Flector Patches

Discussion in 'Alpharma' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original Question Asker***

What type of side effects? I've taken all sorts of meds and other than having this crazy facial twitch, I think I'm fine.

Just kidding. But I'm interested in what type of side effects the gels get around.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the patch has a high incidence rate of Stephens-Johns Syndrome which can cause death. So my opinion would be to stay away from that one. As for the gel, this helps to bypass gastrointestinal issues, such as ulcerative perforations. Renal issues can be somewhat nasty with the orals as well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you mean Stephens Johnson Syndrome? All NSAIDS can be linked to that disease as well as many other classes of medications.

I have never seen a "high incidence rate" in the package insert as the previous POSER wants you to be fearful of.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One more thing - NOBODY has EVER died wearing a Flector Patch in clinical trials.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I banged this fat rep from an Alpharma booth at a pain convention and now I have a bad case of the Stephens Johnson rash! Whore.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

flector is not covered with medco - check the formulary - bogus post (covered with tier 2 copay)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bogus post - Flector non formulary at Medco (no way tier 2)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flector works.. was samples Voltaren gel for L5-S1 pain... to much mess and who has time for qid... I work in the south.. too messy..

Heard one of your reps detailing the patch .. caught my attention the doc gave me a sample.. I think it works! I have used it for 4 days.

Oh by the way.. I do understand NSAIDS.. launched Daypro,Arthrotec,Celebrex and "Bextra"... The rep was very vague about systemic effects... .

Bottom line docs know the effects on Cox1/Cox2/// bottom line does it decrease pain and I say Yes...

By the way I do not work for Pfizer anymore!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just picked up a Flector Patch script for my husband last week. His plan is medco and it was a $30 co-pay the same as all his other branded drugs.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yo. The patch falls off, the patch is tougher to apply to joints, the gel is hard to apply to the back, the gel smells, the gel stains, the patch is not indicated for OA, the patch only showed efficacy in 2 of 4 studies,

Waaaaaaaa. WTF is wrong with you people. They both fucking work. You have the only 2 products available in a market that will soon have 6-8 options. Do you really think you are making an impact by trashing each other? Detail your own products and let the patient decide which one works for their disease state. Everybody makes money that way. Patch sales have increased since gel is on market, and gel sales would be in the shitter if the patch hadn't already come out.

How about this...go out and market as if you had both products in your bag. Try being cordial and complimentary to the other rep and acknowledge the benefits of the other product, then stay on label with your own. Try it for a couple of weeks.

Kumbaya, mother-fuckers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My mom told me that patches cause impotence. So I am telling all my friends to use the gel to help rub their cocks if need be. And if you stroke it too hard, the diclofenac is already in the lubricant for the inflammation.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I prefer the inflamation. Every little bit counts

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wrong. It was covered at tier 2. It may depend on the state. Fully covered at $15 for 60 patches. Plus I found a $15 coupon online. Patch works great for me. Was using Mobic before which did absolutely nothing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an aunt who has M.S. and her legs pain her constantly , my doctor recently gave me the patch for my broken wrist , I was wondering if she could use it for her leg pain and also will it have any effect on her M.S. prescribed medication ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flector can be used for leg pain if inflammation is involved. As far drug interactions, you will have to check the PI of the MS drug she is taking to answer that. What truly would work great for her wrist would be Voltaren Gel though. I have found for my hands and elbows this works perfect because these are movable joints and I do not have to worry about the Flector patch sticking to my skin. I don't have to apply the gel 4 times a day either, as I am not dealing with arthritis, so 2-3 times a day works great.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would you dorks just save it for the docs. come on now - no one other than a rep goes on this website- THEY CALL THE DOC THAT WROTE THE RX FOR THEM IF THEY HAVE A QUESTION - are you all that stupid???? you aren't going to sell shit on frickin cafe pharma. please !!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is it approved for penile pain?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess you like bleeding from the ass, huh fuck stick? take a lot more of them pills you fucking idiot

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This made my day! Thank you guys, I just laughed so hard that my cosochondritis now definitely needs a flector patch.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing that keeps me sane in a life filled with constant pain is humor. Came here to read more about the Flector patch’s pro’s and con’s that was not available in the PI. I found this banter to be useful and gave me a giggle at the same time.

I'm a single parent with a 3 year old and need serious pain control. Tried Flector patch for last 24 hours and it decreased my pain med intake by one pill yesterday, which is a huge deal for me because my stomach is shredded by oral medication. Please keep up the bashing. It helped me decide gel would have been a waste of money for me, but not someone who needs to treat one or two joints.