Amedisys

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

same decision made by me i couldn't take it anymore i can always find another job but not my license. congrats to you and i wish i had done it earlier. i feel like i have escaped a cult

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can only say good luck. I waited as long as I could for things to change. I loved my job with this company for many years and really felt that I had finally found the "dream job" but then things started changing. At first I thought it was just growing pains where we were buying so many agencies but then the more I really started looking and seeing how things were going, I am a firm believer that the top executives have gotten so money hungry and they can't be happy with good fortune. When you take a look at the financial report they send, seeing those giant salary + bonuses yet they keep taking things away from the sales force that feeds them those dollars, I knew it was only time till this job took a huge turn for the south. They did not even want to give a mileage increase when gas was $4 when the federal govt stepped in with an increase. Said it would cost thousands of dollars for a penny increase! I can't believe that the CEO has changed so much and how he hates the sales force now. I used to think he walked on water. I try not to think about it much anymore, I miss my friends, my contacts but, I am happy with my new job. Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is my first time to the Amedisys board, but i have been to many pharma boards before, so it doesn't surprise me to see all negative comments. I'm relatively new to Amedisys, but have spent the past 6 years in pharma. I came onboard to get away from the constant downsizing that occurs in pharma and found what i think to be a great place here. I noticed post about all the reports and micro managing and those stating that they want to move to pharma. Speaking from experience, I will say that this is the most slow paced, macro-managed sales force i have ever been a part of. As for the reports and meetings, I'm doing way less reporting, planning, and meetings than ever before. Yes they track you with GPS, but if you are out doing what you should, then that should not be a worry. I'm used to the GPS tracking from pharma, so it is no big deal. 10 calls a day is a joke. in pharma you had to have 15 plus signatures from doctors per day and your territory was so large that it was hard to squeeze it all into one day. My manager has been great and has let me take my territory and manage it as i see fit. After all, that is why they brought me and us on board. As far as selling HH, the competition is not as tough in regards to the sales tactics they use compared to other industries, and the sales approach is straight forward. Build relationships and trust, and the business will follow. I have a major hopital in my territory with its own HH and dirty ways to make sure that they help feed them. This is going to be an issue almost everywhere. Find the advantage and benefits in using you. This is easier said than done, but there is ways that people are making it work. I'm trying new approaches now to regain that business. You can always go directly to the hospitalist and have them commit to writing specifically for us in the orders. Convince them of the benefits of using us, and your work there is done.

In regards to the clinical office staff. Being able to communicate with them is key. Most are all about the patient. As for the others, you can find ways to motivate, build moral, and change the outlook. If it doesn't change, then there is always ways to bring things to light and changes can be made. Now, the pay scale... I might have been lucky enough to end up on the higher range of the pay scale, but the base pay here is right in line with the average pharma pay. I will admit that the bonus structure is not as high as I am used to making, but that is a trade off i was willing to take to be able to find a place where job stability is good as long as performance was in line.

