Solstas Lab Partners???

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more like the devil than god....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currently employed by one of the large companies mentioned in previous posts & am considering a position with solstas. Opinions?? Suggestions??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a company on the move in a very positive way. You will read the nay sayers on this board, that under they cloak of an anonymous post, spew venom. However, rapid growth and acquisitions always shake up the status quo. Under performers, many with long term service, are not able to make the mental shift to an organization that values the customer, the employees, and performance. When these people leave (or are left) it can create ripples in the organization. From my perspective valuing employees and setting expectations are not mutually exclusive. Holding people accountable creates some bitching and groaning, but does not mean this is not a good place to work.

I would sign on in a minute.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well that all depends on what type of job you have now and what type of position you are interested in with Solstas. I still believe that Welsh Carson will sell Solstas just as they try to do with EVERY other company that they buy. You never want to burn bridges in this industry because you never know who you may wind up working for one day. Just remember that a company will NEVER tell you the real problems you will have when they are trying to hire you. Its only after you come on board that the dirty secrets start to appear. Things you make take for granted with one company may seem impossible or like pulling teeth with another. Then again changing companies is the easiest way to get a sizeable pay raise.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Solstas is doing everything it can to makes itself in the image of the "large companies". Rapid growth through acquisitions, centralizing testing, structure, etc. all mirror both QD and LCA. That also brings the unfortunate downsides as well - leadership not focused on organic growth and providing the resources needed, lost specimen rates through the ceiling, reps making less $$, service reps with huge books of business that are challenging to manage. I've been with the company (Spectrum side) for 6 years and have seen a lot of changes during that time. Customer support is at an all time low and we are losing customers like never before. Ask yourself this question "how much focus and resources does it take for the company leaders to research, due diligence, acquire and integrate a lab?". They have 5 of those going on right now in different stages. Every department is affected and don't let anyone tell you differently - think about it for yourself and apply common reasoning.

All things considered its a decent company that has the resources it needs. Depending on the job and location you are looking at could make a huge difference as well because the company looks different in different areas due to the acquisitions, mergers and overlap of companies involved with those.

100% convinced that Solstas is being built, structured and positioned to be purchased by a larger company. I believe Quest will buy Solstas within 24 months. Don't know where you are looking to leave but don't burn bridges - leave on good terms and honor your non-compete - you may end up being acquired by that company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drinking the kool-aid...

Or, selling the dream...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT hahahah good luck!!!! I wouldn't waste your time

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since when does Data Analyst = IT?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you go here, you'll be looking for another job in 1-3 years....and Data analyst is part of IT with this company. If you are smart, stay away.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why bother answering posts when you don't know what you're talking about. You're likely a Spectrum reject who couldn't handle the big leagues and got your butt booted. Check out their job board to see that most of their analyst jobs are in finance and billing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Solstas has purchased Southern Diagnostic Labs in Alabama.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regardless you and your company suck. Fortunately I retired before you idiots took over. Seems to me that anyone decent has been run off because the leaders have bought their way to the top and are threatened by intelligence.

Good luck ruining another great company as most of your administration has a history of doing just that.

Go jump of a cliff you spineless bastar#$

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interested to hear your opinion of Solstas buying Southern Diagnostic, do you have an idea what type of people work at Southern Diagnostic?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it is in ALABAMA~~~~~enough said!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great football, great bar-b-que, and beautiful ladies!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soltas just expanded to FLORIDA!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been in FL with the DLI acquisition. Oracle takes Solstas all the way to the Keys! Watch out, Cuba!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really sound childish. Even for a retired person.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any one heard solstas lost 30 million because they didnt know how to process insurance