Well, how much do you have in your 401K and how old are you?

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's back back to the serious discussion at hand.

Bondage, to a money system, that seeks to destroy people is a realty.

You people think that the 401k gives you financial security. You are wrong.

Being debt free

is financial security. Not tying up your money in a 401k is just common sense, smart. When the time is right, a good play is to buy a property, with cash, in an area with lower taxes. Buying property in high tax areas, is foolish.

Here is the most important thing I can impart to you carnal minded:

If you continue to play ball with these nasty money changers, you will suffer. The 401k is a scam, and if you can't see that, you have been taken. Hopefully, the youngsters will listen and stop contributing. Hopefully, the middle age will stop contributing and hope to make it to that age, when they can pull it out. Hopefully, the retired will be smart enough to pull all of their money out, and not count of this nonsense, that has their mind fixed on a glorious retirement, in retirement heaven. Wake up and learn where true eternal security lies, and it is not in a financial vehicle that seeks to destroy you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, we know that you don't invest in a 401K because you can't afford to do so due to your low income. You are also not smart enough to know how to invest in 401Ks, so it probably isn't worth your time.

In the end, you will suffer through retirement with your meager funds, and that is your choice.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, are you really that dense?

SMART people don't invest in 401ks for many reasons, but the main reason is because they don't want to transfer their money into a long term investment that is tied up for so long. The same applies for a mortgage.

Your problem?
    Simple.

You can't think for yourself.

it may be harsh, but it is true. you are just like those people that can't wait to watch American Idol, and think the pharmaceutical sales industry is a great JOB, and think that watching sports all weekend constitutes a good weekend.

Caught up in Matrix, tossed by the wind. Your foolish ways are going to catch up with you.

Advice: stop posting about things you know nothing about, because I really start making a fool out of you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leave this discussion to the adults, please.

You leaving nothing to support your argument. You also have little life experience because you make simple general statements, that are well accepted by...

People that can't think for themselves!

Wake up. Learn what truth really is. It has very little to do with finances. I know these concepts are hard for you to understand, because you grew up watching South Park and still think Family Guy is a great show and Seth McFarlene is really talented, right?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen, junior, my 10 year old knows more about finances then you do. You have been given plenty of facts, but you just can't comprehend it. Here are a couple more:

http://quotes.morningstar.com/fund/VTSMX/f?t=VTSMX

http://quotes.morningstar.com/fund/VFINX/f?t=VFINX

Take a look, junior. What are the expense rates of these funds? (Hint: less than a quarter of a percent) What are the long term return rates? (notice the returns include the downturn of 2008/2009).

I don't care to watch your silly shows (South Park, etc.). Sounds like you should be spending your time studying financial matters versus brain-dead shows.

I have said it over and over again. Stick to low cost index funds in your 401K in reduce risk, beat the returns of over 85% of managed funds, and keep your costs at rock bottom levels.

Once again, those are the FACTS.........and, your welcome (for the free education).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay ignorant then...

as a fool says in his heart.

You don't understand systems and controls and bondage, because you have not been set free. You mind is mush. Carnal.

My warnings are wasted, then. Time to move on again. Maybe, when a word comes to me, I will post again...

there are bigger fish to fry and people that will listen to the truth, and with those I will invest my time.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, nothing is free. So, your thought process that suggests free education is silly.

Worse, your education is costly.

Do yourself and others a favor: stop spreading lies.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spreading lies? That is what you do. I happen to use FACTS, including links, which I noticed that you failed to do. So, as we can see, index funds, such as those examples provided, have produced excellent long term results over up and down markets, at a very low cost.

Once again, you are welcome for the free education.

Next.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DUDE, you are investing in a system that is corrupt and ready to implode.
    You bond yourself to 30-40 years of servitude in the process, giving away your hard earned money to investments that seek to manipulate your wealth and hold you captive to a dream world that never comes.

Its not about index funds or tax breaks or "retirement"...

its about freedom.

You are missing the point of my posts and my position.

Learn to think for yourself. Start there. Turn off the TV. Stop watching men bouncing balls around, and start to learn how the world really works and why you do what you do.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is that you make silly statements and can't back them with facts. Instead, we can look at the financial returns of various investments, along with the associated expenses and make decisions based on these FACTS. If you have even half a brain and willing to spend just a little time doing work yourself, you can figure this all out.

Freedom comes from have a strong financial plan and executing on the plan. Your money needs to serve a purpose and invested in ways that meet your needs. Discussing the use of retirement funds to address emergency issues or unemployment shows that you don't know how to plan and structure your funds to address specific needs.

