Cayenne Medical

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you can drill through peek. This is how this jerk off is trying to sell against the Aperfix. Try to find anything to speak negatively about it. Problem is, when confronted with actual facts and clinical experience he will look like an idiot. Lets see who would know more about how difficult the Aperfix is to revise, competitive rep or a Surgeon Champion who has done multiple revisions.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW this is interesting. I post some opions and everyone is ging off on tangents.

Fact: The cayenne does not always collapse the way it is suppose to. When it doesn't you have to drill it out and it makes a mess.

Fact: A button is stronger and cheaper.

Fact: You don't have to back up a button. But even with a screw for back up it is still cheaper.

Fact: I only was telling the guy what he needed to do to compete I could care less about your sales. If you continue be a dick I'll continue to tell them suggestions on how to pick the Cayenne apart.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct in saying that the wings don't always collapse. If they don't you do have to drill through peek. If you have seen any of the cases I don't know how you can say it is a mess. True -A button is stronger, not much. The Aperfix is more than strong enough to support any stress placed on it (if you have evidence of a failure due to mechanical failure please share). True- The button is cheaper, again not much. The difference is a small price to pay for better kinematics and the new technology. It is also a small price to pay to ensure you don't have the windshield wiper effect. I don't know about your area but in mine the Aperfix is definately cheaper that a button and screw. You may have been trying to help him compete but I am defending your misinformation. You are right about some things but the bottom line is that the Aperfix provides a better repair from a kinematic standpoint. It is easy to put in and revise. It ensures against windshielf wiper effect.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ill sell joints so it wasnt devastating, but a creepy cayenne rep took the little acl business I had overnight. When I say creepy, I mean the nurses checked meganslaw.gov for this guy! It must be some femoral fix!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your Tunnels are right you wont have any windshield wiper effect. So no back up screw needed. There is no advantage when it come to position because a tunnel is a tunnel. Whether a button is used or a aperifx I dont really care. The revisions havent been hardware related just bad luck for the patints and I seen three and only one didn't colapse. But the tunnel position was spot on so he drilled through and it used a button.

Sorry but a button is stronger, faster, easier to prep,(No tendon splitting involved) and only three parts to fail.(button, Loop, or graft)

Also Im still concerned about lack of graft in the tunnel. If you have 100mm graft I would put at least 30mm in the femoral tunnel. The more you havew in the tunnel the better chances you have for that graft to take. (I might be talking out my Ass) Yours is lucky to get 15mm. But is there a reason you have to stop at 15mm or can put 30mm in there anyways?

I really don't think I have given any miss information.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess if your surgeon is spot on everytime then he doesn't need to worry about windshield wiper effect. I know surgeons who are published who have written on the issue of this. In regards to failure Cayenne hasn't seen mechanical failures to date. All the failures have been graft. In regards to graft in tunnel. Alot of studies show that the majority of the graft incorporation takes place at apature. So It makes sense to have a device that allows for compressing the graft against the bone at that point. Also keeping the device closer to apature allows for orientation of the bundles. I guess in theory you could place the device further in the tunnel but there is not need for this and it would actually have more negative than positive. There is more than 1 way to do things in ACL repair. Some surgeons will always use buttons. They have good results and dont see a reason to change. Some surgeons will be open to new technology and move forward with it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

first of all, if any of you think that it is acceptable to get only 10 to 15 mm of graft interface you might want to have yourself arrested for being a complete dumb ass. Its also not acceptable to for a surgeon to have to put his tunnel more vertical, only for the mere reason of trying to allow more graft interface. all the studies now are saying "further down on the lateral wall", to control rotational stability and to avoid PCL impingement. When that tunnel is placed at the 10 o'clock position, your femoral tunnel measures, on the average 35 mm. The cayenne system only comes in one size. 29mm! last time I checked, 6mm is really not a lot of graft in the tunnel. If you think that is acceptable, then why don't you guys start attaching your graft with peek suture anchors? and as far as the tibial fixation goes, that implant is only a really bad version of the intrafix, which happens to be a all cancellous fixation. The bartz study (AJSM) showed the intrafix to be weaker than the Central loc (Biomet), and even weaker than a basic Bio screw. You guys need to read a little! come back when you are better educated! and whoever said that to much graft is bad in the tunnel, you should just stop now!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard in Georgia that Cayenne made a big swing at Atrhex's business, but it is slipping now. Did Cayenne change reps? Is the new Arthrex distributor just better than the last?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cayenne is a joke. If you go AM portal you may get 10mm of graft in the femur if you are lucky. It will be a challenge revising these but we are up to the task.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just want to know what Cayenne has available for when the surgeon blows out the back wall? Just a though....(hope the hospital has a retrobutton or endobutton or xtendobutton sitting on the shelf) hmmmm

