Glad I didnt take CDE job.....

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in an endocrinology office with several educators (all CDE's, RD or RN). I applied for the job at Novo but declined during the phone interview after hearing about the travel area. This week a Novo CDE visited our office. The other educators were fuming--they were not sure why a CDE was there. She was trying to offer the patient ed, which we all know and use and get from our salesperson or online. I feel awful for this woman and now the salesperson that comes to our office because I feel like they are going to hear about it come next week. The one doctor was a little put off too and is looking forward to seeing our salesperson next week. It was an odd interaction and everyone is wondering if she is going to substitute our salespersons.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jealous much???

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad we didn't waste our time hiring you if this is the way you react to a first time call and put it on a forum like the DE did something wrong. Sounds like this can easily be rectified with one conversation between the rep and office. Why would the sky be falling? What you've explained doesn't have anything in it to cause concern other then a company trying to provide more resources to help a docs office.

And since you're so concerned, what would you have done on the call different?
    DEs are not sales reps, nor will or could they replace DCSs. Stop spreading bullshit and go help some patients with diabetes instead of hating.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The DE is a resource. Not every office will want to utilize it. Same as before, just now a NN employee. Big deal.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The #1 rule a Novo DE should know is to not to into an Endo office with CDEs...duh! Why would the DE be welcome...she/he is taking away copays and office visits for the MD & CDEs. A smart DE would spend time in offices with no CDEs or offices who support the Novo products. Should of hired a CDE with a brain or some sales experience.
    I would be upset if a DE walked in without the rep to do intros and was indirectly attempting to steal patients. If we want pt ed, we can go on the website...duh!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly another individual who thinks that the DE's are there to support sales. If you don't know the Strategy or Direction from the ET don't even make comments on what a 'smart DE' would do. A 'smart DE' takes direction and keeps their job. By the way, there are many offices with their own CDE's who are loving this offering so far. Not as smart as you thought you were, huh?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets review what is expected....CDE team is responsible for GOLD SILVER targets. Which includes EDCS customers. Which in many cases NEED a CDE. I think it is great for patients who have to go elsewhere for education. What I dont want is this team to be servicing my customers who dont want them there (IM office with 4 doctors CDE). Go elsewhere.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's true, not everyone wants them. It's a great resource for those that want to use them, but if they don't, just move on.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's exactly what they are doing. Glad to hear you have been paying attention to messages from leadership. If they are unwanted, the office doesn't sign a Contract Agreement and the educator doesn't spend time there. It's a simple formula. It's very obvious that the people who are uptight about this new program just haven't been listening.