Retail Cost Of Victoza = 3 pen box is 499.98

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I found this link to the Bydureon step-by-step injection guide on the Amylin site:

http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/pdfviewer.aspx?isAttachment=true&documentid=24669

In theory, you make a good argument--QW with slightly less efficacy and a slightly bigger needle would have a good chance of beating Victoza. But, as you see in this guide, it's SO much more than that. Bydureon will sell on one thing and one thing only: CONVENIENCE. Take a look at those instructions and tell me whether or not you would do it and if it would be convenient. Now, ask yourself: will the average Type 2 diabetic do it? I really don't think so. I could be worng, but I doubt it. This product will be too complicated.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A agree that they wii run with the convenience message, and that it will be appealing to docs and patients. Once a week is a powerful message. However, I don't agree that that will be the only message they run on. Keep in mind there are other studies that show a consistent pattern of A1C north of 1.5, and that message will also strike a cord. I think you're a little too dismissive of Byetta's/Bydureons efficacy, and too superior with ours. They have a lot of efficacy data that will play well. As far as the instructions, I've seen the web-site, and how it operates. The instructions are one thing. The actual implementation is another. European blogs that talk about it say it's easy to use. The complication message might play when it initially launches, but that's because the doctor will be ignorant. However, once they see it, the complication message will go quickly by the wayside.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are going to get our ass kicked.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They r both prior approval in my welfare driven territory - when the sunshine act kicks in, my top writers will be hiding under they desks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If efficacy REALLY mattered, then Januvia & Onglyza would be busts. However, they aren't. Convenience is what sells those drugs and nothing else. Docs go with the convenient option and not the best option. Bydureon can come out with a study showing that they lower A1c by 3%, and it stil won't get used. I'm not saying that Victoza is farly superior in efficacy to Bydureon; I'm just saying it doesn't matter. QD with Victoza is still more convenient than QW with Bydureon. Maybe I'm worng, but I doubt it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't mean to be offensive, but I don't understand you're analysis. It appears to be rather black and white. Help me to understand (sorry for the rep cliche sound bite), but I don't your statement that "QD Victoza is still more convenient that QW Bydureon." How is Vic more convenient? Thanks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beavis: What?
    Butt-head: Uh... I dunno, what?
    Beavis: What the hell are you talking about?

Butt-head: Uh... Beavis? I hope you were joking.
    Beavis: Uh... Oh yeah. That's pretty funny.
    Butt-head: Dumbass!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's actually funny how dumb you are. Also, you're like a troll.....1:47am posting.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not. I was wrong.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Rpatient not on medical plan= 3 pen box is 499.98

Read: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK. I'll read "Atlas Shrugged," and I'll get back with you. Geesh!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We only chare $499 cuz our company has made a committment to change diabetes and ultimately discover a cure -- and to follow that path we need nice cars, lavish bonuses for management, and huuker fuuking party's in vegas(POA meetings).

That mouse kiiller is a bargain at that price!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try /www.northwestpharmacy.com $283.00 3 pens 1 month supply at 1.8 dose

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you miss the point entirely. Oral's are easier for a doc bc they write a script and send them out the door. A doc has to explain an injection regardless of what it is, so if docs are going to go thru the trouble of explaining something they want as little resistance as possible.

What is a patient most likely to resist?

an every day shot or a once a week shot?

Cost- bydureon already priced about $200 less than Victoza a month. Both will ultimately be Tier 2 copays. But Victoza requires a 2nd copay for needles, bydureon includes needles.

efficacy-docs will experience better efficacy w bydureon in part bc they will use it after met. Docs still get mediocre response w Victoza because they typically wait until to start until after 3 or 4 Oral's have failed.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good Lord. You're going to get eaten up and spit out with that line. I would think that Amylin had learned the market in the last years, but you really don't have a clue. It's a little bit sad.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes we have ordered from the canadian companies, and they are very effective. Hope this helps you a little.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With our high deductible insurance plan this rx is way out of reach, thru the 90-day mail order pharmacy the price is just a tad under $700. I know this goes towards deductible but thats $2500, and I don't qualify for the Patient Assistance program. I tried a sample from my doctor and it worked great, but cannot afford to fill the prescription. Same with Januvia and Byetta.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cheap if you ask me...