Who do you really miss that has left Merck?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2006 at 5:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roy Vagelos was part of the arrogance that has sent this company down the shitter. He basically told doctors they were stupid if they didn't prescribe proscar. Wasn't he also responsible for trying to sell that drug without a sales force assuming it would sell itself?? Guess what, it didn't work

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

P Roy's vision was doctors calling on doctors to discuss Merck products. Give the guy credit for being innovative and a risk taker. Not all of his ideas worked but that goes with the territory. Had Merck been able to put together a sales force of physicians, I believe the Vioxx mess could have been dealt with much more effectively and Merck would still be one of the premier pharmas on the cutting edge of medicine instead of the has been company we are today trying to dig out of a very deep hole. P Roy had his faults no doubt but the guy still deserves more credit than any who have succeeded him. Sales management along with the overall company went to hell with his departure.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ray Gilmartin - Just finished law degree and hoped to get a job at Merck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss al the fake tits in CA!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Karen Dela Torre
    Lisa Whittle

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is not opportunity for lawyers at Merck- they are chasing out the few that actually have brains and get what needs to be done and work with you to do within regualtory rules ie: Bob Trinkle, Frank Bigley and bring in idiots from the legal arm of Pharma to win favor and power in that organization

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

brad sheares

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ditto

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The Old Colonel" in Montana. He was an old-school rep who locked horns with management whenever the opportunity presented itself (e.g. a lot!). Only field rep I know of who stood up to Randy "The Terminator" Mertens and still kept his job. Retired as an Exec a few years ago . . . The Bastard!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really miss Jason Monk. He was my trainer in philly and helped me learn a lot. Were did he go?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Integrity, Integrity, Integrity - Left the building long ago....We all knew Vioxx had issues and we got left holding the bag....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Carmen Bilka

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alma Cristauro and Art Welton, best fleet managers ever!
    Jerry Keller of course, too.

14. RobU

RobU Guest

Stacey Gelman.... oh wait, she is still here..... DAMN her!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss that I left with what was close to $1M in options, that still would be worthless. I hope that what I'm building at another BIG PHARMA will continue to rise as we launch a number of drugs over the next few years.

I also miss the good friends I had at Merck - oh wait- they have left too.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALAINA LOVE
    I MISS YOU,
    MARC.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CHUCK BOHENSKY
    MATT EMMONS
    DICK MARKHAM
    ED FITZPATRICK
    DON BEEMAN
    SATAN
    RICHARD NIXON
    KEVIN LOKAY
    JOHN VANCE
    RON STEWART
    BARB SENICH
    NANCY WIC

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss, no, I'm jealous of all those who left and are now doing better on the outside. Makes me sick. Get me out of here!!!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dan Dacierno: The guy was a winner

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jim Hoffman MD
    John Vance
    Gary Kretz (Not!)
    Morris Fockler
    Matt Emmons
    Howard Somebody
    Bob Moore
    Ken Johnson
    Buck Adrian
    George Alexander
    B Vaughn
    C Moss
    Old Denver RM--what was his name (went to Hawaii I think)
    Old Rapid City DM
    John Horan
    John Huck
    Doug MacMaster
    John Lyons
    and of course, Jerry Keller