Invega Sustenna

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by Anonymous, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, trying to get into the biz. A buddy told me about this new product and said that I should try to get in on it. Do you know if Janssen is hiring a specialty sales force to sell Sustenna?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Invega Sustenna is an excellent medicine. The one month dosing will benefit the patient a lot. Its all about helping the patient, not the money, all of thats covered under insurance hopefully.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will this grow me some tits like risperdal? It works great on young boys!

4. KRG

KRG Guest

gonna be a game changer!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Don't get too excited, it's still invega. Could be once a year, docs don't like the drug. Invega share shows it."

Sad the way these boards are full of largely ignorant sales reps bitching with each other.

Invega is a failure because it offers few advantages over generic Risperdal

Invega Sustenna will be launching well before ANY generic depot products go generic

Once monthly vs twice monthly is quite an advantage, although I'd wonder if psychs actually like to have patients in more often to monitor them? Maybe not.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Around $1023.10 per injection of Sustenna

Abilify cost around $586.00 for 30 pills

Risperidone generic cost $50.00 for 30 pills

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me guess. No Medicaid coverage either?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

zyprexa and seroquel cost around $1,000 for 30 pills that will give the patient diabetes so add on the cost of that medicine and then assume the patient will lose at least half of all that medication so the government will have to pay to replace that.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is supposed to be what you are for. Create or define the need and fill it with your products. Your not worth much otherwise. If you can't sell a product any anything other than being "priced right", go sell greeting cards. I have Sustenna on 4 formularies in 8 weeks over pharmacy objections. Find the right supporters and drive business and win. Dingleberry.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once monthly is a major advantage for the patient. Getting stuck with a needle every 2 weeks is distressful. Invega is average medicine that has potential for nasty side effects if used for extended periods of times.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anybody know the reimbursement rate for sustenna? What seem to be the biggest hurdle in new patient starts

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no. Dennis works.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

grow up

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AKATHISIA: A neurologic side effect of antipsychotic medication, another neuroleptic induced movement disorder that is reversible by lowering the dose of the anitpsychotic or changing to another one that does not cause this terrible feeling subjectively of restlessness and objective evidence like pacing the units cant sit still, its horrible.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is sale of Sustenna going? with the lack of talk I can assume Sustenna is falling short of expectations.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

everything at janssen is falling short of expectations so whats new?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are expectations and then there is reality. Funny how the two never match here at J&J. When was the last time a brand, operating company, comp plan, R&D approval ever hit an expectation or forecast? Last one I can remember is 2003, maybe???

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some daft comments as always on here...

Risperdal was eroded by generic risperidone, because generic risperidone was a cheaper copy. Overal, J&Js sales therefore dropped.

Invega Sustenna will obviously erode share from Consta, but given they're both J&J products, there is no issue.

Generic Consta wont be around until 2013 or later, so there is no great hurry. In any case, Sustenna will help to further strengthen J&J's offerings vs competitors.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know which month Sustenna actually became available in the US (assuming it now is)

Thanks

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

234mg $1689.96
    156mg $1126.57
    117mg $844.90
    78mg $563.27
    39mg $281.63