Quest IT Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For a brief window... 4-10 months max. As stated, all Infrastructure within 12 months.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Left Quest IT a year ago and never looked back... you guys will land on your feet, but I agree that Quest didn't know how good they had it... they'll have to learn the hard way I suppose.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so. It was clearly stated that local Field IT who service desktops and instruments in-house and Field IT that services the physicians and clients (Care 360) are not in the scope of the out sourcing. This was re-stated and clarified during the question and answer session.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am pretty certain that they clarified that it is currently not in the scope of current outsourcing, but infrastructure as a whole is involved for the 12 month projected completion time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This outsourcing contract for Wipro covers 250 positions from Quest Diagnostics from the IT Infrastructure area. This will be completely in place (ie - all 250 impacted persons gone) no later than Oct. 31st, 2013. Many employees will be leaving sooner. All impacted employees are to be notified by their manager no later than Friday this week. Anybody reporting up through CC is out of scope for this contract.

IT Infrastructure Outsourced Scope of Work
    ==========================================
    * End User Computing:
    * Service Desk and Onsite Support
    * Messaging and Calendaring Services
    * Desktop Migration Services

* Managed Security
    * Access Control / ID Administration
    * Application Security
    * Active Directory Administration
    * Encryption Services

* Communications
    * LAN, WAN, Voice, Video Operational Support
    * Remote Access and Client Interfaces
    * IP Convergence IVR
    * Connectivity and Collaboration Services

* Data Management
    * Database Administration and Planning
    * NAS, SAN and Tape Operation Support
    * Backup, Recovery and Archive Services

* Data Center Hosting
    * Unix, VMS, Linux, Windows and VMWare - Operations
    * Web Hosting - Operations
    * Systems Management and Monitoring
    * Change Management
    * Data Center Operations

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was it just me or was JH pretty indignant over the severance issue? I guess he was pissed off that it was leaked that he was trying to reduce the terms of the severance. Really the only funny part of the call. Just guessing he is a frequent flyer on these forums?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought the funny part was when he said he has been through this before.

What company outsourced him?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think what he meant was that he has DONE this many times before.

Quest IT is 6% of cost for the company. What I heard was: "WE have no idea how to manage IT professionals and cost. We should be managing a Cracker Barrel. So, we are gonna send it off shore where they have no clue either, but we can blame them".

Out sourcing/Off shoring always smacked of incompetent senior mgmt to me. You are admitting that we can't handle this "thecmology shtuff" so...we will give the keys to our CORE DATA to someone else.

9. It was tongue-in-cheek. Pretty sure everybody knows that SR and JH are experts at ripping a company apart. I could be wrong but didn't JH even talk about that at the April meeting as if it was something to be proud of?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, its just 6%, but at LH it's 3% (supposedly), and that's what they are benchmarking against. And they are actually growing the business while DGX is shrinking. Taking 3% off your bottom line is actually a big deal.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Care 360 Field IT is only out of scope because they haven't found anyone who can do it cheaper. But you can be certain they are still looking for a way to cut that cost... and its a very poorly kept secret that Care 360 itself has proven to be of little value relative to its cost, so we can all guess what they will likely do next.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for clearing that up Mr. Hayden. Now go back to Canada or whatever rock you crawled out from under.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was being sarcastic. It's what made it so funny that JH thinks "he has been through this before".

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was funny.
    :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The funny part was when they decided they needed to replace the systems from the 60s &70s.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't want to be crude but that guy is seriously an A$$.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brian LaPena

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear you, same here being paged in the middle of the night a couple of times, say 3am until 7am to get everybody involved including PM and get ready to be in the office at 9am will be in history.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard messaging got axed and some security guys..

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another dark day for many loyal DGX employees.