When Does The Cymbalta Patent Expire?

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corrected.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think anything is in the works. They're in the process now of reorganizing and laying off staff. Have already outsourced IT and plenty of internal positions. Lots of mumbo jumbo about how we have the strongest pipeline ever. Still will cut people first. People are NOT the most valuable resource.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. Even with the pediatric extension (Dec 2013), a $3-billion fiscal cliff of lost Cymbalta revenue looms in 2014. The market doesn't appear to be concerned. Yet. Looks like many the company has done a far better job convincing market analysts of a golden pipeline than employees.

Their mouths go one way, their feet the other.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

because even that is too advanced for Lilly! We tried to run an isomer play with fluoxetine prior to the Prozac patent expiration but Lilly couldn't make that happen either.

Ol'Timer

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like $5+ bill. They won't convince employees of anything because they're in the process of firing us---oh sorry, reorganizing and right sizing. They can provide all the lip service to the world they want, but when large numbers of employees are without jobs, who would be so stupid as to believe them. If those products are that promising and anywhere near close, they wouldn't be slashing staff.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, Lilly first tries to do it without manipulating the molecules. Remember Sarafem? Remember Prozac Weekly? Remember Keflex? Keftab? Keflet? Why bother the research chemists if you don't have to.

At least in the old days they had enough research capability to do mirror image molecules. Remember Darvon? And Novrad?

Are you a real Ol' Timer?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The slaughter will go in phases. April is the first leg. July another leg. By October, there will be a LOT of pissed off people. All the while John laughs all the way to the bank.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's going to affect Biomedicines more in July but diabetes next year

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ol' Timer. I've only been following CP for six months but you my friend have the most insight, candor and sense of style that LLY misses. Too bad this is anonymous because I'd love to meet you! Thanks for your blogs! Keep them coming.

10. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Lilly might just best change it's business model, shrinking, abandoning from it's pie-in-the-sky dreams, and manufacturing generics itself. The increased competition would be welcome by consumers, whom companies like this have really shafted in the past with their pricing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. WTF does a company like this need a thousand lawyers at 250k+ per year?

There would be plenty of good patent meds, if you have a good scientist base.

Right now, nothing but a bunch of scared chickens in the labs and offices

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Manufacturing generics itself?" Really? Does Lilly really have people who still know how to make stuff anymore?

It is a nice thought, but I am not sure Lilly could consistently meet FDA manufacturing standards....nobody at Lilly remembers how to do that.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nah, we paid McKinsey about a gazillion dollars for them to interview King John Lil and a few of his court jesters to cook up a report that reflected their desire to be innovation focused. So the generics pipe dream isn't happening until we get a CEO who has a little heart for the generics side of the industry.

When will Lilly ever kick the management consulting habit? We were on the road to recovery in the not too distant path and then we had a fierce relapse and have been on the downward spiral ever since.

I mean think about this: we pay these brilliant, integrity devoid hacks a gazillion dollars for them to recommend FIPNET, but don't ever think about how these guys are owners or major investors in the companies that replace our dearly beloved and respected employees, resulting in another gazillion dollars going back into their fat pockets. Covance, Fischer Scientific, Johnson Controls, Aramark, H-P, Tata, ZS, Ventiv, etc. are all a part of this Fraud.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I called the manufacturer. I spoke to their public relations department. They said they have no information regarding the expiration of the Cymbalta patent. REALLY...REALLY! REALLY?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expiration of Cymbalta in United States is December 10 or 11, 2013.

Lilly will NOT make a generic! Though similar to Prozac Lilly will continue to manufacture Cymbalta if a patient would like the brand name. However, the brand name Cymbalta made by Lilly will not be covered by insurance companies so patients would have to pay cash.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The overseas Cymbalta has been just as good or better for many years now, at a small fraction of the price. Google it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You clearly no nothing regarding this industry. If you don't like the price don't buy it!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sold Pharma for over 10 yrs. It's a joke and ripoff like the rest of our healthcare system. I took cymbalta for 2 yrs for fibro and now have a $200 co-pay. So now I live off Aleve. Its BS but will never change. Own it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't have a $200 co-pay. If your paying $200 your insurance doesn't cover it and your paying the full amount for the drug. Get better insurance.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah the company goes down but old Leichleiter has his millions and I mean millions for his retirement.

Maybe.

The golden parachute threads are being cut folks. Get what you can and get out asap.