Exubera Production

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this factual or hearsay? The Terre Haute plant keeps proclaiming all is well..............sounds like the rumor mill produces better quality than the exubera production line.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry if I don't respect your input here, but you are most likely a sales rep who has zero knowledge of what it takes to:

1. Move an entire process
    2. Transfer the knowledge and skill sets required
    3. Re-validate the entire process
    4. Establish all of the specific control parameters around the production process.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is plain bullshit, none of the site's top management have moved. That's not to say they won't, but none have yet so get your stuff straight before posting.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would move them and convert them to manufacture a more lucrative product. With current sales, Exubera can't absorb one lines worth of cost. So why keep them making exubera?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ANY process can be re-located given the time and $$ and it appears they have plenty of time.

Besides, why have a manufacturing site in west bum-fuck Indiana anyway?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But why relocate a process that:

1 isn't robust
    2 doesn't make money

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't they manufacture another product at the Terre Haute facility?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't have another product to manufacture...that's part of Pfizer's overall problem. I know niche specialty companies with better pipeline.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are they still producing exubera if it is the intention of downsizing? I had a friend from New York just transfer there and he tells me that they were supposed to be bringing in new line equipment. If this is true it looks like he needs some insight onto what is going on.......

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess it depends on your perspective and time table...

Many have left but I guess if you think people didn't know what was coming until the last six months you'd be right.

I know there were plans to shutdown the 1247/1244 side in 2007 and due solely to Exubera's poor performance that didn't happen. At least Advantage still is profitable.

Good luck to you and your $20,000,000 a year product Exubera with a $40,000,000 a year budget.

It is very Pfizer-like to shoot the messenger rather than deal with the reality of what the messenger is saying.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're wrong...it's a 400,000,000 a year budget

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So whats up with the production lines in Terre Haute? Is the product now considered a total failure and layoffs inevitable?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terre Haute will be fine. There will never be a lay off at Terre Haute. Exubera will be a billion dollar blockbuster. Go back to work and don't worry.

*Runs off to get his resume out before the flood of idiots who can't even read the 10 foot tall writing on the wall start applying for the same limited number of jobs.*

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I understand there are no plans for layoffs. Of course, no one ever knows about the layoff plans until they are laid off.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The long term plan is to move all manufacturing, packaging and any other labor intensive function to China. Pfizer is building a complex in Zxing Dou, or Din Phoo, or some backwards cesspool where they will pay a buck twelve an hour and the yellow hord will be lining up for the jobs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if Exubera production is halted, would there be any plans to produce something else there? It is my understanding that several million dollars have been invested into the upgrade of the plant.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Inhaled THC to keep pfizer reps happy. Management is worried about all the talk of revolution here. If they can't scare you into compliance, they'll drug you into submission. Also, we'll start producing penile implants for Reggie Spizzle wannabe's

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So whats the deal, Sre they still going to actually keep producing this stuff?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yup

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You gotta be kidding, surely Pfizer knows this product is has absolutley no chance of success. Do they think that if they wish hard enough that it will turn into a blockbuster?