Why is Zofran so expensive?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Dec 31, 2007 at 1:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK does not make the generic. Go bitch to the company that does

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you hate gay people so much? Not cool dude...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess like most normal people, I can't imagine wiping shit off my pecker from some limp wrists asshole, plus if there were no gays AIDS would sooner or later come to an end. No need for expensive GSK drugs... that is why GSK subsidizes homos with their "spousal equivalent" medical coverage... the more Aids patients the more they make. I guess I am not a cool dude huh. But my wiener won't be up a hole that was made for defication, in another male. I assume you think that makes you cool ? HAHAHAHA You can be as cool as you want. That is your problem, my friend

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

industry problems are your problems, numb-nuts. You think you operate in a vacuum?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What training would that be??? When you can't defend against a plausible argument...The call people names and wish bad things upon them training? Yep...thats what I thought...you didn't help clean up the vomit that switching my Grand mother off Zofran caused... you were on to your next "how can we save the pharmacy budget money. Patients be damned..And to say that never happened in teaching institutions is an outright LIE...
    Those horrible things will most surely fall on you and your family....ever heard of Karma. Let see..your a pharmacist who hates the industry, hates your company, hates your counterparts, hates Gays...and hates yourself.I"m sure after Glaxo has figured out how totally useless you are I'll see you in some Wal-Greens yelling at your pharmacy techs...being rude to the patients...and having a wonderful life.
    Oh..by the way.. I am concerned about sexual diseases...being single...its scary out there. The one I'm most concerned with is your wife...I've been fucking her on a regular basis without a condom...I'm sure you've tasted me on her...and just didn't know it...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, not correct about Zantac. The reason you cannot get the 150mg IS because it is OTC, but also because it is not GSK's anymore. They sold/licensed the 150mg strength to another company. Pfizer's consumer business I think, but not sure. Just look on the box. Now you could argue whether that was a smart decision or not. Would have been better to license out Tagamet OTC and keep Zantac OTC, but when all of the top dogs at this company were SB, what do you expect. Guess they had their butt kicked enough by Zantac and wanted it out of the house.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

first, what med was substituted for Zofran? Compazine? Reglan? Probably not, if you even do have a grandmother in this situation which I doubt. Therapeutic Substitution would go for another member of the class or, in antibiotics, stretch a generation or two if talking about cephalosporins or extended penicillins. Zofran would go for Kytril, etc, but not another class of antiemetics. Nice try Skippy. BTW- I do not hate the industry (or pharmacy), as both offer me a comfortable living, but rather question a lot about it including people like you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hit the nail on the head....If the consumer knew what crooks they were...there would be a bounty on them

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

because puking is even more expensive.
    case closed

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow I was actually looking for a real answer to this question and I can't believe I wasted my time coming to this site. The people on here slinging mud are acting like pathetic children. If you just want someone to argue with then this is the site to be on. Thanks for wasting my time and I won't be back here..............lame

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you posted this back in March and just came back today for the answer? I would hardly say your time was wasted. Don't waste our time by bringing up old posts about generic drugs that we don't even promote anymore.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the generic companies are doing so well why is Mylan's share price in the toilet? Why aren't we seeing fat dividends and rising share prices?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Why is Zofran ODT so expensive?

I'm on this while pregnant. They gave it to me because Phenergain doesn't work for me and Reglan has been causing so many medical problems right now.
    My last pregnancy I was also on Zofran ODT. That stuff is a God send! since I had hyperemisis.

But I went to the pharmacy to get some and it took 3 days because of the price. They had to check with my insurance which is to cover 100% of all of my prescriptions. I asked her how much is was going to cost for the 45 pills and she told me "oh about $1300.00"
    I'm thanking God right now for my insurance because my last pregnancy I took Zofran 2-3 a day to keep my hyperemisis in check from month 2 to month 10. I was still very sick after I had my baby.

Can you imagine how much that would have costed? I'm just praying that this pregnancy morning sickness goes away before it turns into that. I'm on month 3.

But my point is... If they use it for pregnant woman and cancer patients. Shouldn't the price go down.
    I asked how much the generic was and she told me that wit was about $400.00.

CRAZY!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You dont have to be a chemo patient to take the Zofran or Ondansetron. I'm a pregnant woman with Hyperemisis. These pills are used for alot more than you think.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, that's a sick thing to say to anyone. If I ever found out who you were I'd hope someone would take your license.
    Not because you are an ass... But because you have no idea what you are talking about.
    HPV does not cause a mans dick to fall off... #1
    #2 Your wife probably has it since 80% of women in the USA have it and DON'T even know.
    #3 It can cause cancer and genital warts. Not to be confused with falling off!

You're fucking stupid. Even the general public knows that.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That wonderful generic your taking. Most only have 65% or the active ingredient in them. This is the amount they are required to have.... Also, many of them are manufactured a different way. Many are compressed, and pass right through the GI system. They are called "bed pan plinkers". Hmmm why don't you go buy some generic cigarettes, and generic label food while your at it... but a medicine that can heal you or keep you out of the hospital...and the world bitches.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't ask GSK ask the generic comany numb nuts

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the bottom line. Pharmacist's are crooks. Plain and simple. End of Argument. Now lets all move on.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My insurance will only cover 15 pills (generic Zofran = ONDANSETRON) every 23 days and I take 2-3 pills a day. An additional 15 pills (generic) out of pocket was quoted at over $50 by CVS. However, I found a site that sells the generic for $26 for 90 pills and I ordered these - your doc has to write you a prescription obviously... Just wanted to pass this on for anyone who would like to take it but can't afford it. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/bVX0uW

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay the man Shirley.