NOVARTIS PENSIONERS TREATED BADLY

Discussion in 'Canadian Reps' started by 25% behind, May 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This does not surprise anyone. This would not happen had Novartis never happen via the merger that terminated two most wonderful Cos. You would be treated as well as any employee and your pension would be secured. Novartis changed everything. The new company (their name Novartis means New way of doing things in Greek, I belive) decided to do evdrything the "new way". That included use of illegal, criminal, unethical, immoral etc etc practices to achieve their brutally high and unreasonable goals to loot Canadian public health care system. You can learn more about this by reading Novartis related threads here and on American side of cafe pharma.
    No amount stolen or defrauded is small for them. The pensioners and their brutal treatment are good example. If you read this thread so far, you have your onswers what and how they do it. This Co is so bad in terms of morality and human decency that nothing criminal, immoral, unethical or simply dirty is off limit when it comes to their work.
    In my conservative estimate this Co, since merger has defrauded our financially strapped health care system, by at least $999 million. Practically a billion dollars looted from taxpayers and sick people. That means for evry "honest" dollar they make they also make another looted dollar. No wonder they pay the employees quite well as result. Naturally when you loot that kind of money, you must pay your soldiers relatively well if you want to be sure they'll continue doing what you order them to and keeping their fucking mouths shut.
    Poor bastards do not realize that what crime they do for this Co, they are entitled to far more, like at least ten times more in compensation.
    That will not happen, as it will not happen that poor pensioners get few chicken bones thrown at them. The bulk of loot goes to crime-inventors and designers and of course to secret bank accounts and coffers located in Basel.
    Yes this is a short story of "the best place to work" and steal. We who oppose this kind of Organized Corporate Crime will continue to work on that False Claim Act for Canada and when we do have it, this will be the very first Co we'll expose. Evidence galore!
    Remember there is no statute of limitation for crime. So any of you still working for this criminal enterprise/biz collect the evidence and keep it for that day all hell will open.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This commentator is 1110% right. No amount of $$ is too small for them to take in. So now you saw it when that little Dorval floozy told you your last chicken bone will be taken away not another thrown at you. Yes I am talking abut your beloved and most appreciated $50 for Christmas they sent regularly. "It did not align with best practices", you were told. Meaning:
    1. They are punishing you some more so you'd never ask for "please Sir I want some more" and would remain "happy" with what you got.
    2.They want to show to auditors they are "honest" and it is easy with chicken shit like this. At the same time they are covering up millions in looted money they make on their illegal schemes, like Diovantage and Destinations were and now with some new ones we don't know about yet.
    3.Or it is simply the utter greed that overtook someone along the management food chain who wanted to show some other one they mean biz when it comes to looking after the interests of this, frankly criminal entity.
    Of course Dr. Dan Wheasella will be very pleased for he may gain a Swiss frank or so on his usually enormous sallary and bonus. You did know his base sallary was over 30.000.000.00 Swiss Frank. That is more in $$ either Ca or USA. Bonus is top secret and with one of them he purchased a helicopter for personal use. The kind not even well financed Swiss Police have, so on occasion they borrow his for their needs whan after some criminals. Not to worry the Don of Novamafia will never be in trouble.
    "Enjoy" your retirement. Weasella will his for sure.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This just in: Swiss citizens will vote in referandum to curtail and control executive compensation of their companies by giving share holder right to decide what is paid to them for that little real work they do. The greed of their executives, specifically and especially at Novartis has triggered this outrage. If you did not know Vasella is no longer CEO and Chair, but his seccessor, some Mexican American is reportedly making (better said taking, stealing, enforcing, extracting) as mush as it would take 266 years for lowest paid Novartian to make the same money, the honest non-greedy way. "Poor" Vasella who is now "only" Chair is making ONLY 220 times as the same poor bastard slaving for Novartis. Can you F*&&%$ believe this. Of course you can for it is some of your pension $$ that pay for this on top of stolen, looted and otherwise ill-equired money this Co "makes" that contributes to this outrageous greed.
    By the way when Vasella generously relinguished his CEO majesty position, he was given a measly $12.000.000.00 plus Swiss Fr. to see him through his retirement. This on top of his inflation adjusted pension, in millions per year.
