new to medical device - biomet spine worth it?

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi there,

i've read this board looking for insight as to whether or not biomet is a good company to gain entrance into the medical device arena with. some people seem happy, others not...can anybody offer a true perspective for me--it'd be my first position w/ medical device, after having past b2b, diagnostic capital equipment, and pharmaceutical experience. as i understand, i would have the entire spine line, including hardware, stimulators, and braces.

thanks in advance...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you a moron? did you not read the blog two spots below titled "biomet spine"???? why don't you look there for your answers? or let me guess, you read it, didn't like what you heard so you wanted to post a new thread to hopefully hear some good news? your clueless.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

some people are afraid of the truth......

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just trying to see if it's worthwhile to accept the position to break into the field...not for a long-term gig...just as a stepping stone to another med device job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful, it could be a "sinking stone"... and people may ask why you chose Biomet Spine.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say to jump on it, because I'm not sure you'll get a chance to sell spine with no experience again. I really don't know how you're getting an offer to do so. I've been in spine for awhile and it's a tough area to work in unless you're with a large company, or involved in a shady POD. If you really want a device job, this is a good chance for you to get started and Biomet may not be the leader in spine, but it still holds it's own, and really a pedicle screw is a pedicle screw, not much difference across the board. It's getting a surgeon to use your product that's going to be very difficult in the current spine market. Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you read mostly here on cafepharma is the BS that is going on inside the company and the Spine division. The leadership and management inside is extremely weak at best. But chances are you would be signing up with a distributor, which might be tolerable. Maybe. And you wouldn't necessarily be part of Biomet Spine. Would still proceed with A LOT of caution.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biomet is taking their spine unit direct.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if this were to happen, Biomet Spine's management team would likely screw up the transition and take five years to complete. They are so incompetent, they couldn't wipe their own ass even if the roll of TP was mounted on their backside!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO - not worth it!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company along with others, NuVasive and Orthofix all saw declines this past quarter. Ask yourself what you want out of a sales job; do you want a challenge, do you want docs calling you for products, etc. I've worked for distributors in the spine market and have come across reps from many different companies. I believe that Biomet is a great starting point, better than Orthofix and other companies like Globus, which is buying their sales from doctors. Also, news on the street is humming and it seems like Biomet Spine is making some positive steps forward in all areas due to past performance in sales numbers, and honestly Its only because the spine sales force wasn't getting enough help from inside. All this said, it could be a huge opportunity to start in the industry and move forward with them as they turn things around and grow.