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in a revision where it appeared the device failed. It had loosened and slipped down into the joint. The graft didn't have any tension. Getting the thing out wasn't pretty. Doc wasn't the original surgeon, so nothing was reported to the company. I'm sure Cayenne hasn't seen any "reported" failures. But when was the last time you or your surgeon filled out an FDA complaint form and sent it to a manufacturer of a failed device?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cayenne Medical will doe well.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cayenne is already dieing quickly. Too much money was initially raised, which spells their eventual doom. Google it to see how much was already over- invested in this pig. They are currently surviving on a bridge loan, which means that their lead VC's are about to shit their pants.They continue to switch distributors nationally and are run by a very shady Jim Hart who would sell his "hart" to the devil. I won't lose any of my business to them, because their distributor was just fired here in Texas. They are going to end up exactly like Scandius, an asset sale with the doors locked.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How comical is the genius who posted #33? If business is so good do you really seek out this forum to bash Cayenne? I'm sorry, there is no credibility with that transparent loser.

The fact is Cayenne has better products and all the competitors know it. I hear Cayenne had 1100 surgeon users in the US in 2009. They are doubling their sales force in 2010. For all the negative "spin" posters you need to know only one thing....Fear the Pepper, it's going to get too HOT for you to handle!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr Genius...you can drill through PEEK, ask a spine rep. And you don't drill through it you core over it. I don't blame you, I've seen the stuff Arthrex puts out in their newsletters and its laughable. Good luck once your surgeon tries this....good luck.

typical bad info...yawn

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...so much to address, like working with my little 4 year old.

1. To start Freddy Fu has a paper showing 15mm is exactly the same as 25mm in the tunnel. There are other papers as well. The whole idea is what happens at aperture.

2. Your 29-35 and 6 little illustration is off. With a 29mm implant in a 29mm tunnel (hello) you still have 15mm of graft in the tunnel.

3. We've been coming down the lateral wall for years. Makin that statement on quotes seems like you were at training last week and are pretty excited to let people in on some secrets of the latest trends...so was I when I was still wet behind the ears.

4. Bottom line is surgeons are flipping. Typical bad info from reps who want to save their business, I get it. Problem is once guys try it (like a 25yr Arthrex guy with over 3000 acl's who Reinhold called on his cell to ask him why he was using Cayenne. Cause my knees have NEVER been this solid...never. He loveeeeees it)

So you can rip it all you want, but if you took a second to understand the product (if you're good u should be able to sell the competition) you would realize that while nothing is perfect...there is nothing else out there that can do what Cayenne does by locking the graft in at aperture, eliminating steps, spreading out the graft to make the footprint broader like in the native acl, and producing the tightest knees a doc has had. For strength...just see Brian Able's study and results. Very very respected, non owned, non biased Westpoint guy. Cayenne was stronger on the femur and around 1150+n on the tibial side. Again, you would have to actually WANT to understand it.

Enjoy the Simpsons and your Cheetos tonight...have to go take some more business tomorrow.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, so there were 1100 surgeons who tried it? How many of those for more than one case? How many of those had the femoral graft slip down into the joint, or blow out the back wall. They have had round a, round b, round c, and are now on a bridge loan which didn't even make it over to the d or Death round. Keep drinking your koolaid, and go choke on a pepper.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had Cayenne's AperFix 29mm femoral and tibial implant placed in my knee after I tore my ACL.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my surgery. Prior to my surgery I could squat 315 lb. and leg press 650 lb. Tonight I had a leg workout where I squatted 400 lb. and leg pressed 800 lb. In addition, my 40 yard dash time has decreased (with only weight training). My surgically repaired knee feels better and is stronger than my other "normal" knee.

I am so happy I made the decision to use AperFix, I am positive I would not have had the same recovery and results with another product. I don't understand how anyone could not like this product; the bottom line is that it works (and works well!).

I wholeheartedly would recommend AperFix to anyone who has had an ACL tear!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The surgeon that gives the testimonial on their website is an investor and doesn't use it anymore. Now THAT is a testimonial.
    My coring reamer business has tripled since a couple docs in my area started using it. Cayenne is really growing the revision market.