New round of Cuts

Discussion in 'Pfizer IT' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

meant BARN not BARD ... damm autocorrect!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To Post #38 - No. HP will not be adding any newly severed Pfizer IT to work at any of the Pfizer facilities. Besides, this would violate the PFE severance agreement which states that no employee can take a position with a vendor, supplier, etc and work on site while collecting severance payments.

To All others - If you are included in the waves for this week or the next wave week (which is April 23-27), you will receive the OLD severance package. All waves after the week of April 27th will receive the NEW severance package.

I, for one, hope that I do not survive these 2 waves and then caught riding the next wave out the door with the new, crappier severance package.

Either way, if you are either given notice or are one of the select few who get asked to stay, I hope that you all find peace and happiness in whatever lies ahead. Always remember - it's just a job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To Post #42 please read exclusion #3 in the severance package. Your Employment is continued with or transferred by PFE to, an outsourcing vendor even if the salary and benefits offered by the outsourcing company are not equivalent......

Exclusion #3 = Transferred to HP "without" a severance package.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor is that BTI is waiting on releasing folks so they can catch the new and improved severance package.

Ugh.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sinking ship. RUN.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run like the Captain of that Italian cruise ship.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Line BT also getting hammered. My buddy's group in NY got hammered with his group being cut 55% and almost all who remain were VP and her direct reports. All the people that actually did any work were axed!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any details about who or what's affected in BTI NY and Madison so far?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The June wave is being held very close to the chest !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much more could they cut before BT completely implodes?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The deep cuts are not just in BT. Every group is under pressure.
    Years ago we could not believe how deep the cuts were going and we still keep it all afloat. Good people being led out the door. We still kept it all afloat.

I think the bigger question is, when does Pfizer itself implode or is it just dismantled whereas the impact of the cuts does not matter ???? Except for big bonuses for the Pfizer Leadership Team !!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW
    As a Pfizer escapee a couple of years ago. Each time there were big cuts my Linkedin activity increased.
    The past two weeks has been nuts with connections from NY and Madison.
    I guess there will not be many remaining soon. ??????????

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed what is happening in NY? Does anyone know?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are still waiting to hear in JC's area. Management team met Thursday, but no word on what will be left to work with.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about in JI and JH areas?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They could cut another 400-500MM before BT implodes.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what? nothing heard -or- nothing left to work with ?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those whose areas have been impacted with the most recent cuts - Any indication on whether this it it for a while, or are we going to see groups continuing to be getting cut. Cuts are bad enough for morale, but endless cutting is far worse.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I know for sure is that it will continue to at least December.
    I am on the December wave. Tried to get on the May wave but that request was rejected.
    I also know colleagues on the June and July waves.
    Not all colleagues have been notified. For some reason HR/management are very selective who is notified early verses when they are obligated.