Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your insurance does not cover medications and you do not have the money then the price is still too much. So lower the price for those who really need it, so they can buy it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not how the real world works. You price it so that ENOUGH people can afford it and you can make money. No for-profit company is in the business of making sure EVERYONE can afford their product.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and there are many avenues to get our Novo products free or at a reduced price. Patient assistance programs, samples from physicians, income dependent programs, and etc...

If we didn't charge for the drugs we wouldn't have any. The US is the only free market in the pharma industry. We must recoup here to pay for the low or minimal prices we get in the rest of the world. R&D and production cost don't go away. Spend $300M in development on a 15 year patent that starts day one of discovery, not when the product hits the market. That only give a company 7-10 years to recoup development cost, profit, and investing for the future.

If you don't like it, don't buy it...that's capitalism and a free market environment.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Love this product, it has helped a great deal, however, I am on OAP and cannot
    affort this - when is Nova going to have this covered by goveernment medical
    plan, it is literally saving people's life and lowering the side effects of diabetes

I wish I could afford it but budget just too tight

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

I call BS on this post. Sounds like a Novo lawyer or mgr trying to do damage control. I bet they tried saying this with NovoSeven as well. According to out POA training video, Vic is covered on 93% of healthcare plans.

Nice try though...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also love Victoza, being on it for four months, but have just been informed by my prescription plan that they will no longer pay for this drug and I was paying $130 month with whatever they were paying for two pens. They want me to use Byetta and I haven't checked to see if they will pay for all of this. Victoza really does work and lowered my A1C from 7.1 to 6.2 in three months. I am concerned about switching as it took me a few weeks to get accustomed to Victoza.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll get used to Byetta very quickly. It's as effective as Victoza, and don't let anyone tell you differently. The only draw back is that it's twice a day...not once a day like Victoza. Also, Byetta (10mcg) is less expensive than Victoza (1.8mg)...about $100 per month....$1200+ per year. The cost difference may possibly effect your co-pay and lower it. Also, in a month or two Byetta will be dosed in a convenient once per week shot. That's right....once per week. This change by your formulary coverage may be a blessing in disguise.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another glorious victim of the US lack-of-healthcare system. The cost of a three pen box in Europe is about half of this, and Patients in many countries get it free.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor bleeding heart. We should give away everything for free, right?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a simple philosophical difference, the western european consensus is that Healthcare is not a commodity like DVD players, cars or lawn sprinklers but rather something you should get according to need rather than ability to pay. Any european political party pushing an even slightly different position would be annihilated at the polls first chance the electorate would get.

It is different in the US and it seems eternally to remain so. As with all deep-seated philosophical differences neither side seems willing or able to comprehend the position of the opposite party.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was born with no balls.
    Or, had he was, he can not find a woman with whom to breed.
    Ass Head, poster, if you had to pay for the birth of your child, it would cost you $20,000. That is way more than your IC. F'ing idiot. Grow up. Who the hell do you think pays for your insurance? Get an education. Who the fuck hired you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whenever you see this much profanity used you can be assured it is someone in management who did the posting.

The Novo Way of Management

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, some do have insurance but because the company has not made any real effort to get them a plan that pays for anything except generics. For brand name items we pay out of the butt. Figure what 20% of $499.00 is , yep too much money. And yes it is a deciding factor for me as to what drug I'm going to take. This reminds me of why the protestors are sitting in town square or the park, GREED every one is looking to make as much money as possible at someone elses expense. I have a job making over 50,000 a year and have insurance and still have to make a decision will it be medicine, food, or gas. Something just ain't right.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

However, it isn't Novo's responsibility to make sure EVERYONE can afford Victoza, smart guy. They just have to make sure that ENOUGH people can afford it where they can make a significant profit from it. It's called running a business...you should look it up sometime.

Just like your example of child birth above. Not everyone can afford insurance, and it's not the insurance company's responsibility to make insurance affordable for everyone. They just have to make it affordable enough where enough people can buy it and the insurance company makes money. See the trend here?

But, you must be right...I'm the idiot. Go read a book sometime.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Victoza will cost more than Bydureon. But that won't matter. Victoza is superior by .2. That 2 tenths point will resonate with doctors, and that will make all the difference. Victoza will retain it's business because it has a smaller needle. The fact that you have to take a daily shot vs weekly won't matter. If you believe this crap....I've got some shit to sell you. Bydureon is going to kick our ass!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bydureon will kick YOUR ass because you're too fucking stupid to sell against it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you have to use naughty words? It hurts my feelings. Also, we are not that dumb, but you're right that we will get our rumps kicked.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will do role-play after role-play to learn how to sell against Bydureon!!!

Just you wait and see! Novo rocks!!!!

Just kidding. We are in for an ass-whooping.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go educate yourself on what Bydureon is and isn't. After doing so, if you still think Bydureon is going to kick our ass, then go get a job somewhere else. Bydureon will be a major flop....unless you're too stupid to sell against it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm an employee of Novo. I think our drugs are great. Now let's examine Bydureon. Victoza beat Bydureon in their own study......1.5 A1C drop vs. 1.3. Great! We will exploit that fact. We will say Victoza is more effective etc etc. However, Amylin will counter with .2 not being that relevant....and that other studies show greater A1C reduction well beyond 1.3. I don't think our efficacy argument will go very far. Their needle is a 23 to 25 gage (SQ...not IM like some of the dopes who post). That's bigger than our 32 or their 31. Will that make a difference to someone already used to needles? I personally don't think it will be an issue. I could be wrong. Also, compliance with a once a week will probably be better than a once a day. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right. 365 days a week vs 52 times sounds more appealing to me. It probably will sound appealing to new patients going on a needle product. I could be wrong....but I'm probably not.

I think the greatest lie the Satan wanted you to believe in C.S. Lewis' "Screw Tape Letters" is that the devil doesn't exist. Think about it.