    "Happy" new year. Don (as in Don Carlione) Weasella will have one, two, three.....maybe even 40 more. He would not want to die early with such appropriate pension for a crook of his caliber.
    Let's watch what good citizens of Swissland will decide. If they do the right thing, watch a literal revolution around the world against the executives of all kindas. The realm people who slave for little non-livable wages and pensions have had enough. All we need a spark, leader and BINGO it's over for the new aristocracy, as someone called them on American Novartis cafepharma. Read it, learn and be rady when the time comes. It will soon.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any of you mistreated, abused, ignored and otherwise F**&&ed pensioners tried to figure out how many years you still have to live to equal Vasella's 1) usual loot he takes on yearly basis for doing fuck all (can a mental patient do such job. Yes he can for it takes no brain to do it. All you need to merry right as he did) 2) his multimillion pension that is waiting for him nicely hidden in a safe Swiss bank account?
    Yes I agree. You could not possibly live close to or well over thousand years for some. But he, with that superb health care in Swissland and that clear unpolluted air, just may. Besides those with high incomes do better in everything. Now you know why you don't get your inflation thing for he would be deprived of at least 100 SF per year for the rest of his lavish life. He can't have that, can he?
    So keep hoping to get that appointment with his Dorval representative CEO. It can actually do you some good for the longer they BS you and the longer you wait and believe you will get it in the end, you may in fact live longer. If you want it that is.
    In the end it all works out for someone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems so called doctor vasella is finally out. He was in fact fired and did not manage to take another multimillion loot. The good people of Swiss stopped him and now it is the law that shareholders can say what kind loot they can take. "They" meaning CEOs and other thiefs like vasella was.
    Perhaps now tat he is out and company is saving millions, they migh find it proper to throw few chicken bones your way. At least stand up and ASK, DEMAND if necessary. They owe it to you, it is that simple.
    If we would only have the same democracy as Swiss people. They do almost every major thing by referendum which is the ONLY true democratic tool. What do we have? Harper et al, the bunch of fascist that took over this country with hardly 40% of support and behave as hitlerites, without concentration camps. At least for now. It may change soon, once he gets another "majority".
    Shame on us as people who let thigs like this happen. That is why you don't get anything from Novartis either, for you have no guts to stand up for yourselves just as the general population of this sad country has not.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The saga of Novartis pensioners vs the company re econmic adjustment of their pensions, continue.
    You guessed it, the appointment with the new (fifth) CEO was canceled days if not hours before it took place. Of course it never was intended to take plce, the new CEO by the name D. Riad Sherif B, continued the unsavory tradition to BS the poor pensioners just as the previous did. Interestingly this one is also "doctor" as Vasella was, but we don't know if he too sufferes from some kind of mental issue that makes him even more devious than just plain nasty CEO the usually appoint now days.
    Will these good, honest, decent etc people break the cycle of shame/abuse and stand up for themselves. Collectivelly they have a vast knowledge and evidence of this co's nasty and generally illegal/criminal behaviour over decades, but especially since the merger. Will they use this incriminating knowledge/evidence to expose this co once and for all as an nasty entity that has skimmed/looted our health care system to the tune of several hundreds of millions of dollars.
    As a group, perhaps they will not for they stay loyal to the co they loved (it does not exist eny longer) and put on the map in this country. But an individual or so may emerge as whistleblower if not sooner but whe they may be at the end of the line for whatever reason. They will have nothing to lose but shame and abuse they experiences since retirement.
    If one were the CEO of this co they would be wise to meet these good people and offer the best they can to make them happy again and forget that what they know is criminal, immoral, unethical etc this co has done for such long time and likely continues to do, with new and improved crooked ways.
    We on the other hand will do everything we can to eventually bring all such companies to justice one way or another. Next govt will be forced to react once they see the overwelming evidence.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have evidence and am pissed off with this fucking, cheap comany. It's on diovan from very begining, promotion off label, bribery, diovantage and destination fake trials. Does any one know if there is statute of limitation on crimes like this? I think I'll just walk into RCMP offices and do it before is too late. For me not them. What a bunch of lowlives.
