Acthar Price Increase $23K a Vial

Discussion in 'Questcor' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2007 at 9:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now we are talking

In the end, this will really benefit the patient - trust us

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this public knowledge or just a guess?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i doubt any company is going to increase the price of a vial over 1000%!!!! get a clue. if a patient can afford to pay $23K a vial, they can cut out the middle man and buy Questcor.

i hear Doral is going to go up to $2250 per pill!!! it's much more expensive than ambien or lunesta but the unique qualities of this long acting benzo help justify the cost.

thanks for the great insight:)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey smarty person, then you must not know much about Acthar Gel. That was the whole idea on getting the FDA approval for IS, to raise the price. Do you think Questcor was going to make a profit on Acthar Gel by increasing the usage of it in IS? It is used first line now. Questcor was going to take advantage of the Orphan Drug Status that Acthar Gel has in the IS market. Funny person. You better believe a company will increase the price of a drug by 1000% if it will be used regardless. Nice insight!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dummy person. I do happen to know a lot about Acthar Gel but you must not know a lot about pharmaceuticals, or a free market society for that matter. If QSC charges $23K a vial do you really think any insurers are going to cover it? Once word gets out about that ridiculous price, doctors are going to turn to other options. You may not be able to grasp this idea but there are other meds being used for IS. Thanks again for all of your great insight. You may want to submit your resume for the CEO opening!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey smarty man, I never said 23k was the price for a vile, we were talking about 1000% increase which would be around 16000. And yes I do believe insurances would cover this cost due to the nature of the disease. And yes other drugs are used for treating IS but there are only two that have a 50% or better effective rate. Can you name them? When IS is diagnosed the physician will treat the patient until resolved. Acthar Gel will be used regardless of price if the doctor wants to use it. The government might have something to say. I do not agree with the raising price of Acthar Gel, but if my child had IS and the doctor said this was our only alternative, you bet I would pay and my insurance would cover it. Thanks for your insight.

Dummy Person

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cost is not the issue!! Unemployment is!! Smarty and Dummy!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cost is the issue, that is why you're unemployed.

Dummy

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes the cost did go up and NO the insurance company has now decided NOT to cover it!! So now MY question is what about these poor infants that are on this for IS and can't get it. It isn't good to quit this cold turkey. This is just sooo wrong!
    You can say if your child had IS you would pay for it and your insurance would pay but the insurance companies are now refusing to pay and at $25,000 for one vial that would last two weeks ... Who can afford to pay the price out of pocket??
    If anyone has any ideas of help to pay or actual information what to do next please post helpfull info.
    Thanks

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who says insurance companies aren't paying for it ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CN's of the world will only now use ACTH if it is covered. That's a big if. Ovation must be throwing a "look how f'ckin stupid Questcor looks now" party. This is why pharmaceutical companies get a bad rap. I would hate to still be part of that cluster f'ck right now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong way to look at it. Ovation has got to be saying "look how smart Questcor is now. They have reset the pricing level for Is drugs." And maybe they can actually make money for once instead of going bankrupt."

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This poster is obviously one of the only eight people in the world that would try to sell this bullshit. Since they are not able to sell between 8-5, they'll try it here.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks TG!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How annoying are the sales meetings now. TG flapping her mouth and shaking her rack. Good times in Union City!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel for you. Do you think TG's rack is real?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you serious? Real? They point due north. That is not natural for a chick in her late 40's.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Questcor DID raise the price of its medicine. It DOES affect real people. My nephew was diagnosed with a rare disease: Infantile Spasms. Acthar is a medicine that can save his life. However, we can't pay for it. The insurance company isn't paying for it either.

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_245214120.html

Please feel free to comment back to me.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll be glad to know, then, as a follow up to the story you posted above, the family was able to get the drug through insurance for a $25 copay (yes, that's 100 quarters). Link below...
    http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/9606682.html