What's going on at PharmaNet...?

Discussion in 'CROs - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometime in the past couple of weeks, they walked into a legacy i3 office and told everyone to go home because they were closing the office down (Hunt Valley, MD).

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmanet still has orientation every two weeks people. They just hired around 40 people so the company is thriving. Its the medical that concerns me.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that is what people are bitching about, the medical division.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmanet/i3's parent company, inVentiv Health, just outsourced all IT infrastructure positions across all inVentiv companies, including all the people who maintain phones and servers...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, who are they outsourcing to? I assume this is another cost-cutting strategy; reduce head count and the associated carrying costs, blah blah.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmanet is scrambling to find mostly data programmers and statisticians. They treat their employees like a number (and like crap) and are laying off more as we speak! Rumor has it (from an extremely reliable source) that there will be more layoffs in January (not including the ones this week!) Inventiv gobbled up a bunch of smaller companies in order to call themselves a CRO providing full services globally. However, they have far too many chiefs and not nearly enough indians. The chiefs obviously aren't speaking the same language because they all seem to have their own agendas and none seem to be the same agenda. They are constantly "restructuring" their org plan and put people into a position then move them around. One person I know went through 6 managers in 3 months time. If they are ever able to compete with stable, established CROs (which seems to be extremely unlikely at this point), it will not be any time soon and NO ONE who is working there feels safe in their positions.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which groups are rumored to have layoffs coming?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news if Pharmanet is moving to Somerset, NJ?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a former Pharmanet/i3 employee, and just heard that Dalvir Gill, who was president of phase II - IV development, has left! LinkedIn shows him as Chief Executive Officer at TransCelerate Biopharma Inc. in Philadelphia.

I guess his laser-focus on employee retention (in one of last year's "all hands conference calls") didn't involve staying there!

Can't blame him, what with the way inVentiv is handling the company...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe they outsourced to HCL Technologies, which has a lot of people at Merck...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Business Development in Clinical II - IV is being run by a couple of drunk frat boys. Since May 2013, 18 proposal developers have resigned due to lack of leadership and direction. They treat their employees like dirt. Their moral compass has been thrown in the trash with their uses condoms and PAUL M and Ray H could care less.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New VP in BD since 4.1.13. No plan, no org chart, no direction, no clue and no idea how to run the department.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The most important thing they could have done was create the employee survey they talked about a long time ago. Than they would have had a clue about what the problems are.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not like upper management isnt aware of the recklessness that occurs in BD. They are and they dont really care. I agree that a survey of the employees would help them to identify where specifically the problems are, but, if they did that, then they would have to act on it and make changes in the leadership...and that it the last thing that happens in this company...Old school, old mentality, and way too much nepotism....the arrogance and narcissistic behavior is beyond belief.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, no surprise there - the old P-Net had one of the worst IT teams around, and pathetic quality and HR to boot. now the inventiv gang has thrown out most of the legacy P-net IT, quality and HR people. The outsourcing (to HCL) was inevitable - after years of very poor IT work and out-of-control costs, this had to be done

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did it get any better? Infrastructure is the worse I have ever seen.
    You get what you pay for.....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind, even when we outsource infrastructure, we still have to have an internal manager managing the outsourced team - should no hand over the keys to outsource vendors - fox guarding the hen-house