djo empi compensation

Discussion in 'DJ Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea what the comp plan is? If a territory is doing 500k what do you get paid?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth about the quota system at Empi, excuse me DJO Global lol, is this: The budget has been the same for the past 15 years when it comes to paying the reps. The top brass tell the national sales manager how to sell it to the regional managers. "This is how we sell it to the reps". The budget is all the same but the brass "tweeks" it every year and pitch it as the newest and greats comp plan ever! The commissions opportunities will always be the same. It's the plan...In an environment where reimbursement is going down and the cost of business is continuing to rise, well, reps are screwed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you explain this comp futher!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

500k territory will get you around 80-85K earnings a year.

Nothing to sneeze at but still, wait until you see how much you have to run around just to make that cash. It is a rat race in the truest sense of the phrase.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW THAT'S INSIGHTFUL

WHAT JOB ISNT A RAT RACE?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they are screwing the inside reps out of anywhere from 3000-8000 from last month. Anyone else hear that?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is a true statement about the inside reps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one of the honest reps on the inside who understands that the company isn't screwing us, we were screwing the company by expecting to be paid at 120% to plan with -20% growth over last year. I just wish I would have questioned why our goals were so low before the month was over.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Obviously you weren't working here 15 years ago when we were paid 4% and had $28,000 salary.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was an RM at another company, and I think you are twisting "selling" the comp plan into a negative thing. All companies change their comp plans to align with the goals of the business, which are always changing. "selling" a new comp plan to the reps isn't about trying to pull the wool over the reps eyes, it just means that you have to help them understand how the new plan aloigns with the business.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds like it's coming from a rep who was promoted to a rep position prematurely. Either that, or your manager was. You don't understand business if you think the messaging is all about how to screw reps. Read the last post. I'm in total agreement! Smart reps know how to maximize any comp plan by earning every incentive they allow us to earn. It's the dumb one's who leave money on the table because they can't understand more than just hitting plan.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The number were questioned all month. Everyday the supervisors were asked everyday if they were sure the numbers were correct. Spreadsheets went out to showing where each team was tracking too. Supervisors went to the Manager to confirm. It wasn't until three weeks after month end that they saw what they had to pay the inside and they said that they had to go digging for the error. Well they dug until they found one and what was that error they found well that any one's guess because that wasn't explained to us. We couldn't even get a copy of the finial numbers that they came up with. Now this error came after they made another big error on the new commission plan on the true file value. If it wasn't for someone that came up with the true numbers we would of lost even more money. Now come to find out that the numbers on reoccurring files is wrong also which 90% of the departments commission is a part of and they are trying to get a fix in the system to get the real numbers. It's great that you are one of the honest reps but lets work on management being honest first and earning there trust back if they can. It's going to be hard when every week we find another problem with the way thing are figured number wise.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical DJO. NOT GOOD TO THEIR PEOPLE.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ARE YOU INSANE? ONE OF THE HONEST REPS? GIVE ME A BREAK. IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT BEING PAID BASED ON THE WORK THAT YOU DO, WHY ARE YOU IN A COMMISSION BASED JOB? THE EMPLOYESS ARENT BEING DISHONEST IN THIS SITUATION, AND IM DISGUSTED WITH WHOMEVER YOU ARE. IF YOU TRULY FEEL THAT **YOU** DID NOT EARN THAT MONEY..WHERE WERE YOU IN THE ROOM OF 60 PEERS WHO HAD BEEN WORKING 50-60 HOUR WEEKS TO MAKE THAT NUMBER? I DIDNT HEAR YOU SPREADING YOUR GOOD WILL AT THAT POINT... ACTUALLY, ITS ALL MAKING SENSE TO ME NOW. YOU DIDNT EARN THAT MONEY, YOUR PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORST REPS ON THE INSIDE, THE REASON THAT TM'S DONT HIT GOAL, AND WHY YOUR TEAM HAS TO WORK EVEN HARDER, TO PULL YOUR SLACK. WHEN YOUR EMPLOYER GIVES YOU A GOAL, AND YOU HIT IT...GUESS WHAT, THEY OWE YOU THE COMPENSATION THAT GOES ALONG WITH HITTING SAID GOAL. EMPLOYEES ARENT BEING OUT OF LINE, MANAGEMENT IS. WE WORK HARD FOR OURSELVES, AND THE OUTSIDE EVERY DAY... HOW UNFORTUNATE TO WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT FEELS YOUR ONLY WORTH AS LITTLE AS THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH PAYING YOU. HONEST ONE... YOU AND DJO DESERVE EACH OTHER... FOR EVERY OTHER HARD WORKING REP ON THE INSIDE, AND OUTSIDE... FINGERS CROSSED THAT SOME ACCOUNTABILITY IS TAKEN, AND THAT THE SOLUTION NOT ONLY INVOLVES BEING PAID WHAT IS OWED.... BUT RECOGNITION, AND APPRECIATION ALSO FOR ALL THE TIME AND HARD WORK THAT THE MAJORITY OF PCS PUTS IN.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you honestly think that you can go to another company and make 4 times your normal commission for decreasing sales 20%? I think you need to mature a bit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. If its 4x your normal comp, you are OBVIOUSLY one of the least productive reps in the dept. and dont want to rock the boat because you know you cant go anywhere else because they wont hire you.
    2. If you look at how the whole thing went down and how everything has evolved, its not a mistake. They just dont want to pay. Anybody with any common sense should be able to see that.
    3. The new comp plan is BS. A capped comp plan in a sales position is the most retarded thing I've ever heard of

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really think that our goals were set correctly, with our department achieving 120% to goal, when Empi as a whole hit right around 100% to budget? I've talked to field reps who have said that even though we were at 120% and they surpassed their quota for iontophoresis and clinic electrodes, they didn't hit their quota. So, if the company barely achieved budget, and the field reps are barely hitting plan, it doesn't make sense to me that we truly achieved 120%. Do you want to think a little more about what common sense is?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what your bank just called and they screwed up on car loan. As it turns out you owe a extra $4K. They said "Sorry" so I'm sure you will be OK with just paying the extra money. Plus they said during the next year that you are paying back the extra $4K back they will earn your trust back.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oops, bank accidentally deposits $4000 in your account, you think that seemed odd, but you spend it anyway. Bank says it was an error, and they take their money back, rightly so. It was never yours! And they aren't going to give any of tat ack to you over the next year because you already spent it. Mistakes happen! Don't know what world you live in. Obviously you are perfect and the world revolves around you. They are paying us money that they don't have to. Why in the world do you think you're entitled to money that you obviously didn't earn? Look how much revenue we billed in February this year and last year. Really? You think you deserve that money? I know that I worked hard too, but look at the numbers!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok common sense, how is it this month that nearly all tm's hit 100%+ yet no team even sniffed it? You are so smart so explain to me how inside's goals go up while outsides goals were unchanged