NeurogesX

Discussion in 'NeurogesX' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any openings, or plans for expansion?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed for this position but backed away. Something seemed fishy. I call on inteventional pain management and no one has even sniffed at this product. It seems like it could really cut down on opiod analgesics, but there are some logistic issues that need to be ironed out.

It is my understanding that the patient needs to be monitored for an hour, that is time and an exam room that could be used for another patient.

You do not want that patient out in the waiting room for monitoring in case the patient experiences some kind of skin related side effect.

Great concept, just tough with the logistics.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is what we are all saying now! What physician in their right mind would tie up a patient room that long and in the end maybe end up with 60 bucks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is what I will say:
    This is s great therapy that docs have never seen. Non narcotic that is procedure based. I'm not killing it today but money will come. Reps that bitch and want it easy will FAIL here. This is s product that's makes you part of the practice which is what we all strive for. The reimbursement will come, the issue of taking up a pt room are nominal for the right doc.I'm in the field right now and loving it. When was the last time pharma reps were involved in a docs practice like this. If your looking at this company and a potential rep or investor don't believe some of the BS you read on here. Take it from a rep in the field....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second that. This company will survive, and the people that work hard and smart will benefit. The folks that are spending their time complaining and whining will not.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope it does. Really. I was in medical device and debated a switch to this position. I was poster #42. I think that reimbursement will improve over time and getting something brand new is never easy. It sounds great, but these folks fall back on what they know.

I am getting ready for the weekend and I hope you all have a great one. Just hang in there. I want to see this company stick in there and survive this tough time. Just keep plugging away and you are building those relationships. These people recognize that.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but they are already looking to find a buyer. The launch has been well below par. In the coming weeks you will see managers that will be let go and others leave voluntarily. If you are not currently looking for an alternative job, then you are doing yourself a horrible injustice. The volume that is being sold right now will never support the pay checks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would some managers leave voluntarily? Would they offer any kind of severence package? Why would they give up during launch mode? Not buying the below post...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you see what is happening? The company is sinking and nowhere near the numbers they expected. Take some advice - if you work here and you are not looking, you are doing yourself a horrible injustice. You don't want to be caught without a plan B and end up not havinga job at all.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you see this happening before the year end? Who do you think would buy this company?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#49) Do you work for this company?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and like EVERYONE on my team we are all looking...including our manager who is very cool and gets it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J may be one of the contenders. More than likely it would happen in January

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just interviewed for a job in KC not even 2 weeks ago! Why would they still be hiring sales reps?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The quote below is very good to hear, since the overall Culture of this Industry has went from Professionalism and respect for customers and peers, to CYA-your problem is your problem, deal with it, but don't expect any help from new management (in part because they are clueless and have less experience that those they are managing).

I have seen this at many Big Bio's, such as Amgen if we need to use an example, where rather than being/recognizing we are at the cutting edge and have a pro team without peers, a collegial atmosphere, etc., we are given a Manager who has never held a management position in the industry and just wants to fire TALENT because she don't like them.

Whattya think of that?

QUOTE=Anonymous;3667838]Yes, and like EVERYONE on my team we are all looking...including our manager who is very cool and gets it.[/QUOTE]

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW thank your lucky stars you have been reading this board or you would have made a huge career mistake.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company will be fine and if they are bought down the road, life goes on.. I've been through 3 buyouts and kept my job. Too many negative people on here that need to get to work and SELL!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny! Thank your lucky stars that you are reading a site that's full of gossip and rumors that usually isn't true.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been with the company since March and my sales are picking up. It's amazing what can happen when you get out there and work hard. It's a shame there are so many lazy reps!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you certainly made an idiot of yourself. Do you think this company is doing well sales-wise? You will be lucky to have 6 months more.