Belviq Sales Force

Discussion in 'Eisai' started by Anonymous, Jul 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now here is a brilliant statement. Yes - by all means, take your clinical queues as to how effective and successful a novel new treatment is by watching what the street has to say via stock price before a drug is even commercialized. This made me comment made me a puke a little. Seriously, this is just ignorant. Stock prices used to say something about the value of a company and it's products -- they still do over time. But hey dipshit, Arena/Eisai have not even put drug on the shelf yet. Ya may wanna just ratchet this stupidity back until 6 months post commercialization. And trust me when I say, The stock price will be VERY different then! If you understand the market trader-boy...you know I am right in my criticism of your knee-jerk snapshot

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eisai is pulling out all the stops for this one. It will be hosted in the home of Kentucky Fried Chicken - The Bluegrass state of Kentucky. Booooyyaaa!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought for sure there are more obese people in Georgia than in Kentucky.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yawn........

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kentucky is also the home of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Long John Silvers.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both of these states are full of fat ass red necks! Hopefully, they have teeth to eat the fried chickens.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took my clinical queues from the minimal weight loss from the clinical trial vs. the anticipated cost vs. the AE’s! The analyst viewed it the same way I did and since you do not seem all that astute in the investment world, the analysts employ physician KOL’s to give guidance on things like this. The market seems to agree and as the old saying goes, “The Street always knows first”. Also this is not a kneejerk reaction. The kneejerk reaction was the buy up to $13.50, then the smart money read what the medical community and the analyst were saying and they sold off. The only reason it is holding in the $7s’ is in all likelihood ARNA will be bought out soon, with Pfizer being the lead candidate as of yesterday.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! This guys is really smart. I'm going to listen to him. He sounds like he really understands Wall Street. He sounds like He really knows all the clinical data. He sounds like he really has his mind wrapped around the clinical science. I n fact, I'm just going to do what this guys says because He sounds so smart. I'm going to sell my Arena stock and start shorting the stock like he says. In fact, I'm going to short it alot. In fact, I'll use all the money I make selling the stock to short it and do what this guy says - cause he sounds so sure of himself and smart. I wish I knew who he was, I just give him all my money to manage because he's probably really good with managing money. He must be because he's so smart

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya missed the shorts dummy. And I’m guessing you didn’t make any real money on ARNA since if you sold already you are taking a bath in STCG and left 50% of your earnings on the table to Uncle Sam. So considering you seem to have very little concept on how any of this works. Do this. Hang on to whatever ARNA shares you have, and wait for the buyout which is coming soon. Pray for a $17 share price, but know this Eisai will not be selling this drug.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you trying to incite fear? This industry is already dismantling. Now shut that pie hole!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No - No - No! Let him talk-- let him blather on. I find him amuzing and oh so enlightening! He's so sure of himself. He's so knowledgeable! He knows the answers to all the questions I have before I even ask them! He's real smart - Just do whatever he says and think the way he says to think! Because He's soooooo smart and well-informed I might add. He must be the Eisai CEO

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always amazing the reactions and attempts to belittle those with whom you disagree. Perhaps you are the one who is "so so smart" please enlighten us with your kool aid wisdom. The poster actually spoke well of the realities of the market. Another poster who spoke of fear was partially correct, there is fear and the industry is in a period of consolidation and contraction not dismantling.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To those wondering about an ARENA Takeover!

Let's take a moment to look at this realistically. Arena's potential is with Belviq. The real size and scope of that potential is an assumption by Arena, investors, and potential suitors that would want to buy out the company. Essentially, the only way a deal happens is if the buyer and seller are aligned in the value potential and one side makes is making a mistake in its assumptions.

In my opinion, the time to buy out Arena was prior to Belviq FDA approval, or after initial sales of Belviq are realized and there is a lot more data to work with to determine a proper valuation. I simply do not see another company making a move at this stage. It would require a massive premium based on potential and not real numbers. In 2013 everyone will have a better understanding of whether or not the potential matches up with the gains.

I think many agree that Belviq will be a home run, but will people all agree that it is a game-winning grand slam in the bottom of the 9th inning to win a 7th game World Series championship against your biggest rival?

Simply stated, a buyout now would have to come at a huge premium. As great as that would be for investors, it is not the way things are working in an economy like we have now. Buyouts are happening based on proven data and results, not potential. There will be a day when a buyout may be in the cards, but I simply do not see it as being right now. That does not mean that investors should feel down in the dumps. After all, if you bought this equity for a couple of bucks, you are still quite happy with where things currently stand, and there is still a huge potential to look forward to.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many agree that this drug will be a "home run?" This misconception belongs solely to those who have little understanding of this market (and it's sordid past), the impending competition, the managed care situation, and the patient profiles. For those who do understand these vital concepts, this drug looks more like a "ground-out to first base."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sir are way way way to overconfident in your opinions on this market based on some airy-fairy pharma experience you had in managed care or some other aspect of pharma-sales. The basic truth is in the US alone, people are paying in excess of 10 billion (That's with a "B" USD's / yr on weight loss systems, and weight vanity. You can fill in the product blanks. If you truly understand Belviq's data - not what the naysayer analysts with an agenda are saying - but the complete trial(s) data... you would see this drug will produce significant weigh loss safely for a price 75-80 of the market (0ver 200 million) in US alone are willing to pay. FACT. It will be the first-line script from all HCP's for the associated conditions. It WILL be a Home Run-FACT.
    As to Buyout -- almost everything said previously is spot-on.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just dropping cold hard facts on you losers…you should be thanking me.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First the numbers you are using are grossly inaccurate and it is why most if not all analysts who offer coverage on ARNA have changed their guidance. It has very little to do with the ‘weight loss’ market as a whole, but rather the prescription weight loss market. There are very few barriers to a person accessing most of the weight loss products that make up that $10B. I can go on line or to GNC, Trader Joe’s or any health food store and buy any of the ‘weight loss’ products which account for the lion’s share of the $10B people are spending. I don’t need an appointment to see a doctor or get a prescription. Add in the weight watchers, Jenny Craig, and the others and that round out almost the rest of the $10B. Add the fact that the Belviq label is so restrictive that the lady who wants to drop 10 lbs after having a baby will never get access to this drug, and that is who drove the phen-fen market. No payers are going to pay for this drug off label, meaning slightly elevated BMI folks will never get access to this drug.

Lastly this is exactly when a company will come in and buy! Post approval and pre revenue, especially since the stock receded back so quickly. Are you new to this? You know you will have a commercially available and FDA approved drug, yet the up/downside is unknown. Pfizer and the like can afford that risk. ARNA cannot. The market cap is only $1.88B. Even if Pfizer paid them a 100% premium it would only cost $4B to buy ARNA and I can tell you this having worked in M&A’s ARNA’s board and institutional investors would jump at a 50% premium, especially in light of all the negative opinions that are out there founded or not. GSK, Pfizer etc could absorb $4B without batting an eye! Again ARNA will be bought, it will be before years end, and Eisai will never market this drug, as I do not think Japan is in a position to absorb another company.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we paid 4B for mgi so compare the products and pipeline to see a cmparison on tha value..bellvick has 1B potential but aloxi never did, jus sayin

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter, the company has a lots and a lots of money.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aloxi is close to $500 million, but most goes to Helsin. No way Belviq gets close to $1 billion. Lol