Sonicare Sales Representative at Philips Medical

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2007 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are their any Sonicare sales reps out there? Can anyone give me some feedback about this position and how Sonicare's products are perceived by dentists. I am interviewing with this company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Familiar with this company. Good overall job, especially if you are looking to break into dental or device sales. Not too much real sales here. Mature product, no huge growth curves. A lot of smoozing and give aways. Good for a year or two, especially if you are using it to get into medical or dental sales. Long term, you will be bored out of your mind.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you so much, any idea on the bonus structure? Do dentists buy products pretty regularly? Couldn't they just get something similar from their dealer rep?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This guy is full of it, I worked As a Sonicare rep and there are no "give aways". It is just like any other sales job, you are judged by a revenue # and new business gained. Typicall 12 % increase over prior year. It is a well established product and the Drs love it, but getting them to sell it is a little different, they do not make much $$$. you have to sell them on patient benefit and compliance.

That being said, it is a mid level sales job great break through position. Philips is a great Co. I enjoyed every minute I worked there, great people.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sonicare is only sold direct

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$1600 bonus (max) per quarter. I would hardly consider sonicare sales.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the perks? What kind of car options are there?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chrysler 300 series

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The person posting messages about the $1600 bonus has old information. Here is the deal: I work for Sonicare, my base salary is 55K. Every quarter, I make $4000 in bonus if I hit my goal (100% or better). At the end of the year, I can make an additional 22K in bonus if I have overachieved in every bucket, which is actually possible. So bottom line is, it is possible and likely that one could make 90K plus in this job if they actually go to work and do their lunches. I think they said that about 25% of reps maxed out their bonus, meaning their overall year end number was 120% to plan or better. We just got our numbers and I will recieve a 20K bonus for 2007 (so it is possible). The car choices are Chrysler 300, Jeep Liberty, and Dodge Magnum ( I think the Magnum is the 3rd choice, but not positive). This is a good job, my manager is GREAT, and does not micromanage. They do expect results, if you are below 100%, you will be put on a performance plan. Sonicare is really well recieved in offices, and its not a hard product to sell. The hardest part is getting access to the RDH or DMD, but once you can set a Lunch with them, its pretty easy to sell. Hope that answers all your questions. It really is a fun job. Every job has its downfalls, and so does this one, but the only one that really irritated me last year, they actually changed for this year (one of our goals) so I am happy. Most of the Regional Managers are great and as long as your perform and make your daily calls, you will be fine.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my base salary is 55K. Every quarter, I make $4000 in bonus

55k +16k+ 69k wow, big deal. After how many years with the company? If the job is so great then why is the turnover so high?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

make that 71k

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why dont you keep reading and see that I said i make an additional 22K on top of that for hitting year end numbers. So make that 91K, thanks! Oh but I am sure you are making SO MUCH more, right. If you dont know what youre talking about, stay out of the conversation. Bottom line, You can make 90K your first year in this job. You obviously are stupid and think comp. plans never change, and as far as turnover, who knows, and who cares? As far as I know, we dont have much turnover, but like I said Ive only been here a year. We are adding a LOT of people but they are all for expansion territories, so thats a good thing, and we're not laying people off like alot of companies. All I know is I am making 90K+, my product is easy to sell, doctors love it, and I am happy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"but like I said Ive only been here a year."
    Lets see so you have only been here for a year and the reps who trained me had only one years worth of seniority, I am beginning to see a pattern. If its such a great job making 90k the first year then why the high turnover? Before you say it, the reps who trained me were not part of an expansion.

"I can make an additional 22K in bonus if I have overachieved in every bucket, which is actually possible. So bottom line is, it is possible and likely that one could make 90K plus in this job if they actually go to work and do their lunches. I think they said that about 25% of reps maxed out"

" I think they said that about 25% of reps maxed out"
    so 75% of the reps didn't hit the 22k bonus and made less than 71k

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT A ROOKIE, KEEP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am surprised at the number of incompetent people on this site. I am trying to be helpful and honest, and all you do is bash other people's jobs. NO 75% OF PEOPLE DID NOT MAKE 71K OR LESS, MOST OF THEM DIDNT MAX OUT BUT THEY STILL OVERPERFORMED SO THEY DID GET A YEAR END BONUS. On average reps probably made 80K this year, but there are those that made more and those that made less. So the range is anywhere from 70-90K. I dont know if you are 5 years old but you read one thing and interpret another. Get a life. Why are you so concerned with Sonicare, you dont even work here and obviously things have changed since you did.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"but like I said Ive only been here a year."

You never responded to the fact that the company has such a high turnover. You have only been there for a year, the people who trained me had only been with the company for a year. If the job pays so well than why is there such a high turnover? I am sure that the Listerine reps make more than you do.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did answer that question - We have about 80 reps in the country now and I can only think of 4 people who have left the company in the year that I have been here. I did not replace anyone, I was put in a new territory/expansion. We just added about 15 people (all new territories) . So maybe the turnover that was high before was because the comp. plan wasnt that good. Now its better and they do pay if you perform so I think the retention rate is much better. And no, I am not drinking the koolaid, every company has problems, and nothing is perfect. But I do feel that Sonicare management treats us all fairly and everyone has the chance to overperform, the goals are challenging but still in reach. I am guessing that you left Sonicare and now work for a company that's a sinking ship. I wont name any names out of respect for you and your new company, but I think I know exactly who you are!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might as well leave this douche bag alone. You are making the exact same argument with this guy that I made a few months ago, and I am one of the people who left in 2007. He's stirring the shit......leave it at that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IF I COME TO WORK FOR SONICARE, WILL I GET MY OWN TOOTHBRUSH

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you network to get your position or did you apply online first? How many years of B2B outside sales experience did you have before getting your position? Thanks.