2014 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The root of our failure is our leadership (lack there of) and the quality. all Quest did was musical chairs with the incompetent physician managers, most of these managers are task oriented NOT STRATEGIC if you were incompetent, uneducated_, and had a pulse you were promoted to lead a team of people with
    varied backgrounds, goals and have a higher education then the dumb asses that were assigned to "lead" them. Many are so busy relishing in the idea that they are the "chosen" therefore, they MUST be important and qualified, I say give it time the ship is sinking faster then expected and the top is usually the first to feel the pressure unfortunately s**t rolls down hill so expect Q1 threats and tyranny. It will be interesting how this all plays out since NO ONE is doing well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the average lab employee knew the kind of bucks many people pull down in HQ for doing very little and certainly nothing that adds value, they would be shocked.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steve...share your bonus with employees that scrub your company's toilets. Wouldn't that be a nice thing to do for a change? It would even make the news! You'd be a hero!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Save it, you old fool. How about I stop fixing all of your dumb mistakes that only old people make? Let me guess, you earned the right to be a moron too? It looks like it from the way you whine. That's all old people are these days, whiners.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumb mistakes? My Sh*t knows more about clinical diagnostics than you would ever learn in your lifetime. Smell it once in a while. Maybe it will rub off on you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"mistakes that only old people make" The biggest mistake made by a couple of old people was when your mom and dad got together one night and made you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct, except that pathetic imbecile was not born through normal channels. He came into being after his mother overdosed on ex lax.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh ... And happy holidays as well!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep!!! I totally agree with you!! Well said!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The older employees DO whine a LOT!

'Ohhhh my back hurts"
    "Ohh we USED to have nice Christmas dinners at our company....not anymore..."
    "Ohhhh I need to only work Tues, Wed, Thurs and have off Mon and Fri..and Tues I can only work 4 hours..."
    'Ohhh this computer, I don't understand it...let me spend an HOUR on the phone with the Help Desk bc I 'think' I forgot my password..."
    'Oooh there is an inch of snow...I can't come in!"

Sound familiar??
    Don't tell me how they act! I see it every damn day!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I------and the bottom line-------dispute the squatters who say "because I've been here so long I have more value."

Your performance TODAY is what matters, it is what you are being paid for. The party is over. Perform. Now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could post all that crap right here. I see it all.

I don't think it would do any good and there would be many hurt feelings. For real.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is way tooooooooo funny.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #50 LOL. That does sum it up! Hilarious!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe it would be much more than hurt feelings.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, older workers may say and do all those things, but guess what--young (particularly very young workers), do it more often. Where is all this animosity and hatred for old folks coming from? The vitriol coming from these posts is truly disturbing.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes this is disturbing, I have been with quest for over 20 years and I came from a generation that you give 100% at work, be grateful you have a job and no one owes you anything except a payceck for a days work. Funny the whining I hear comes from the younger generation, the entitlement attitude, I don't work nights, I don't work weekends or past five, I should make 80-90 in base dispute ones lack of experience or education, I deserve a fancier car to drive have the company pay for my home internet blah blah blah....one can only hope we are healthy enough or have the desire to work in our later years as many do bring experience and knowledge to the table if your willing to learn from it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is really disgusting. Remember you will be old too, one day. And maybe there is someone looking at you right now and thinking you are old to them.
    And you want to be in the Healthcare industry?
    You sound like an idiot. Young, immature, stupid and obviously naive.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not about being old... its about being old and unproductive... and there really is a lot of that... of course, there's plenty of young and unproductive, too. All the good people who can leave have already left.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quest does not exactly have a stellar record on the aging workforce...many VSP folks were "pushed", a number of discrimination lawsuits, etc.etc.