    Retired & suffering.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6700 hits so far. Perhaps good few hundreds read this thread. Does anyone ELSE have an opinion on what is going on and what will happen re Novartis retirees future? Let's here it. You can not possibly be so docile or not care.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are absolutely docile and do not give a shit, be you retired or not from this evil comany that managed to BS the world that it is as pristine as Swiss alps water and air. Maybe this is the very reason the Canadian pensioners are treated badly as they are. You say nothing for yourselves except with that pathetic activity via the group lead by, what's her name Michelle we believe. But then as general population, Canadians are as pathetic as Novartis' pensioners and employees. Look what current govt is doing to you. No self respected nation would tolerate even 10% of abuse that you do. That tells you how pathetic, apolitical and boring you are. The only thing you got going for you (for now) that this is a truly rich country and even though you have such unjust and abusive socio-economic system, you still get enough chicken bones thrown at you by the ruling power elite, that you can still live in half decent comfort.
    What will happen soon when the inequality is brought to the level of 1% having 99% of wealth and you , well "the rest"? How the fuck will you live then? How are your children going to live then? Are you then still not going to stand up for yourselves?
    Think about that, if you still have any thinking cells left in your shrinkng brain.
    Ps: we who travel, especially across Europe are shocked how advanced those people are in ways you are not. Culturally and politically you are at least 2-3 centuries behind. With harperism in place, you are going even more backward. Yes, vote for him again to your and yours demise.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question to wise guys in Dorval: we see here someone reported that you managed to loot/take in at least 1/2 billion of dollars in "extra" sales and profits using illegal means/schemes. Like fake PMST (Diovantage 1-5, Destination), Diovan investment fund bribery scheme, briberies of speakers and other doctors, offlabel promotion of all of your drugs, etc etc. the list never ends.
    That means you have accumulated such an enormous loot that you could easily finance a little old increase in your poor pensioners', pensions. How about it, during this festive season. On top you don't have to pay that famous "Christmas bonus" you so ruthlessly stopped last year.
    How lucky you are. So far none of these victimized pensioners, who put this Co on the map of bigpharma, who obeyed your orders regardless whether they were legal or illegal, came forward and reveiled the evidence they have to the authorities of this country. They could do that any time, or at least some can. It would take only one decent old Sandoz or Ciba/Geigy employee, with proper evidence to show up at RCMP and start the process of taking you down for your misconduct that has cost the good people of this country 100s of millions, from your crimes and billions from all bigpharma that does this in concert.
    And this will happen. Not "would happen" but will happen. No way all of them will take this irrefutable evidence (no statute of limitation) to their graves. One will do it for sure. We know for sure.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if the pensioners managed to get an increase they have fought for for over decade or so? Would appreciate an answer. Thanks.

12. From Basel

From Basel Guest

R U foucking kidding? It simply ain't going to happen to this or any generation of retirees. In fact you are the last one, for the current serfs exploited by this cos will never see any pension by the time they will be freed.
    Funny thing though, as one of "the best places to work" in the world, this company behaves as a most evil place to work for and draw the pansion from. Just read the threads on this Co's USA cafepharma board. Shocking discrepancy between the propaganda bought by and distributed by this Co and the reality of actual employees commenting on the nature of it.
    Of course not the Canadian employees who seem to be afraid of even their shadows, let alone their tormentors, but the Americans who have no problem telling the truth. Just switch to USA CF and "enjoy" the truth for a change. Even you, assigned to monitor this board, from the opulent Dorval HQs, can learn something if you dared to visit that site.
    Yes, dear elders do not hope for an additional chicken bone, for every piece of the loot this Co manages to extract from every health care system in the world, goes to them; the management and shareholders.
    Someone suggested that they use some of that loot made with fake, illegal, criminal schemes like Diovantage, Destination and others, to make the old folks lives somewhat better, but that too ain't going to happen. Again, remembere EVERY AND ANY LOOT BELONGS TO THEM. Yes you were also a part of the scheme, you contributed knowingly or not to their crimes, but now you just STFU, as far as they are concerned and don't dare take the evidence to the authorities. OMERTA for ever.
