Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is a joke. how many trolls are on this board???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you are not calling me a troll. What does that mean anyway? I certainly owe my start in my medical sales career to the NAMSR. I have worked as a medical rep for Arrow Int'l for 2 years thanks to the NAMSR. I completed their RMSR training and utilized their employment center to find Arrow. I had never heard of the company until I found them on the NAMSR website. I would recommend the RMSR training to anyone looking to work as a Medical Device Sales rep

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been employed by several large reputable companies, Hallmark Cards, Coke, Pepsi, Colgate and J & J. I was recently laid off and did some soul searching and really like the medical field, but prefer to sell tangible items (medical device) vs intangible (pharmaceutical). I have interviewed with one device company who likes RMSR Certified candidates and from reading these posts I have decided to take the RMSR training. I do have a MBA as well and I am willing to relocate for the right opportunity. Please respond to this post if interested.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received this in an e-mail and seems to be worth your time.
    Submit your resume to Stryker today!

Stryker Medical offers results-driven people a place where they can make a difference. It is Stryker's privilege to create medical technology that exceeds our customers' expectations and improves peoples' lives around the world. They give you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential, including the possibility to move geographically, functionally, laterally and vertically.

Stryker is a broadly based, global leader in medical technology that consistently delivers exceptional results. We are one of the largest players in the $28.6 billion worldwide orthopaedic market and our products improve medical professionals' and patients' lives in over 120 countries.
    ($95k-$225k)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR Certificationis a marketability booster. First, certification training listed on your resume demonstrates your ability and your desire to stay current; this is no small task in the medical industry where skills can become obsolete as quickly as they became cutting edge. Second, it shows that you take initiative, a trait many employers look for. The medical field continues to be a worker's market. Almost anyone who's any good at all is able to get work. But when it comes to landing just the position you're after, you'll always benefit by differentiating yourself from your competitors, especially when it comes to the more desirable positions.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the TROLL is back LOL

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to use this forum to extend thanks and my appreciation to the National Association of Medical Sales Representative staff for everything you have done to help me with my RMSR Medical Sales Certification. The medical sales training was wonderful and extremely informative about the medical device industry. Having no experience in the field, it is always so much more solid to possess industry training and credentials when applying for positions. You have been so helpful and supportive during this "leap" I am looking forward to working as a Medical Device Rep with GE Medical.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it. I really enjoyed the RMSR Ttraining. It was interesting and informative. I enjoyed it more to your than any of my university courses which I took long ago. The Employment Center was vital as that is where I found my new medical sales job. Good job to all at the association.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14 years with major med companies...MDT, BSC, etc...never heard of this.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I was into stage three of an interview with a company and the recruiter recommended I take this course to further my chances if I wanted the job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do recommend GlobalMedical Alliance as a good company. Their services are free but they require all reps to have their RMSR Certification before they hire them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seven years in device, first I heard of it...I'm on my third interview for another device job and I am nervous that they never brought it up...
    Maybe because it is bs

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha. touche

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for a large staffing firm which recruits for medical sales reps and many of our large medical clients will ask for as well as seek out the RMSR training in resumes. I recommend this training to several of our candidate clients. The RMSR training should help you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I certainly owe my start in my medical sales career to the NAMSR. I have worked as a medical rep for Arrow Int'l for 2 years thanks to the NAMSR. I completed their RMSR training and utilized their employment center to find Arrow. I had never heard of the company until I found them on the NAMSR website. I would recommend the RMSR training to anyone looking to work as a Medical Device Sales rep.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is hilarious. two posts back to back, with positive comments. anybody reading this thread and moves forward with the class is a total r*****.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work for Arrow came from B2B and have never heard of NAMSR. You could have saved your $ and still got the job . If you are still with Arrow after 2 years you are not that smart more $ to be made elsewhere.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think you can break into medical device sales without any industry training or education then you are dreaming. DME companies look for education, training and/or certification from applicants. Without it you will not be called in for interviews, I can guarantee it. I work for Stryker and we would never look at applicants without it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been reading the above posts and I am a little confused so I did some research. From what I researched the RMSR Certification is certainly a factor in getting selected for interviews and qualifying for jobs. Most companies I researched recognize and certainly prefer RMSR certified candidates. Below is information from a recent Arrow Medical job posting:

Arrow International, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of catheter- based therapeutic products. From advanced catheters to cardiac assist devices, everything we make is carefully engineered to address the clinical needs of physicians, nurses and patients.

Qualifications (Medical Sales Associate): Previous employment, education or certification in the areas of nursing, medical devices or medical sales with a strong healthcare background are essential.
    Only serious inquiries, please. Position is available immediately. Please send resume and references.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to thank who ever from CafePharma sent me info on the above blog post about Arrow not paying our reps very well. As a District Sales Mgr. for several years with Arrow I can confirm that we have an excellent compensation package for all of our medical reps. Most of our sales reps have been with us for several years and look forward to a long career with our company.

I can also inform you that applicants who possess medical device industry it will always be a positive attribute. Whether it is the RMSR Certification or the AIMS Sales training it is all important and looked highly upon from the employer perspective.