Quest IT Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is pretty harsh. I've been with Quest several years and had contact with some pretty hard working dedicated people. Sorry to see them losing their jobs.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol. Troll. Probably works for LabCorp.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember when new IT "leadership" came in from Red Cross. They were going to show us how to "build systems" and how "time to market" was going to drive this.

They were going to replace ISIS fast and standardize all the labs in a short time among other things. Still waiting for this 12 years later.

The point is they came without studing or understanding and tried to change things in too "big" a way, too fast.

Sound familiar?

PS - Make no mistake the approach to replace and standardize the labs inculding ISIS cost the company millions upon millions but does not come close to the scope of what these new guys are rushing into.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ken is Dean of a Business School in Boston where he walks around all day with that Mr. Earnest mask on his face spewing his simplistic leadership babble. The man just doesn't strike me as being very knowledgeable, but he does put on a good act........for a kindergarten class, that is. He rode a big wave, but didn't make the wave.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It appears as if the senior management team has found out about the little blog and we may of hurt someones feelings. Otherwise, we have a minimum wage obama phone carrying, mad at the world, 3rd grade illiterate toothless hillbilly who is angry that SOME people have worked hard in their careers and have EARNED a few benefits. We will earn more in 6mos on unemployment than you will in the next 3 yrs.

My advice to you is...make sure you get stall number 3 this morning. I left you a steaming present.

Oh...your trailer is on fire, too.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like you said "Some"...that some is all the outsourcer needs 20% make a difference
    80% just take up real estate and attend conference calls

No I do not work for Lab Corp. I was a long time Quest Employee and decided to make a move early before the scramble begins

Wake up call for all

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The FAILURE to replace and standardize the labs is what has cost the company millions... hundreds of millions in value. They didnt move too fast - they weren't allowed to move at all. MHG had he hands tied by Surya and Dick Mahoney.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it really necessary to insult the hillbillies by grouping them in with the SLT?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it's Thursday and there's no announcement. I guess my job is safe.... time to reset more passwords and hang out at the golf course!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember thinking at the time that I thought that the Red Cross showed up AFTER a disaster, not to create the disaster.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More people drinking the Kool-Aid.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No news?? What happened to the announcement this Thursday?? I don't think this will happened until the end of the year. Quest does their firing and layoffs around Nov. during the holidays.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. But given how the application development teams outsourcing contract was handled and assuming the infrastructure contract is handled similarly then in order to have the layoffs finalized (and bodies out the door and off the books) by Nov (as you suggest) then we would have an announcement 90 days prior. Call it mid-Nov (to pick something) and that means we would have an 90-day announcement by mid-August. So it is still quite likely we are going to find out soon how many IT people from infrastructure are going to be outsourced.
    If these people are not off the books from Quest Diagnostics by the end of the year then the outsourcing efforts will not have the impact the SLT is looking for.
    Happy Holidays.......

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Supposedly next week. They had "signature issues" with Wipro and it delayed the Town Hall meeting by a few days.

Pretty transparent huh? ;)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard BL is the one dropping the axe on everyone in IT. He is TW's chosen boy.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless he gets another promotion that would not make sense. Right now he has nothing to do with IT Infrastructure. Good chance we will find out this upcoming week but I doubt this one.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT Infrastructure mass layoff announcement this week perhaps?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JH trying to break the severance packages .
    Certain states do not require it. Some will just be walked to the door one morning
    You really think that they are thinking of your future. No loyality to anyone but themselves.
    I wish everyone the best...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pardon my ignorance..but who's BL?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would they be able to do that without changing the policies in the employee handbook first? Anything is possible but it doesn't seem as likely. The policies are updated every year and for next year it certainly would be prudent for anybody still working here to review what has changed. (Especially the section on termination.) I still think that any layoffs that are initiated this year would be using the policies as already written.