Why no generic Symbicort?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2007 at 12:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

----------------No, Nexium suppositories are next.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or Nexium XL. Surely someone has looked at this tactic as they have with every other successful product that approaches patent expiry.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since they can't find anything new because they don't know what they're doing. (Isn't that what your DM tells you when you don't meet a target, no matter how unreasonable or insignificant the target is?

Pharma "R & D" is a complete joke. It's never discovered anything, except by accident.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to say that sicko who was replying to the OP with every foul word known to man is an example of the worst sort of human on the planet.

Seems the only reason the response was so rude is because of the potential answer to the question: a cheaper alternative to Symbicort leading to fewer sales.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is ASTOUNDING that this still goes on. Symbicort is an obvious combination of two long established products that have been used in combination for years. Europe's patent officials pulled their protection. But the suckers running the bankrupt country in the USA provide protection for this product, reimburse the foreign manufacturer through government programs, and pay for the court system to prosecute any manufacturer who dares make a generic.

They are all bought and paid for.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a competitor that is feeling pressure and is resorting to loser tactics. There's enough room for two of us. All we want in our fair share. Peace and love baby :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many products will be generic within 5 years. So my advice would be save your money, because the end is near. Big Pharma has no game plan, but to rebate customers and beat up the sales force. Make more useless paperwork!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, wrong. This was my post, and I don't work from a competitor.

So you can't just brush this aside. Care to make a point based on the substance of what I wrote? Oh, you can't, because there is no counterpoint to the truth.

Patient Health First!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your "fair" share is zero. Both components to Symbicort are long standing generic compounds. The product should not have patent protection here, just like it doesn't in AZ's home country.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The question is a legitimate question. The poster that responded with "f this or that" is an idiot. They really just rant and rave but don't seem to be able to answer the question. I'm guessing a frustrated drug rep. To that moron...well, they can go pound sand. Serious emotional issues with that one for sure.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One person hit on the right answer earlier, both molecules ARE available generically but the problem isn't getting the product into a container, the product is showing particle size, stability and efficacy and consistently and over time. A very difficult thing to do,, hence many of the problems AZ (Astra before that) had with turbuhaler. You can compound them but there is a lot of variability in stability, efficacy, etc. and no manufacturer can get a facility here in the US approved. Probably a lot more complicated than that but that is how it was explained to me by a pharm D from AZ.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, but if the person talking is in AZ management. we know from experience that it's likely a lie. The rime example of a similar lie that comes to mind is the lie from management about Pulmicort Respules. They said it was too difficult for any other manufacturer to make. Then lo and behold, a generic company, then another, try to launch. Immediately there's a patent infringement lawsuit. So soon, there will be a launch, but AZ will have a piece of the profits.

I thought Pulmicort Respules was too difficult to make? That's what the most senior product guy -- Zahir Lhada, I think, told everybody. It was a LIE. There's no generic available because of AZ's government protections. Same as Symbicort.

It is past time we the people take our markets back. We should benefit from capitalism in terms of lower prices and better products. As things are now in pharma, we the people get the same, repackaged products, at higher prices. It is an outrage. Only the pharma executives and the politicians they pay off benefit. And it's on our backs, as taxpayers.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what? I just reread the above post, my post, and I'm sending a letter to my Congressman on this issue. I rewrite what I posted here, better, and include a lot more, and my copy of Ms. Angel's book.

The media is also in big pharma's pocket, and why shouldn't they be? With all of those prime time ads, big pharma is likely one of Fox News' (the only decent media outlet with genuine journalists) best customers.

It's time for me to do more than bitch on CafePharma. We need to wake up and do the right thing for the country. No one is in a better position to understand the evil present in our industry than us, the insiders, and I'm going to do something to shine some disinfecting sunlight on some issues here. I'll be sure to include a copy of my letter to Billy Tauzin, a man with all of the steadfastness of character as Barney Frank. The only thing necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disgruntled former RPT rep? Me thinks so.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your point is?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone ban this useless plug's IP. I'd say this lowlife is bipolar, but even bipolar people are more rational than this loser.

17. Davey

Davey Guest

You're comparing apples to oranges. In a more relative comparison, Generic Cetirizine is just as effective as Reactine.

A company that has half a brain would obviously perfect the process of making a generic Symbicort before it hits market.

Me thinks some people here are /financially/ interested in the makers of Symbicort, hence why there's so many childish responses in here. AstraZeneca probably hires goons to scan the internet and reply to people questioning the patents.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The European patent authorities threw the patent out as "obvious."

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I JUST LOVE...MADAZ Libs...get it..so here we go

Your mother is a _symbicort canister____________ and a _biatch______________! She likes to _gyrate_________ with horses and other medium-sized quadripeds! Now, why don't you put a _sock__________ in your __bootay__________!!![/QUOTE]

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a Joe Public person who just Googled on whether or not there is a generic version of Symbicort, I don't really find your rudeness to be useful. People post questions because they are looking for an answer, not to be berated. You may know all the ins and outs of the pharmaceutical world, but there's lots of us out here who don't. I hope you can share the knowledge you have with us.

It's kind of like having a teacher make fun of you for asking what they consider to be a dumb question - the pupil stops asking questions. The goal, I would think, is to have as many informed people out there as possible.

Just my thoughts is all. :)