HOW DOES GAMMA COMPARE TO TFN???

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2006 at 11:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

GAMMA OR SYNTHES TFN BETTER

Poll closed Sep 2, 2006.
  1. GAMMA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. TFN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SAME

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sue your doctor for being a shitty surgeon.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you...I needed a good laugh and I got one.

Seriously, do you think it is a dr issue?
    In his report, it almost sounds like he is blaming the "tfn nail".

I found this blog by trying to research complications with
    tfn nails.

The leg fracture caused me to be in a wheelchair for 2.5 months.
    If it were just a hip repair, I would have been rehabing quickly.
    I was non-wt bearing for 2.5 months due to femur fracture and I
    am not happy about it.

Thanks...I need opinions!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was it a hip or femur fracture? They are two very different things. Given your age TFN would not be indicated for a femur fracture. Without seeing pre and post op x-rays I don't think anyone has any real advice to give you. Try getting a second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon and stop asking questions on a message board.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dont know why people on message boards are so mean...I guess cause they can be.

I just happened to be researching-as most of us do these days online.
    I was searching for tfn nail complications.
    That is all....didn't come to a message board to solve my issue.

Just looking for friendly advice from people that might have information/exp
    with TFN nails.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your on the wrong board, idiot

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How pleasant.....is it ignorant people or kindergarten children that call people names?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you say you broke your hip, was it a femoral neck fracture or was there an additional fracture in the proximal femur? if it was a femoral neck fracture other than a base of neck fracture a cephalomedullary nail (such as a TFN or Gamma) would not be indicated.

When you say the femur cracked under the rod/tfn, do you know if this was a short tfn or a long tfn? A pre-op x-ray would show whether or not there was more than just a neck fracture. You might have also had a shaft fracture as well. was a distal screw used? were you compliant? did you fall sometime after surgery?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After selling the ITST for Zimmer for a couple of years, then being blessed enough to sell the TFN. Holy shit, what a difference. Time, effort and stress are all lessened with the TFN. Its the easiest implant to put in, by far. Stryker can try all they want, but the gamma guys are not as widespread as they once were and the reasons are ease of use and efficacy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about S&N's Intertan nail? I hear they have good clinical data now. Did S&N produce this study?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are referring to the recent JOT article there are a few reports of usage out of one institution. And I believe the author(s) were sponsored by S&N.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ur an idiot.....can some synthes rep please tell me the last time they converted a gamma user without piggy backing contracts, pricing agreements or new fellowship program???

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, I converted 6 surgeons benifits and ease of use alone.
    no problem it's easy

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the problem with Anonymous message boards. Everyone runs their mouth with no regard for thier own reputation. You all sound like a bunch of bitches talking smack behind the cover of anonymity.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last week thanks to your voulntary recall letter.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gamma and TFN are good products. The TFN with probably a higher usage rate and ramping. However, the best nail which is fairly new is the Trigen Intertan by Smith and Nephew. If you've never seen the results or seen one go in, there is little to argue about.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you serious? I've heard there are issues with instruments, complicated technique and breakages. little to argue about? what is the opening drill bit and what is the size of the proximal nail dimensions? do you really want a press fit in the proximal femur for a fracture?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said, #56

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker never get's a perfect nail system. They always want to improve the current nail. But you won't be succesful if you only improve from Gamma 1 to 2 to 3. You must set a new standard.

And this new standard is Intertan. Look on the papers, clinical studies, trials and JOT issues. The summary is a nail system with a rotational stabilty & intertrochanteric compression tool which really works very well.

And by the way: Synthes TFN is a fuckin' nail. Synthes is only good on plates & screws.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wait til the NJ AG looks into Synthes relationships and the AO and them sending doctors to Switzerland for "fellowships"