Techfidera Death?

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why am I not surprised at all to read this kind of comment from someone who is so concerned about the health of MS patients?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not for nothing but you trolls post all this CRAP...there's probably not even 1 Biogen employee who posts any of this garbage. Kind of funny how tecfidera is spelled WRONG on every post. You morons from Novartis need to learn how to spell when you imposter a Biogen employee.

Google it, I'm sure they can help you with your grammar.

Idiots

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh pleeaaassseee....what are you sniffing today??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fumarate

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors of number 2 surfacing..facts please!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors of number 2 surfacing..facts please!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Possible Tecfidera Dural Leak/Tear in the neck

Hi, I would just like to add my little experience. Had been on rebif for just over a year. No real change but started to get needle fatigue. Here's the timeline. Stopped my rebif Sun Sept 22. Started Tecfidera Mon Sept 23, single dose M/N. Jump to double dose the following week. Started getting a weird headache that Tuesday Sept 1sr of that week. Stopped tecfidera in the meantime and went to Emerge Thurs Sept 3 and over to Sept 5. Ran tests which incl CT/MRI brain. Docs said all was clear that it must be just a stubborn headache, gave some meds, if it gets worse go to Fam Phy. Headache seem to let up slightly so I continued Tecfidera later that week at single dose (Think it was Thurs Oct 10). Stayed at single does till the following and stopped again (Think it was Thurs Ocr 17). Headache seem to still be there but was getting worse oddly. Went through the weekend in bed barely moving called the fam phy on Tues Oct 22, got me in that day. Gave me some pain meds and talked about possible sinus infection and to call him on Thurs Oct 24 if it was still bad. Still bad, called and he sent sinus antibiotics and said thar if it did not clear by the weekend go to Emerge. So guess what, it didnt clear. So Sat Oct 26 back to emerge, doc reviewed scans from Oct 5 said it looked like there was low cranial pressure. In hospital till Nov 1. Ended up doing a full back MRI, showed there was a CSF dural leak/tear in my upper neck.. Told it should heal on its own as a blood patch probably won't make it that high. Feeling better, just kinda pissed it was missed early Oct and ended up getting worse. Main symptom was Frontal postual pressure head pain. Headache only standing or sitting. Lying down was instant relief. In those other position, the pressure and pain in my forehead and behind eyes was so bad I wanted to stab knitting needles through my eyes. Pain was caused from the leak which did not allow the brain to float properly and pressed against pain signals. Check online for specific details. Freak occurance or is?? it?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. Reported to biogen but haven't heard anything. Typical.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my husband started this techfidera after 3 weeks got out of no where- he got deathly sick diarea throwing up weak,black stools- went to dr oh you must have food poison or flu keep taking techfidera
    so he had stopped for week- so sick then started again on one pill gets hives on face ,weak
    diarea and now he has to take 2 aday .........he already has the virus in him thats why he cant take the other one tysabri any more he was on tysabri 2 years before they took him off he was then told now they test for virus after he had already taken it for years...so now im reading this stuff do we stop or continue techfiedea he has been on every thing ...............

10. My advice would be to just stop. Do nothing for now. Let his system recover. Then re-evaluate. Is his MS really that bad to the point where it is worth risking his life with any of these potentially deadly monoclonal antibody drugs?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still off. Headaches are getting better so I'LL think my leak is healing. Have appt end of Nov to figure what the next step. Who knows if tecfidera was the cause.. Hope to ger some answers soon...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck! It's not for everyone and thankfully there are other options!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you feel like crap on Tecfidera then just stop it. Don't continue because your neurologist who happens to be bought by Biogen tells you to stay on it. All the neurologists who used Tysabri are now using Tecfidera and getting honorariums for their consultant feedback about how great it is working on their pts. Go back on Rebif, so what if you have to poke yourself a few times a week at least your not going to have some weird side effect and irreversible DMV to your brain.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you posting this crap about Biogen not caring about the MS patients etc.. I work at Biogen and my mother is on one of our drugs for MS. I have worked at several Biotech companies that I would'nt take one thing they made, yet I feel so comfortable with Biogen and their MFG process that my own mother takes one of the drugs... go post your lies on your own board... trying to scare people wont work!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please wait while I get a kleenex to wipe the tears away!! We don't have to try and scare people...Biogen does a pretty good job of that with selling their drugs that have horrible side effects...and then telling everyone how safe they are.

Nice spin though...you guys are the absolute best at that...remember when you told the world how safe Tysabri was to take??!! Your execs made millions on that one...but of course that isn't considered a lie by Biogen!

16. Hopefully it's Avonex which won't kill here. Otherwise, I assume you've made sure you are going to be well taken care of in her Will when she dies.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a great way to save costs from a company that isn't getting the expected revenue from Tysabri. Nice to know that Buyogen is so concerned about the health of MS patients!!!!

http://www.ms-uk.org/MSnews

18. Tysabri is extremely effective in rats. No surprise they're running (or hobbling) around Biogen facilities!

I even read in the DailyMail.co.uk yesterday that Vitamin B is more effective than any of the killer drugs! Now that was funny! Where do I go to get stung by bees? Count me in! <snicker>

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess things like Vitamin B and bees don't end up turning your brain to jello like Kilsabri does!!!