Another round of layoffs?

Discussion in 'Linvatec' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the story in Largo headquarters? I was told that they have had another round of layoffs and for the first time they fired skilled electronic production workers. Does this relate to the move of electronic capital products manufacturing to Mexico? Did more of our Marketing Product Managers get "restructured"?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happens when you hire greedy distributors with no long term business vision only focusing on capital products like video and power???? They burn through reps give themselves a bad name and the rest of the company ends up getting screwed because of it. Now Linvatec has a priority on sports medicine..... NOW?????Seriously?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No real responses? All I know is that some of the contacts on the power side of R&D engineering are not there anymore. These were the 10-20+ year guys who could usually answer your troubleshooting or competitor's product questions for you. They were a gold mine of information about how to help keep your picky accounts happy. Now if I can find somebody to talk, they need to find someone else in the company to translate the jargon for them.

I was told that additional personell in the IS (computer geeks), engineering, quality, and secretarial support staff were let go. This was after the end of June firings that cut so many long timers and key marketing / engineering people.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we go again...This will be a fun set of holidays

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All part of ConMed's move to consolidation to Utica and moving jobs south of the border. So many good people were let go, while they kept dead wood, butt kissers in place.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consolidation to Utica......really, seriously. Were gonna move stuff up there were even the sales reps have a terrible reputation and try to compete in this very saturated market with our current stratedgy. I suggest all you other Conmed Linvatec employees start looking for other jobs. I get my ass beat all day in sports med and nobody has any capital money for video or power so do what most of us sales people are doing. Looking for jobs!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the good words since i was one of those whose job was eliminated in June. More than ten years.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. But why are we calling it another round of layoffs? We have never had a lay off at Linvatec ;J we just fire without cause because we can! We miss you payroll lady, our paycheck have been short ever since we lost you. Weird haw that never seems to happen the other way around, I've never been paid for hours not worked, just not paid for hours worked.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is VERY true. I am now working with some of these butt kissers. At least I get a few laughs every day

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Linvatec, excelling at mediocrity.... got my resume' out and so do most of the reps I know!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why do you think I call it Con-DEAD?!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20 person layoff today. There were some long time people let go.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The count today in Largo was 10 people. Some of who had been there for a few years and some were actually dead weight that should of been gone along time ago! But others were just plain sad.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, when all is said and done and there is no one else left standing... Does Rich fire Joe or does Joe fire Rich? Well wait, how do you fire a shadow? Quick some one google this Sh*T cause we need to do THAT!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep! Another round of layoffs! I forget how many this makes the total for the last year.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20 production workers and 13-14 professional staff. Of the professionals, I would say only 2 were deserving. A couple of them are hard to believe that they were chosen. The kind of coworker that you can count on when the chips are down.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, further proof that Linvatec is tanking. Their competitors have been hiring for the last year! If your not for sale, your dead in the water!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last layoff, the associate fluid product manager was let go, NEW job posting,
    wanted associate fluid product manager. They let a great one go. What's the deal

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is something "fishy" going on with California. Watch out all.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

California? Are you referring to the scope & camera operation in Goleta, near Santa Barbara or the sales operation?