Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

Discussion in 'Pfizer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2006 at 8:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait till you meet crazy pet owners! You do realize that there is a person at the other end of the leash, right?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We continue to believe that Pfizer will struggle to grow revenue and EPS for the long term, despite the additional boost that Wyeth will provide. The recently weak performance of Lipitor and the Animal Health business, two of Pfizer's few bright spots, has also prompted us to trim our nearer-term growth forecasts.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please provide source and complete article. Thanks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is that at one time many reps thought the same ways as you do but the industry has changed. It is so much more difficult to do anything for the doctors nowadays. There is so much red tape and internal political bs in this industry. In an ideal world we would be doing what we feel is right for our clients and their patients but we're not. It's all about the dollar, and with the current economy, how to keep our jobs. I wasn't around then but from what I've heard this was a great industry 10 to 15 years ago. Well...it is no longer that my friend. Stay away...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currently working in a veterinary clinic as a Liscensed Veterinary Technician. I am very good with clients and also good at dealing with the vets. I am looking to get into the animal pharmaceutical industry. I do enjoy being in clinic but the pay is frankly pretty sad. I thought the pharm industry would be good for me since I am intelligent and a good people person. Does anyone have any good advice on how to land a job? Most everything I look at required b2b sales. I have plenty of in clinic sales to clients but no b2b. Any sincere help would be appreciated. Thanks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Licensed! sorry for the mis-spell!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First having a vet tech license will get you nowhere... you need a BA or BS. Second, run dont walk from pharma sales, it is a mill. They will use you for a year or two then lay you off. When you go to look for another job, everyone will laugh in your face because they think you are not a "real" sales person.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clincis...or clinics

head hung high ...or head held high?

resume to....is this an appropriate way to end a sentence..?

Pitty ....or pity?

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

y'all motherfuckers need jesus!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you assholes need to make a buck somewhere else away from the corrupting pharma bitch ass supersize-me towers killing off humans by endorsing lies instead of leading future generations of healthy parents!
    Sales work anywhere so find somewhere where you get to feel worthwhile at the end of the dayinstead of kissing dirt corrupt md's ass and begging like a dog. And you dickwad showing off pfizer - FUCK yourself hard and fuck Pfizer who now is into killing and corrupting vets for five years now just for the profit - without the balls to admit mistakes, recalls or even descency to print adverse reaction sheets on vaccines!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahah. Word homeboy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they wish they did

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should sell shit! Bundle shit in bags, plastic containers, glass bottles, shit balls, and sell shit. People will buy it for pranks, parties (stinky shit), movie theatres (stinky shit), Sporting Events (balls of shit for throwing at refs for bad calls ie: last weeks game) Golf Balls made of shit that will splatter when hit. etc..etc...etc..

Just think of all of the uses of shit! (and it's free) nothing but profit except for the container.

large amounts of shit could be dropped on Iraq and Afganistan, Pharma Headquarter Buildings, anywhere! Enough shit here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are crazy. 10-2 absolutely cuts it in this business. We all know that. In fact, 10-2, 3x per week cuts it. Great performers have time management skills....which is why I can check cafe pharma at 2:39pm on a Thursday afternoon.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahh an old Roche Dx time table; the four T's; Ten - Two, Tues and Thursdays. Brilliant!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was looking for a website with an answer to the original thread but it appears this site is not worth reading so far. Seems more like a bunch of trolls highjacked this thread. Thank you for the few people that gave helpful information.

Honestly has anyone worked in both areas and can they share their experiences both good and bad?
    Closing percentages. Commission rates, residuals, what should someone expect in earnings their first year (ballpark), benefits of each, and overall experience in the field?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Animal Health rep's are too busy actually talking to doctors and selling or bundling products to respond. Cafe Pharma is not even on their radar as a bitchfest forum. Animal Health sales is what pharma was 15 years ago but with way more products in the bag. Very happy to have made the switch and do real sales.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True - it’s too bad the pay is so inferior. Much more enjoyable seeing customers, but pay is “peanuts”