2014 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a great idea to replace the older, more experienced, seasoned veterans by the Young, non-experienced, entitlement minded, lazy, green Reps that do not know how to wipe their own butt!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is about the older and very unproductive workforce. Also---not the 65 and under---the 65++ (some are 70yrs old)!

Worst part is---they can retire--yet when the younger workers get laid off due to lack of seniority---the older ppl DO NOT step up to the plate and GO! That is not right.

I know two single mothers struggling with kids who got let go, all while overpaid lazy 65+ seniors were schlepping around the building, dawdling and chatting away the day.

How offensive is that!?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU are an offensive "human?" being

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can we please stop making fun of the hospital team?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get back to work

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like the PAE's and PAM's. Now there is something to make fun of and while you are at it let's add you to the list.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I notice on here that if anyone has a difference of opinion, they are ridiculed and called names. Please grow up yourselves, so we can have meaningful discussions.
    I do not say these things lightly. I have witnessed older workers slacking off.
    Why would I say it if I have never seen it?
    If we were face to face--would you call me a punk etc?? Noooo I doubt it. You would be too afraid to. Maybe behind my back though, of course. :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would anyone be afraid to confront you? Are you trying to be intimidating or confrontational? I am sure you have seen old folks slacking off. I have seen tons of young workers texting, laughing, playing radios, juking, jiving, taking 30 minute breaks. Believe me, no one group has a monopoly on these behaviors.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true and let's not forget about call ins too..

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me understand this. You are okay with ppl working way beyond retirement, though they do not need the money, while blocking the next generation of young ppl from entering the workforce? What a selfish thing to do.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I normally would be okay with but not in this horrible job market. If old folks are working because they need the money, why should they suffer by giving up their jobs? If they are working because they are bored or whatever but are set financially, then I agree that they should retire and give younger people a shot at it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Craziest shit I ever heard. I am floating somewhere between the young whippersnappers and the elderly geriatrics in terms of longevity in this plane of reality. Regardless there ain't no way I am giving up my job for anybody to give anybody else "a shot at it" regardless of whether or not I am set financially. I will work until I am kicked out or until I feel like leaving and no regard to who might or might not take my place. Not my concern who fills my spot (or doesn't fill my spot) when I leave. It might be somebody younger or it might be somebody older. If I am not doing the hiring than it is not my concern.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell is wrong with you? If your unemployed stop blaming "old" people for taking your job or keeping you from one, you clearly need to get some help. Allot of companies are simply eliminating positions and not replacing people. Seriously refocus. The job market is simple supply and demand, do you have the skill sets that the market is looking for? Try focusing there.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You young kids hang in there. You need more Sales experience, keep upselling those French Fries and Large Cokes.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea and they are your sons and daughters.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn right. There is no way I would encourage my kids to have a 100k+/yr job as their first earning experience. They need to spend some time at minimum wage jobs and gain some valuable life lessons that clearly some other people are lacking.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But they are entitled. Obama told them they are. You should be able to get over paid and do nothing to earn it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless you went to medical school and graduated as an MD, or your some type of engineer in high demand its unlikely an new college grad will command a high salary. Experience, and time is where those negotiation rights come in. The company wants to know what can you do for me? So without much of a resume be thankful they give you a chance to prove yourself. If we don't start looking for a new job we could all be serving Fry's and a coke because quest isn't going to make it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a joke. Young sales people don't work. They come in daily ,do little ,get their car benefit and bring in doctors maybe or accounts that are crap.
    Old sales got the productive accounts unless you have a hot babe who the doc falls over.
    Quest lays off on a regular basis just to keep the profits at a level the stockholders will be happy with. I worked 13 years in Teterboro and 8 years in Long Island. They will pay you off with a great package. They never keep their staff not even the good ones especially in the tristate area.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the package for sales the same as the rest of the company or is it different? So far the package for the company is 2 wks salary/full year of service unless you are AmeriPath then it is 1 wk salary/full year of service. But sales could certainly be different?

And the big question others are asking is whether JH will be cutting this package for the rest of the company down to 1 wk/yr come the new year.