Evolution Knee

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I realize that asking for serious answers on this board is like asking a whore not to steal from me while I use the bathroom, however, is anyone having success with the Evolution knee? And by success, I mean a joint surgeon that is fellowship trained who is doing several hundred a year. I'm not talking about your buddy who does 8 a month and is your "busiest" guy. Oh and if they are on the company payroll....that doesn't count either.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wright medical doesn't have any of those with any of their products in ortho recon. If you eliminate the paid surgeons then you are left with a surgeons who are buddies with the washed up rep now working for wright.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Successful Ortho Recon reps with Wright typically get a little bit of business from a lot of doctors. Single practice surgeons who have smaller volumes are also typical targets of this company. Unless your surgeon is a consultant, you are typically not going to see large volume doctors using these products. I'm not sure why this is because the recon products at Wright have been revolutionary. Modular necks, PATH, Medial pivot have all benefited patients and caused the larger companies to launch their own version.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can have products that seem to be innovative but it doesn't ensure success. Wright doesn't have solid revision platforms to be able to cover all of the busier surgeons business. They also don't have more tradition implants to go with their line. They also have a lot of rep turnover, a lack of a good training program, and a good asr program to help develop reps. This means surgeons all over the country have had experienced the Wright rep not knowing what they should to give the surgeon confidence.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

im a DME rep that was shocked to find out my top ortho was using wright knee's when talking to a patient today who claimed she has a wright knee. he has a good sized private practice churning out total knees.

i thought the big dogs had a firm grasp on this market. zimmer seems to be heavily represented

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evolution knee is a good knee with a good story. The problem is that wright can't support the system. There is no revision options( the advance revision is a piece of crap). There are no cross linked options. The instruments were only half finished when they launched the knee. There is no uni options, etc. this means a wright surgeon will have to use competitors for these wholes in Wright's bag. Now ask yourself if wright's knee is really that much better than the competitors to keep a busy surgeon from just using a competitor for everything. The answer is no. So you pay busy guys, are best buds with the busy guys, or target surgeon who don't do revisions,unis, bad valgus knees, etc. I left a few years ago and went to one of the big boys. I have converted a lot of business with guys who wouldn't give me a shot because they don't trust the name Wright. When I came over to the large company almost instantly I started having conversations with those same docs that I could never have before. For any reps interested in becoming a Ortho recon rep, go to one of the big boys and get the proper training and support. For anyone at one of the big companies thinking about coming to Wright bc of the elevated comissions for comp reps, prepare for you and your surgeons to be under whelmed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ah, Juan Verde.....wondering when you'd chime in on Evo.