Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious to know some feedback regarding the National Association of Medical Sales Reps and the Registered Medical Sales Rep Certification. Specifically, at a cost of $250 it seems that this may be a worthwhile certification to have but I am interested to hear if this has helped anyone in landing a medical device job and are many medical device companies requiring this certification when hiring candidates. Also, for those who have taken the course, how long does it take to complete in order to get certified? Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO HELP WHATSOEVER. WASTE OF $$$

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in the medical device sales business for 25 years, as a sales rep, sales manager, and most recently a medical sales recruiter. NAMSR is a SCAM, and no company places any crdibility whatsoever in the fact that you have been "certified" by them. In fact, it may actually work against you because the hiring manager will question why you were so stupid to pay $250 to this organization!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work at GE Healthcare and I was hired by them because I did possess a RMSR Certfication. It takes about 70 hours to complete the program. Once you start interviewing you will find out that medical device companies seek applicants who have their RMSR Certification.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing with Medtronic and they are looking for me to complete the RMSR Certifcation in order to move forward with the process. Where did you get your RMSR Training? I want this job badly, please help!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it is important for an actual RMSR graduate to share some great information. I had always been interested in a medical sales job. When I began research about a new career, a friend of mine who worked in medical sales for over 10 years recommended the RMSR training course. About 7 weeks after I completed my RMSR Certification, I started my new sales career with Siemens Medical. I actually found the information for the job in the National Association of Medical Sales Rep Employment Center. I recommend the RMSR Certificaton to anyone looking to get into medical device sales.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is always a risk when taking a course from an institution that you probably know very little about. Certainly, the National Association of Medical Sales Reps is well recognized by medical device companies and the industry sales reps. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Because of what I heard from some medical device reps, I felt that it would be o.k. but still I was nervous that it could turn out to be a Mickey Mouse course. Paying for the course ($245) can be an expensive endeavor for some of us.

As an experienced business woman, I was feeling a little cynical, but actually the RMSR course exceeded my expectations. I found all of the industry information to be comprehensive, informative, enlightening and really preparing students to have a good foundation prior to embarking into this very tecnical business.

I would certainly recommend the RMSR course because not only did I learn alot but it did lead to me accepting a medical device sales rep position. I have read some negative comments above and believe me there is no way that any medical company would look at industry training and education as a negative. Those comments are from misinformed bloggers. The RMSR Certification was certainly the main factor in obtaining my initial interviews with over 5 different medical equipment companies. I will tell you that I was offered a job because I interview very well. I typically do not respond to these type of blogs but felt that someone needed to set the record straight here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I broke into surgical device from B2B with no prior medical experience. I considered this course, but then spoke with my friends in the industry and realized any company worth their salt would provide me with comprehensive training. My friends in device had never even heard of this program when I inquired. But to each his own. This was just my personal experience, and everyone is different. I landed my gig because I CAN SELL. period. not because I completed a class that anyone with $245 can take.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applied to medical sales positions for 3 months and received no interviews. I then took the RMSR training program and received my RMSR Certification. When I added the RMSR certification to my resume I then obtained 3 interviews in 2 weeks. It worked for me.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the person above who thought the RMSR certification was a waste of time you should probably call the medical device companies. I have gotten a hold of 4 different companies and 2 required it, 1 highly preferred it and the other strongly recommended it. Maybe you were an industry outsider. To each their own.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you obviously do not work in the OR. its your specific company training/credentials that allow you to be in the Operating Room and provide technical assistance to surgeons. I work for a major device player and have never even heard of this. but like you said, to each his own...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thank the NAMSR continuously for the great information the RMSR Certification and training program provided me. I have always been interested in the medical device sales field. When I began research about a new career, a friend of mine who has worked in medical sales for over 10 years recommended the RMSR Certification training course. I am ready to start my new career with Siemens Medical which I found the information for the job in the NAMSR Employment Center. I will recommend this course to many others. I will try and keep this blog posted of my success.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all of the naysayers on this blog I can only tell you from my experience that they are 100% inaccurate. I recently interviewed with a top 20 medical device company who is utilizing the NAMSR to fill over 130 entry level medical sales jobs. They are looking for applicants that have received the RMSR training.

The RMSR Certification is basically a marketability booster. First, certification training listed on your resume demonstrates your ability and your desire to stay current; this is no small task in the medical industry where skills can become obsolete as quickly as they became cutting edge. Second, it shows that you take initiative, a trait many employers look for. The medical field continues to be a worker's market. Almost anyone who's any good at all is able to get work. But when it comes to landing just the position you're after, you'll always benefit by differentiating yourself from your competitors, especially when it comes to the more desirable positions.

Usually those with higher salaries and cutting edge work will have plenty of applicants lining up for consideration. Picture a hiring manager sorting through a pile of resumes, searching for clues that elevate one candidate above another. She may have six resumes that indicate the desired experience level and qualifications. Yours includes a RMSR (Registered Medical Sales Representative) Certification and believe me from my experience it will lead to interviews.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just mentioning RMSR is valid and recognized within the medical device industry. It is very well branded and respected.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it's an extremely comprehensive program-the RMSR Certification is designed to help people enter a medical sales career and allow medical device employers to hire trained applicants. The four important components of the system involve medical industry knowledge, healthcare industry selling techniques, medical industry selling regulations, and medical terminlogy. Many companies are requiring NAMSR members and new hire to participate in the RMSR certification program. This is the only program I've seen designed to help both medical sales applicants and the medical equipment companies.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been a recruiter for medical sales reps for over 12 years and I can tell you that medical and industry knowledge is needed to qualify for job openings. A broad range of knowledge from understanding medical terminology to managed care reimbursement is required. As a medical sales representative you must be able to understand, communicate, and apply large amounts of complex medical information, such as diagnoses, diseases, treatments, and clinical studies to physicians. To completely understand the healthcare industry, a future medical sales rep candidate needs to know the basics about managed care, formularies, buying groups and physician trends. It is also vital that medical sales candidates have some introduction to the healthcare and medical industry.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just called 11 medical device companies today and only got to talk to 4 actual people. Just to let everyone know 3 out of 4 did strongly recommend the RMSR Certification.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really appreciate it what the RMSR Certification and the NAMSR did for me. I really enjoyed the RMSR Ttraining. It was interesting and informative. I enjoyed it more to your than any of my university courses which I took long ago. The Employment Center was vital as that is where I found my new medical sales jobs. Good job to all at the association.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, certification training listed on your resume demonstrates your education, technical skills and ability to sell medical devices; this is no small task in the medical industry where skills can become obsolete as quickly as they became cutting edge. Second, it shows that you take initiative, a trait many employers look for. The medical field continues to be a worker's market. Almost anyone who's any good at all is able to get work. But when it comes to landing just the position you're after, you'll always benefit by differentiating yourself from your competitors, especially when it comes to the more desirable positions. Usually those with higher salaries and cutting edge work will have plenty of applicants lining up for consideration. Picture a hiring manager sorting through a pile of resumes, searching for clues that elevate one candidate above another.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RMSR TRAINING--I work for a large staffing firm which recruits for medical sales reps and many of our large medical clients will ask for as well as seek out the RMSR certificaion - training in resumes. I recommend this training to several of our candidate clients. The RMSR training should help you.