Layoff

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ass munch!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being in the Medical Device Industry is a noble thing for all of humanity. The innovation and technology developed for the betterment of human life quality is a very satisfying thing. It truly disgusts me to see it all boil down to dollars and cents, and politics. In my opinion, the whole industry is much bigger than that. At least I choose to see it that way.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Puhhhlleeez...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can claim fake overtime with a manager who covers for you, too. In return, you just need to corroborate the cover stories for the manager's own lies. Everyone wins!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes some sense, financially. Fire bloated reps who are being paid to be on call, gas ect. The information gets to the ER doc within minutes not an hour for the rep to drag his tail out of bed. Seems like a win win for MDT. Reduction in field force but continue support.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the days ahead you can expect more catering to the hospitals and less to implanting physicians. As physicians lose control of picking and choosing preferred companies due to doctor buy outs, the companies must decide how to gain acceptance from the hospitals. If this means trimming the fat, consider technology to replace high paid Representatives who are being utilized for mediocre device checks that can be handled via carelink. If someone needs called to adjust the device, so be it. You can see that financial gain from the cost reduction.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ER checks are jokes 90% of the time and customers should pay for their inability to do a basic evaluation if a rep needs to be called or if it's just a simple "CYA" call to check a device. FYI- that's what CS's are for, not rep's. It's the CS's that need to be concerned about riff's not the bloated rep's. CS's don't drive revenue and if you don't drive $....guess what? You're probably made the "Short List"!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes more sense to just give the Express monitor away and cut costs. You don't need to pay a new sales force to do that. Every rep i know will aggresively get it placed to end the night and weekend call stuff. Only reason they would need a sales force is so EH can attempt to generate revenue for her P&L. This will simply be another display as to how out of touch with the market she is. Too bad PM has a crush on her. It will be another contributer to his demise.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are kidding yourself.. Since the hospitals make the decisions the over priced reps will be at the top of the list. I think the days of the Rep/ CS is over. It will just be CS's

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is fucking brilliant.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F PM. HE IS AN ASSHOLE

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That prick came to MDT for one reason only; to ride the money train.
    Now that it slowed down he's incapable of making any actual business decisions, so he's doing what they teach in business school. Layoff everyone else but call it a Transformation.
    He took a business that thousands of others built and contributed to and ran it into the ground.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another bloodbath at Mounds View today (4/26/12).

On the bright side, MDT will finally be able to make some money, renting out one of the three buildings they built 6 yrs ago. The paint hasn't even dried yet.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PM is a punk.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

after all the ranting and raving in this thread, not once did anyone come forward and substantiate the OP claims that MDT is any worse than any other fortune 500 company when it comes to the layoff process. As was said before, it sucks to get laid off, but its not like MDT is any worse or better than other large companies.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Morale has been horrible for 5 years. Most of us are unsatisfied and overworked. Development opportunities are slim. "Work life balance" is horrible, you live to work.

The business model isn't working. Mature market profit margins are slim and new markets need to be funded well, yet funding is destructively short sighted. So we're in a tight spot. Old ways aren't working. If we stay the same, we sink. Yet if we change constantly, so too do we sink. It's time to layout a plan with enough patience to keep cool and stick to it.

I did not elect to leave, and was not rif'd. Yet I will go to sleep tonight wondering if leaving would have ultimately been for the best. I frequently regret ever electing to come to the company. Year after year, the job gets more demanding and compensation erodes.

The ethics of this company are shaky. We walk a very thin line compared to other companies within and outside of the industry. For example, people here are rif'd based on two things: political "perceptions" and value added. The problem is, if they don't "perceive" that you're valuable, you will be put on the weaker projects which get cut first. Then they say the rif is all just funding related which is a lie. Meanwhile they hire more people just to lay off more next year. Another example is the diversity initiative, to hire and fill quotas and develop women and people of color; it's merely is a veiled means to collect government contract monies contingent on compliance to affirmative action plans, yet we make believe it's some sincere business strategy to tap into a wealth of new perspective which is a lie. Yet they see fit to pump us full with rhetoric on the importance of "trust and respect", "straight talk", "candor", train us on the OZ principle to hold us accountable not just to our jobs but also those in the gaps around us, and trumpet the virtues of "living the mission".

We have 3 priorities in the balance of daily decisions: quality, cost, and timeline - and they are all ranked #1! All 3 are of essential importance, and all 3 compete against each other. The reward we get for achieving this trifecta is... we survive for the moment and get rif'd on the last Thursday of every April.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated and very much the truth.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow man - couldnt have said it better myself!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RW?