Did Yasu say...No more layoffs?

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watched the URL webcast. Thought I heard him apologize for the January RIF, and then promptly and emphatically say....That's it, NO MORE, WE'RE DONE with layoffs.

Am I hearing things?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I listened intently and heard the same thing. If you caught that, did you also catch Frank Morich saying we need to trust the company making a reference to the next two years.

Anybody else hear that and wonder if he knows something that we don't know? Watch and listen again to his comment. It almost hints that there will be a need for trust or there will significant change in two years.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya, seems eerily similar to the statements made after the June 2010 layoff's when at the NSM we were told "we need everyone in this room" and how we had a path to achieve greatness. How we could trust the company and that there would be no more layoffs. Then... BOOM! Another big RIF!

I swear Takeda will say anything to suck as much blood out of you until more layoffs are announced. I feel even less secure now. Maybe I'll take the advice of many on this board and do the minimum to keep my job and enjoy the extra time with my son and wife during the week.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The answer to all of this lies in the MATH at the executive (Non-VP) level. Yasu, Doug, and the Chief Financial Officer. When you buy a new house there's an equation they use to figure out how much house you can afford, it basically says your payment can be no more than X portion of your income. So here is the golden question........How many Field Sales Reps can or should X million in revenue fund?

Example:
    500 Million in annual sales can sustain 1,800 Takeda Reps??
    500 Million in annual sales can sustain 1,800 Ventiv/CSO Reps??
    or.......
    500 Million in annual sales can sustain 1,000 Takeda Reps, but we will gamble by keeping 800 more for another 2 years (Frank Morich 2 year comment) until the fire gets lit with more revenue from new products.

I think we all should agree that when 3.5 Billion is gone, and our existing products combined make up less than 1/7th of the 3.5, then something has to change.

Or for the very optimistic.....maybe it's normal to have 1,800 reps to support 500 million in total sales. 500 million is still a lot of money! Who really knows? Doug maybe, Yasu for sure, CFO likely.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translated it means no more 6 figure packages
    they'll just Jack up your goals and whack you

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure would be nice if they would tell us the truth so we could plan our lives and stop living in fear/doubt about the future. If they said, we are investing 200 million in the next 2 years to keep an additional 800 reps to see if we can hit 1 Billion in combined sales, and if we do....there will be no layoffs if we can maintain that level. People would rally!! No trust equals no rally!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How could they ever regain our trust? They have shown over and over again that they can't be trusted. They will tell whatever lie best fits the moment. As long as they collect their bonuses, they don't care whether we trust them or not. Reps are expendable.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is exactly what I heard Yasu say...no more Layoffs ever!! There is no way a comment like this should ever be made. The reason for the 2nd layoff was the "unforseen" BC Actos data that came out...what happens if another drug of ours has something come out about it...bottom line there will be more layoffs... Yasu is full of crap. Why isn't Sr. Mgt held accountable and why have they not lost any of there jobs???

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they are Senior Mgt. That's why! They are higher up the food chain, small fish get eaten. The smart people in life always get to stay, the common folk get laid off. Fact of life, face it or move on.

BTW, I'm common.... :)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as folks like Doug Cole, Diane Digangi Trench and other overpaid, out of touch and underskilled folks are making decisions, nothing will ever change, except for the worse. Why do you think Rich left and started his own company?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

0nly 500 million in sales? We will do close to 2 Billion without Actos in 2013. Check your math.

Example:
    500 Million in annual sales can sustain 1,800 Takeda Reps??
    500 Million in annual sales can sustain 1,800 Ventiv/CSO Reps??
    or.......
    500 Million in annual sales can sustain 1,000 Takeda Reps, but we will gamble by keeping 800 more for another 2 years (Frank Morich 2 year comment) until the fire gets lit with more revenue from new products.

I think we all should agree that when 3.5 Billion is gone, and our existing products combined make up less than 1/7th of the 3.5, then something has to change.

Or for the very optimistic.....maybe it's normal to have 1,800 reps to support 500 million in total sales. 500 million is still a lot of money! Who really knows? Doug maybe, Yasu for sure, CFO likely.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yasu is a very smart man. Doug should be kissing his ass for shelling out $800 million to give us a little wiggle room for a short time. Obviously, Yasu expects a return on his investment in TPUSA.
    Why would he invest in TPUSA? USA market is hurting, overseas markets are growing.Here is my prediction. I foresee TPUSA getting sold within the next couple years. Just seems to me that by making TPUSA a separate entity from TPNA and TP global, he would have a more saleable organization and still keep the other global profit centers around the world. Cut off Mexico and Canada from TPNA to create TPUSA. This smaller company is more affordable to more buyers. Actos goes generic, TPUSA becomes what TAP was a few years ago with Prevacid going generic, and you know the rest of the story.

Is anybody else a believer in this conspiracy theory?

Nostradamus

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doug Cole was a Prevacid rep for ONE YEAR before he went in house to start his Marketing career. He has no clue how to manage through this challenging time. I wish you all the best. The company has not been the same since Yasu left for Japan. It is so sad to see things come to this. Tap was the greatest company I will ever work for. To watch it go from so much promise with Prevacid and Lupron, a "strong Pipeline," to gout, Prevacid II (which I cannot believe hasn't done better...SELL IT AT $2.00 A PILL LIKE AZ DOES), and a 5th entrant CV drug. Bring back Spectracef. Bring back Naprapac. Stupid ideas like that started the doom of Takeda.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TAP had a powerhouse of leaders with Alan MacKenzie, Yasu, Art Rice, Don Patton and others. Who knows how well these leaders can do in todays market. It is a different time

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets be honest. Those guys did a great job launching TAP. But after Prevacid and Lupron they had no plan. they just rode those products into the ground. They didn't look ahead and our fate was sealed. Then when they took over Takeda they really had no clue what to do and now they are all gone and we are screwed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well first off your rules are wrong. Last I checked revenue is all money coming in not just a certain selected group of income earners. Obviously the field sales products will not be generating the huge sales revenue like the past. Leadership has acknowledge this and stated the plan is to bottom the next several years and regain growth as new products enter the market and others grow...something like 2017ish return to past revenue. So with that as the plan you DO INCLUDE all products knowing that they are bridging us to the future.

These are from 3rd qtr and do not include any grow factor.

Dexilant: $296 Million yr
    Uloric: $160 Million yr
    Edarbi/Family $4 Million yr (much higher then these #'s)
    Amitiza: $232 Million yr
    Colcyrs: $430 Million yr
    Prevacid: $232 Million yr
    Prevacid AG: 17 Million yr
    Rozerem: $52 Million yr
    Generics: $170 Million yr
    Nesina & Oseni- ?
    Omontys?
    Actos 6months 1.6Billion

Total without Actos or Nesina products
    $1,593,000,000

With Actos 6 months

$3,195,000,000

With Actos 6 months Branded, Nesina & Oseni, Omontys, and some growth of exisiting products?

$3.3-3.5 Billion in 2012.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tap could easily have survived on Lupron, Dex, otc Prev, Uloric, and ColeCris

The Takeda Legacy Group was/is worthless

At least Cole teamed up with Goldman and
    Got shit done!

I would keep the 1/10 good Tak Legacy reps
    And roll with Tappers its the only way

#REALTALK

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey #REALLOSER

that worthless legacy group you keep whining about? They bought your nostalgia and they bought it because they had more money and they had more money because the reps ate your lunch every day in the field and the reps ate your lunch cause you are a dork who signs posts on an anonymous web chat board douche