AV Temecula Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is it happening today....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your Super was an idiot. Ex-US experience on any resume, not just an internal one at ABT, is a huge Gold Star across the top, no matter what the position is.... it can always be polished on a resume. A night shift janitor in Costa Rica that sweeps floors can be a lead mentoring position for manufacturing engineers. It could double their salary when they return to US position, if they even want to come back

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope...FDA is in Santa Clara so the layoffs are postponed until later this month....dammit!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard some 50 people got cut at the Zevo facility, can someone confirm?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well.... Were there any layoffs today???

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard of any Temecula layoffs from my source yet. Based on what he told me it will be in Feb. though. Mostly the production line for the heart stents as I've said before. No idea on others impacted.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still expecting the whole 2nd production line to go bye bye soon and some of those people will be moved to 1st shift. Not sure when.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news on the Temecula/Murrieta front????? Audits are over until mid-March so I expect the lay-offs that were suppose to happen two weeks ago are going to happen soon....Can anyone confirm?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On Wednesday my friend.

Source: Production manager

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea how many and what departments will be affected?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15-20% across most departments. Obviously production will take the beating with 2nd shift being axed

Ultimately, they are trying to get TEM down to around 1500 employees.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET IT BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place is eating my soul...........

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

leads were already asked to step down to an operator (keeping same pay) role to have emore flexability of movement.

The writing on the wall is either this week or the following. God help all those that will be affected and curse those making the decision.

I hear 2/20 is doomsday.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is sucking the soul out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please just give me a package so I can be on my merry way!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hearing that it may be Thursday too...two days of lay-offs???? Anyone???

16. Really peope! Get a grip! You have no contrd ol over these decisions, sitrd for a back relax, and dont work so hard for a soulless corporration that only cares about its top 10%. I say organize a show of force. work slow, screw production slowly.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not happening', doesnt make sense to shut down 2nd shift...need that shift to ensure production can meet customer needs. However, with performance appraisals completed if u have a bad appraisal, you have a great chance of getting hit the next round of layoffs...it seems like every Wednesday is the day! Check the history and use that as your guide instead of going crazy every Wednesday....good luck

Regards

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last poster you are incorrect. 2nd shift is being cut and some people moved to 1st shift. I imagine they'll keep the best in both shifts and merge them into the 1st shift. A high level supervisor there told me this. He is from 2nd shift and has been told he's moving to 1st shift when the layoffs happen. Costa Rica is slowly ramping up and 2nd shift in Temecula is no longer needed. Outsourcing at its finest. Save probably millions of $ per year moving manf. out of the US. It was just a matter of time and I'm surprised it took this long. I don't know if it's happening today but I heard late Feb. Doubt it will be the last round either unless it's more than 500 people.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So no layoff in Temecula? I heard shipping department received a package from Corporate same as last layoff.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares if there is a layoff, Abbott under pays amost all of us low end workers, making millions for miles, yet our year end bonuses go unannounced. Most who are layed off and are ready to commute a little farther see pay increase by 30-60%