    "Happy" new year to you!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I had to sum up so called career at Novartis in one word, That word would be (regret), Novartis has a philosophy problem, a management problem and a greed problem. I started working for one of the parent companies of Novartis in the late 80's being recruited right out of college with opportunity to work for what was a great company. The philosophy of the company with which I began my career was simple, work hard, pay your dues, learn needed skill sets and opportunity/advancement would be there, long term employee's were viewed as assets & respected at every level. I was already 10 years into my career when Novartis was born. The new company was different from day one, however, it was a mixture of two very different corporate cultures and I tried to view it as an opportunity, Novartis in its infancy (1st 5 years) wasn't terrible but that's because the managers were still busy jockeying for positions of power. This power base was solidified as far I can tell around 2003 around my 15th year of service. The coupling a unified management staff with Novartis going public on the NYSE and the stock option opportunities being offered to managers of all levels was the true catalyst for disaster for the working individuals. In 2008 Novartis froze the pensions of those under 45 years of age regardless of years of service to the company, one year later goodbye to retirement medical, I had spent almost 20 years working for the company when it pulled the rug out from beneath my feet. A simple policy change for the company, a bonus for the managers that crafted this policy and I pay the bill. I'll never be able to save enough to make up the difference secure my future. Sure I complained and that's when the new Novartis philosophy was fully revealed to me, that being employment is "at will" and you can leave anytime you want, your lucky you have a job in today's market and if your a long term employee your a liability by default. Today raises are non existent for the common worker, the execu-class are thriving though, the culture of greed is prolific, the redistribution of wealth, significant, the indifference as visible as the reserved parking spaces sitting empty but there, "just in case" they decide not to work from home or in the event that they have to appear for some back patting pow wow for one of the club. That about sums up what it is like to have spent a lifetime working for Novartis, to old to start over and give up some of the benefits I still have, but to young to call it quits yet. So My advise to the younger generation is simple, if you come work for the company and are not management material, treat it for what It is. A job. Take what you can when you can and always search for the next opportunity, forget about loyalty or dedication, be as selfish as those who run the show because in the end they will not appreciate you anyway.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know you are not getting anywhere with these corporate bastards. Do you know why?
    Read on: (From EMPIRE OF ILLUSION , by Chris Hedges Pulitzer Prize winner)
    Corporation;
    The corporation is designed to make money without regard to human life, the social good, or the impact on environmant. Corp bylaws impose a legal duty on corp execs to make the largest profit possible. If you find an excecutive who wants to take on social responsibility, FIRE HIM FAST.
    Corporation that attempts to engage in social responsiblity, that tries to pay workers a decent wage with benefits, that protects workers' rights, that invests in profits to limit pollution, that gives consumers better deal, can actually be sued by shareholders.
    The corporation is an an externalized machine, in the same way the shark is a killinjg machine. ...........................
    Psychologist R. Hare recites in the film (The Corporation: The pathological persuit of profit and power) a check list of psychopathic traits of clinically ill psychopaths and ties them to
    the behavior of corporations;
    * Callous unconcern for the feeling for others
    * Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships
    * Reckless disregard for safety others
    * Incapacity to experience guilt
    * Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviour
    * Deceitfulness: repeated lying and conning of others for profit
    If you look at this, and think what your co has done to you, to our health care system to the environment and so on, you'll realize why they have no intention to do anything for you, even though you put them on the map, know so many of their criminal secrets etc etc. They simply are such a corporate psychopaths that nothing would influence them to behave as human beings. This is also supported and enabled by the type of govt you elected and have. They too have all the traits of political psychopaths thus they are never on your side, eventhough you voted for them. All they need is your vote and nothing else.
    If you want to learn more, read this book and some other by this author. It'll open your maind and eyes.
    Also as you read contributions to both Canadian and USA boards on this CO, you'll understand why they do what they do. It is scary shit to anyone "normal".

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

April 24, 2014: today they have another of those meetings, where they will likely rehash the same sh^&&%t, as they have done it for the last 10 years. Bet you any money, the current A-hole of CEO has cancelled the appointmet they had (actually never had it over 10 years for it was all lies by this nasty Co and its management) just few days or a week before it was supposed to take pace, as they usually do.
    That is what they will talk about on top of usual review of the plundering of world's health care systems by this co, using some legal but mostly illegal practices. Of course when they commbine these two approaches, that is when they really plunder and make all that loot.
    In spite of this, they will never adjust your pensions, unless you start playing hard ball with them.
