Fera Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know anything about this company and their products?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was just called for a phone screen. The basic concept is that this company will give me my own territory and car allowance plus fuel but NO base salary. Aside from that it will be commission based. They have salaried reps in the field, but they are transitioning to the 'commission only' model and really have no base line as to how quick their products can grow.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They mostly only have eye ointments, which are being used less and less in the industry. They bought the rights to bacitracin ophthalmic ointment which was around $5 in 2009 and marked it up to $60. I'm sure the reps are having a hard time selling it, I've seen one in my offices a few times and the doctors laugh about the price when the rep leaves. Doesn't sound like they are using it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recoeved an offer from them. They were going to start me off at $40,000. Can you believe that? I'm worth so much more. They said the commission and bonus were uncapped but how much more can you make selling only eye ointments? They seem to be a smaller company thats doing alright. but for a offer of only 40K to sell pharmaceuticals? Not for me. I was making 65K-70K at my last two pharm jobs with a 10K-15K bonus. They must be looking for the bottom of the barrel reps or reps who are fresh to the pharma seen

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is really interesting your comments. You were making more than $65 for another two companies? And why are you looking for a job? It looks like you really belong to the bottom of the barrel. Take the job and be happy about it. With your resume that is the best you can get, Sorry!!!