Quest IT Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT Enterprise Application Development.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Under when you do not get severance...
    · When the Plan Administrator determines that under the circumstances, or because of misconduct after termination, it would not be in the best interests of the company to provide severance under this Plan.

And then there's this section
    The company reserves the complete and absolute right to terminate, suspend or modify the Plan in whole or in part at any time without notice. No benefits are vested or accrued in connection with the Plan at any time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah - there is that.....
    :(

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meeting this Wednesday at 1:30p to consummate the selling of our souls... I'm really kind of surprised after today's manager meeting that no details are leaking out yet...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The mgrs were probably threatened.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone looked DOWN..... THE PLACE IS filled with walking dead
    The best part is that the call in number was sent with "PLEASE do not forward" LOL
    Just waiting for someone to post that and TW's cell number from his Out of Office message....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I understand the WiPro contract being announced tomorrow covers 95% of IT Infrastructure so over 1400 jobs. Everyone below L5 is toast and probably half of them will be as well. A few from the project office may stick around to ease the transition beyond the 90 days but ultimately their time is numbered as well. HR will be contacting people to give them an end date but everyone should be out the door by Thanksgiving at the latest.

JH was definitely trying to find ways to weasel out of paying severance packages.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But the key question is - did he find a way?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's no lawyer. Anybody with half a legal-brain would know that the lawsuits would make the severance payouts look like peanuts. As soon as one person files a lawsuit, there will be 1500 more jumping on board, so Quest needs to do the right thing and pay people for and what's been outlined in Quest policy, and what they've earned.

Before you accuse me of not "earning" anything, I've personally spent hundreds of hours working on weekends, after-hours and away from my family for Quest. I'm salaried, so one could argue that I don't not get paid for these hours regardless of what is expected from a salaried FTE...I've gone above and beyond. If someone thinks differently, I challenge them to explain why. I'll work circles around that person because I'm confident in my skills and know that any failures of IT have absolutely nothing to do with me or my work.

BTW - I'm off today working on my own DR plan, so keep snarky comments about being on a forum during work hours to yourself. ;)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His first plan was top offer a bunch of people crappy jobs to replace the ones they have, instead of giving them severance, hoping they'd quit. I know of 4 people working with lawyers to sue over constructive termination, and I guess there would be more I don't know about.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT under TW has 1400, inf under JD has 425+. Guessing 300 of the 425 will get let go. Still ALOT of families will be effected with this. Quest will suffer dearly in next 12-18 months with this, but I'm betting in 2-3 yrs they will bring back in house. But by that time CEO and friends will have made their millions in bonuses for "cutting costs" and move on.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salaried = indentured servant

Take the hours you actually work and figure out the "real" hourly rate. Including all the middle of the night and weekend hours which many people in IT Infrastructure who support production systems end up working. And then coming in the next morning and still putting in a full day. That might be biting into that supposed "gain" the big boys at Quest think they are going to get with this outsourcing.

By the time the business (including all you sales people on this forum) figure out what is going on then it will be too late. At this point I am fine with going. Gonna take my package and hit the road and go work for a company that actually wants me to work for them.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said it perfectly. Don't want us? Good luck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's their loss to lose such good people. So sad. I hope there's an end to all this.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't ya just love to see everyone sit and find a way to save money without cutting a single job? What a cruel world.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually one could argue the point that there is more to be made by actually growing the business as opposed to slashing. But hey, what do I know.

Anyway, everybody in IT ready for the big meeting? This is where JH and TW announce that they are burning IT Infrastructure to the ground.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is a way , unfortunately it means the head honchos would not get 2.5 million each per year just a measly couple of hundred thousand and how could they possibly life the life style they are now accustomed to on that !

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Infrastructure is over... I guess we'll know shortly the actual date. But it is absolutely confirmed, IT is over.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely... Time to let your stock mature for a few months, let it grow, and absolutely dump it after at most 12 months... It is going to drop, BIG TIME.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not all of IT. Local on-site desktop staff is out-of-scope.