As to your repeated comments on TV shows, you are throwing it in as a silly distraction. No one even brought up the subject. If you have a problem with watching television, then don't watch it. It seems that you are suffering from attention deficit disorder.

I think you need to start from the basics. Spend some time on the bogleheads forum and learn how to understand the fundamentals. Start with this one and then go to the threads on building portfolios:

http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6211

Once again, you are welcome.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are beyond help, so I will not attempt to correct you anymore.

My last statement to you is this: world systems like the 401k are designed to control you and put you into financial slavery. The 401k give leverage to the money changers to manipulate the resources of the masses.

You don't get it, and probably never will. Your mind can't comprehend it, because you are a man of the flesh.

It is what is.
    I hope you can see your error someday.
    If not, then it is to your shame.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

buzz off

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth hurts.
    I know.
    There are times when I want to believe in it all, the Matrix, the 401k, the retirement on Fantasy Island, the wife the never ages, the kids that always listen, the job that never gets downsized, the customer that isn't too demanding yet buys all the time.

Look, it is what it is.

There is a time appointed for man to die, and then the Judgement.

It is not pretty.

And, I am not going to buzz off because I care about you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't care about you

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Money is your God, I will give you the best stock out there to buy right now and for the next several years. I don't agree with ANYTHING this stock stands for, so I won't buy it. I serve a greater purpose. You all can have your cake and rot when the time is right. So, for your temporary livers you can have my free pick at no cost. It won't matter in 100 years.

DIS (Disney).

Its the best stock on the market, by a long shot.

Good day.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth? You have no clue. You have been given plenty of information, backed by proof and links. You, however, have not provided either.

Face it. You have no clue how to invest and cannot even manage a 401K. You probably don't even have enough spare money to fund a 401K, let alone establish a basic emergency fund.

Some day you will end up living a life in which you struggle with basic living expenses,yet unable to help yourself as you will be too old to work anymore.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your carnal mind still doesn't get it.
    Its about using time wisely and investing in things that last.
    Things that withstand fire.

At least let common sense guide you: do you really think the people running the 401k and Wall Street care about you? Do you really think they DON'T manipulate money supply? You need to think about the truth more, and less about this fake economy that you live in.

In time, your paper and assets will not matter. It is all going electronic, and if you want what is yours, you are going to have to play ball with some evil forces at work.

Start to think for yourself. That is the first thing you must do. To go further requires much more work, and you might have it in you, I hope you do.

Again, buy the crap out of Disney, and in a few years, you can see my pick make you money. Not bragging, but that will double within 3 years, easily, maybe more.

Either way, I don't care. I just do this for fun. Remember when I gave you all Citigroup below 30?

Time to run. I am going to stop posting here, as I think I am wasting my time. Just remember that the fire will burn it all, but there are riches that withstand the fire, and the 401k is not in it.

To repeat, the 401k is a system designed to transfer wealth from the masses to the elite. It is nothing more than that. They have you in bondage, and you love your slavery.

I am telling you to choose freedom, and you tell me to buzz off!

HA. HA. HA.

I will laugh when you fail and the market comes crashing down.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More blather from you, yet you still lack facts and you also don't understand index funds. Index funds have outperformed managed funds and at a fraction of the cost. You keep talking about Wall Street, yet index funds ARE NOT MANAGED FUNDS.

Next, buying single stocks has been proven time and again to be a losers game. It is one of the riskiest things you can do.

Next time you post, try basing comments on fact and not fiction.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are lost, in more ways than one.

You are speaking of nickels and dimes. That is what ALL money is: nickels and dimes.

Awake from your slumber and walk in freedom. Index funds, buying foreclosed condos, and staying debt free, and buying DIS and more DIS and more DIS is smart, but it is all nickels and dimes, nickels and dimes.

You big problem is you think you are going to live forever!

HA. HA. HA.

Stop getting played by the world, son.

401k, index funds, buying a home with a mortgage, buying property in high taxes areas, funding college with loans, on and on we go with the bondage that you love.

its a shame that you haven't graduated to true freedom, you and about 99.99 percent of the people that read and post here.

its an absolute crying shame, but the Word is correct: professing yourselves to be wise, you became fools!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like you are suffering from a mental illness as you just make stuff up as you go. Who said anything about having a mortgage? You said anything about buying a house in high tax areas? Who said anything about funding college with loans?

I don't waste money. Buying individual stocks is dangerous and is an expensive way of investing. Low cost index funds helps to reduce risk and expense. I use them in my 401K because they outperform most managed funds. The 401K is one of the few ways to defer taxes, yet you still don't understand that.

I follow the Bogleheads philosophy. You seem to follow the tinfoil hat philosophy.