All in all, I am very happy with my move from pharma to Amedisys. I know this will generate a few angry and silly replies, as always on a job board, but I wanted to at least put out there that the grass is not always greener on the other side. One position is not always perfect for everyone, if it is not somehting you like then my advice would be to try and leave in good graces. You may never know how bad it is on the other side and might want to jump back.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let us all here back from you after a year when you have been amedisysized! May God be with you. Remember don't drink that kool-aid.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT IS .42 A MILE, AND IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT YOU CAN COME AND GO AS YOU WANT AND HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY-THEN THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. YOU CAN MAKE 10-15 CALLS A DAY AND HAVE TIME TO MANAGE BEING AT THE OFFICE GETTING WEEKLY REPORTS,BD,ETC. DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER.... I WOULD ONLY ASSUME THE ONES "COMPLAINING" WILL BE SOON TO GO- YOU DO YOUR JOB, FIND YOUR NITCH, AND SALE THE BEST PROGRAMS IN THE HH INDUSTRY...NOT THAT HARD PEOPLE. IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU WILL TO SUCCEED!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ONCE YOU LEARN AND LIVE THE CORE BELIEFS..IT MAKES LIFE EASIER..MY FAVORIT- EXCEPT AND EMBRACE CHANGE...ANY AND EVERY COMPANY WILL HAVE IT- EXCEPT SMALLER HOME HEALTHS THAT ARE OPENING JUST WAITING ON BILL TO BY THEM.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UGM NO... I WOULD ASSUME A LOT OF THIS IS COMING FROM A BIG COMPANY RECENTLY PURCHASED.... CHECK IT OUT AT CONFERENCE. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE- IF YOUR DONE, BE DONE- NO NEED TO COMPLAIN...LOL UNLESS YOU GOT FIRED- WHICH WOULD BE FROM NOT MAKING YOUR QUOTA.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things are really bad in Florida since Esther left. This new VP want thinks that the sales force needs an overhaul and heads are flying right and left. I've got my resume out and can't wait to leave. This used to be a great company to work for.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Upper Management King Pharma rejects think nurses have no business in sales and that they should replace us with Pharma reps. Why did they hire these Sr. VP morons?? This will be the downfall of the entire company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke. I'm in pharma and was thinking about leaving, however your hr doesn't really screen. Your dm's are inconsiderate and cannot spot a real go-getter when one bites them on the ass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG - Some of these last few replys - I can't wait to hear from you in a few months - exp the person who wrote a book. This company could not tell you what the left hand is doing with the right hand. Corporate has no clue what is going on in the field and they hire idiots to manage now. So many good reps (YES, they did make and exceed quota) have left to get away from the bullshit. They don't care, as long as they get a warm body in that can sing the amedisys praise and make them more money to put in thier already busting pockets...its all about the money. Trust me people - all you do is spend time saying I'm sorry to doctors instead of selling. To me, that is not a rewarding position.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just googled "amedisys sucks" to see what popped and I found this message board. This company is a nightmare and they treat their employees like dirt. I was fired after working a little over a year. I was fired for 1 missed visit that the pt complained about. It was my fault, I simply forgot since they were not on my schedule... oh and the fact that I am 8 months pregnant makes me forget things too! I had never been written up or anything and I was fired 3 wks before my due date. Sounds fishy? Yeah it is. They never asked me when I was going on maternity leave or how long I was going to be off. They never gave me my FMLA paperwork evern though I asked for it. I was fired for no good reason, but as I live in VA, a no fault state there is little I can do. HR/people development did nothing, NOTHING to help me even though I had called weeks before this happened b/c I knew something was up. The DOO was out to get me. She succeeded.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new VP's initials are??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget Amedisys, go apply to Gentiva. They are ethical and are the leader in homecare nation wide. They pay well, and operate ethically. 400 branches in 39 states. 4 weeks PTO to start.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is not correct!!! You must be their PR person. This is far from the truth; I know people that have ran far from this company and have turned down the position.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got let go from the hospice side of Amedisys for not reaching my quota. I had a territory that led me about 65 miles from my office and we didn't have any contracts to service patients in any of the nursing homes in my territories. Corporate had no sense of urgency to supply the sales reps with the contracts they needed to bring in business. the company is starting to be run by a bunch of former pharma reps.

I recently got a call from an attorney firm that is looking into kick backs that Amedisys is giving to physicians through their electronic referral source software. CMS is also onto them and is also taking a look at their new physical therapy program they just rolled out. If CMS is onto them, i would stay away if I could. They pay well, but it is truly a numbers game and they will can you in a heartbeat if you're not reaching 100% of your goal or higher.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you explain more of what you have stated in your post? How are they gibing kick backs??? What does this software program do that would benefit a doc? What does CMS stand for and what is wrong with the PT program? Wanting to make the right decision about possibly accepting a position with them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the base pay/total comp for the hospice position?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The software program allows doctors to write/review/and sign off on orders electronically rather than using fax machines. It also tracks the amount of time that the doctors are spending on each patient's case and also spits out all the information at the end of the month that the phsyician needs in order to get reimbursed. This is am Amedisys program that no other competitor has. It is internet based, so technically it is not considered software perse. The physicians need to sign up for this program. The problem is that physicians end up only sending referrals to Amedisys after signing up for this program and don't send any business to the other players in the market. This, of course, is what Amedisys wants. The "kickback" is that Amedisys is helping the physician office gather the information necessary for billing purposes. This results in increased revenue for the physician and cuts down on the amount of work that the business office for that particular practice has to do. CMS is the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services and is part of the federal government. They are the regulatory agency and they are noticing that Ameidsys is billing for services at a far higher clip than any competitor, and you really can't "out medicare" the next guy.

The PT services are starting to get noticed too. They have a new program called Balanced For Life that is vestibular balance program. The problem here is that CMS is starting to notice a huge amount of people being billed for these services. That is, they are questioning whether people truly need to be in this program. PTs, PTAs, and nurses apparently are being told to "look out" for people who "need" this program so that they can get on it. They are apparently also getting nurses to do stuff that is typically done by therapists and vice versa. By doing that, they can bill for 2 different types of service but only have to pay 1 person.

Again, I worked on the hospice side of things, which doesn't use this computer program yet and doesn't offer PT services. I'm only stating what a law office called to interview me about. My major caution about accepting a job is that they will work you to death. If you tell them that you only want to see, say, 30 people a week, they may say that's fine and hire you. however, don't be shocked if after a couple months, they start giving you a hard time and are asking you to see significantly more patients.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

base pay is around $50,000 annually on average. Some get more/less based on experience. Compensation is based upon meeting quarterly bonuses and can get you upwards of an extra $20,000/year depending on how you do.