    Many of you participated in their criminal schemes, have the evidence but no guts or morals to blow the whistle to authority. Yes you don't have such good laws as in US, for instance, to get them on your own. But you still have laws that, if you are pro-active you can use to have them prosecuted and punished. But you must go the right way, corner the authority into action (they will not do it on their own, for this govt's minister of justice was offered evidence but simply did not take it, by ignoring the whole thing) by involving media, activists' organizations, community and anyone else who will listen. Then present your evidence to RCMP. They will have no choice but to act.
    We know abut 2 possibly 3 who will not take their evidence to their graves. They will come forward when the time is right. We simpy can not let them get away with crimes already committed and and continue to do so.
    So write them a strong letter, sign it all and demand not beg for what is rightfully yours. What you help them steal from the people of this country is so enormous, that all should have been paid over 1M per year since at least 20 years aga.
    You owe them nothing. They owe you eveything.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone who attended this meeting and reading this, confirm or deny, what is written here by someone is true. If one reads the whole thread and believes even 5% is true, this company is an evil entity, that treats you like this. I have followed the USA thread on this Co and what is written there is just horrible, even if 5% is true.
    What happened to those once wonderful 2 companies? Did the merger of two angels created one evil devil? It seems to be true. So let's hear from someone, even one who is on their side.

17. As sommeone predected, no meeting with the "power" took place last year or recently either. And worse yet, no meeting is scheduled. What they have done ("they", the wiseguys in Dorval under the orders from wiserguys and the don himself from Basel) is kept "delaying" the meeting for the last 2-3 years. Yet the reps of these poor bastards, the pensioneirs contine with their efforts to make that meeting with the top wiseguy, they call CEO, in Dorval. You know his name but he is there only for a term of a year. So he does not give a shit just as per orders from Basel lair. What is needed a strong and decisive action of some kind. Let them know by massive writing by the members what you demand, expect and more over what you have on file on them re their criminal,immoral and unethical past and what you as a group intend to do with it. Be it to go to the media (first) then to the authority. Someone must be and will be interested is such dark story about "one of the best places to work" and all that other BS they put out there via their PR, while at the same time they continue with looting of this country's and every other country's health care systems.
    The evidence in these files spread around Europe' banks, is available to you the moment you put something together. This be done in the name and interest of the group. Baring this sooner or later this will be done for sure, in the interest of this country and every person that has been victimized by them via their illegal, immoral and unethical shemes.
    Act before is too late for majority, you ain't getting any younger or healthier.

18. I too have the evidence. Will not fail to use it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me 2 & wl nt b slnt 4 evr.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it look that more of you have evidence and knowledge of this co's criminal past and present. If so, consider this scenario: You know of someone who did some serious crime( merder, fraud, theft, burglary.....you name it) BUT you do nothing about it. In fact you have no guilt feeling about not reporting the crime and are completely used to it and justify your code of silence, they call OMERTA in Basel and Palermo.
    If you participated and were part of the crime, one can even understand it, for you too could be in trouble should it come to the attention of the police. So you are, plainly speaking a plain criminal, period. But if you had nothing to do with the crime, but know about it (even have evidence) what is holding you back? You are no criminal, you go to church and have family, yet you protect the guilty.
    Now in case of this Co's activity, you carried out the orders that contained at least some part of illegality, but in many cases did not know it. Even if you did, it was not your fault they ordered you to bribe, lie, make false claims, do illegal/fake trials etc. you needed the job and that's it. But now that you are being abused by them as a pensioner, why are you still protecting them? Even if you went to RCMP or other authority, you would never be charged with anything. This is not a war where you are responsible for your actions even though "they" gave you the orders to do wrong. In business it is those who gave the orders that are responsible and eventually guilty of that crime. You did not even get a decent part of the loot, if any. It is the "wiseguys" in Basel and Dorval and everywhere else where they do their crime, that got the lion share of the loot. So you are not at fault at all.
    Think about it. Can you go to your grave with the evidence and knowledge, knowing that you were cheated big time, exploited and taken advantage of, while "they" took all the loot plundered from your own people and family.
    If this is what is meant by "free market capitalism" then let's all STFU and let them enjoy the loot of their crime. But if not, then you are protecting the criminals who are laughing behind your and everyone's backs, while drinking champaign in their board rooms everytime they score one of those schemes they developed to the extent of art form. And you helped them do it and still protecting them. They count on that.