for the last 2 months to clerify that they are billing me less than what I actually owe. So that they don't bill me 10 months later for the corrected bill and have to figure where it came from (like they have done once before), I have gone all the way up the chain of commmand and still no call backs. They would do well to run for Congress.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS QUESTION IS OPEN TO ANYONE!!! Please tell me...what part of the country do you live and work? The work ethic is very different around the country. I'm in the midwest and we are not afraid to work fast, and work long and hard, if we receive decent pay. Now, if these complaints are coming from others in the midwest, then I'm listening. Sorry southerners, but if the complaints are coming from you, I know that y'all take things a little slower and more relaxed down there....please don't take offense, we are all just different and do things differently. Midwesterners.....how do you feel about RoTech? What state are you in?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I left they changed my points after I left so they didn't have to pay me. I put in a complaint with the state and found out that I wasn't the first to do so. Rotech is a shady company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends upon your manager.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a soon to be ex sales rep for this operation, and all I can say if you're considering working for them, RUN LIKE HELL!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They sent my account to a collection agency that has stopped sending me statements and when I called said they would take a payment over the phone but that it would take 14 - 30 days to get a statement. That was 45 days ago.
    Rotech went bankrupt in 2004 and they are headed that way again.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rotech is a horrible, horrible company. This has to be one of the worst run companies in the United States. Their finances shouldn't even allow them to be in business. The greedy people at the home office just keep it going to earn a paycheck. Rotech bought many nice small, local DME companies around the country. They acquired some nice people when they bought these companies. It is a shame that the home office gets to keep bleeding this company. That includes the admnistrative staff in the home office as well.

13. EXPSR

EXPSR Guest

I have been with the company almost 4 years as a SR. As i read these messages, I also had the same question. If you have applied to get a job, and are disatified this badely then I believe the 4 letter word missing here is not hell, but team. If you have not had medical background experience, are a multi-tasker, and ready to flow with the changes that are occuring and will occur within HC, (for any industry in HC) then this was not a good job choice for you initially. Applying to work in this industry takes specially adapted folks, who understand all aspects of the teams job functions. AND any company in the universe has its ups and downs. Look at some states governmental situations. Whinning about how bad something was or is, (soon to be ex employees?) is something that needs to be searched out for within you, if it wasnt right for you then why did you let it go on and on until you quit or are fired? That decision should have been made personally and you decide to leave, not stuggling miserably until the end comes, then your anger is put in the wrong area.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been trying for 4 MONTHS to get a Scooter through Georgia Med which is part of

ROTECH... they have screwed everyting up for 4 months, now they want me to start over

with the Doctor and re-file the forms..

It sounds like a STUPID company....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was one post that made the most sense.....
    Rotech has many great hard working people. I am one of them and having been in the industry 17 years, I can say this, there is not any home medical equipment companies out there without thier fair share of issues.

That being said, Rotech is as good as any to work for and will probably survive competitive bidding in the end....

Who wants a job? Well, i'm happy to have one with a company that will survive.

What are the other options? Mom and pop? Short term only.... Lincare? Talk about treating the employees horrible.....Pacific pulmonary? Not many other real choices for the long term thinker.......Airgas anyone? LOL

You all can take what you want from this but at least I can spell when I reply to posts....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

butt ur grammur sux. thear is grammur chec wit spell chek.WHO CARES!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how much they pay for the branch manager position?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has the company change? Is it better than what people have posted in the past. I am thinking about going to work for the company. How is the training if you go in as branch manager?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one of the people they scammed as a customer, and they have been trying to collect for medical supplies I never needed, didn't accept from the post office, and refuse to pay for. I called "Customer Service" repeatedly to tell them to stop sending the quarterly refills on a machine I used for 3 months that my doctor decided to move me off of. They kept sending me new filters for FOUR years before I finally got a live person on the phone in Receivables.
    I think this company is a fraud - they send people medical supplies they don't need, refuse to answer the phone, and then try to destroy their credit when they don't want to pay what is essentially extortion for supplies they never ordered and sent back.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just started working of this company in operations, So far it is great. Does anyone have any heads up for down the road.