Lifescan - One Touch Verio launched

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ummm, two words Val Crashbury.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with your market trend analysis but also must point out that this business is a cash cow for lifescan and JNJ. It cost about 7 cents to make a Ultra strip and they have over a billion in sales so the game will go on until it is no longer profitable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I agree with you. BUT, that is short sighted at best - not your assessment, but the business model. Managed care drives the market. As more and more plans drop big names, or as the other smbg players like Bayer continue to drive the cost down at the negotiating table the billion dollars will drop. When that happens, more cuts to the sales force, more micro managing, and more unhappy employees. Waiting on Jan numbers, hoping i am wrong.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Copied and posting here from the Sanofi board! High-larious!

Anonymous

Re: Device?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anonymous

I just "left" the meter business after 10 years, TRUST me when I say that it is not device. Even though it is "a device" it is not device sales. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. I have interviewed for "real" device companies since my departure who pretty much laughed at the comparison.

Here is a quick checklist Skippy:

1.) Are you in the O.R. at 6:30am demonstrating and teaching a physician critical techniques required for successful patient outcomes?

2.) Do you get paged at all hours of the day when a case comes up that a surgeon requires your assistance with?

3.) Do you "eat what you kill," or close for anything besides the promise that they will use more of your product over Brand X?

If you answered no to any of the above questions, yer probably not a device rep.

1.) Are most of your customers the girl who gets call backs from the pharmacy?

2.) Are the rest of the people in your "total office sell" the receptionist, the high school grad with a 6 month online certificate or anyone else with the responsibility to hand out an Accu-Check, Contour, Ultra or whatever else was dropped shipped to them besides the actual doctor?

3. ) Do you believe if the patient tested with your meter more they would have better control of their diabetes and just don't understand why the "all other" category in your sales numbers keeps growing and growing?

4.) Do you spend any amount of time talking to pimple faced pharmacy techs about "unbranded scripts?"

If you answered yes to any of the above yer most definitely not a device rep.

It is influencing prescriptions, just like pharma but without the required disease state knowledge. Don't kid yourselves. Enjoy the gravy job while it lasts, and before every mail order company has a generic meter in your customers hands. Just please, do us all a favor and don't try and convince us that you are device reps.