Zimmer's New Knee System...Persona

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try tool, is that what you're telling your surgeons? Biomet AND Zimmer developed E-Poly in a partnership with MIT, FACT! Nexgen takes a 2mm trochlea cut so you don't overstuff the PFJ by adding extra material on the lateral condyle.

All of the other knee designs resect about 4-6 mm from the anterior femur, but then add an additional 2-3 mm to the already resected 4-6 mm of metal to the PFJ, which then leads to overstuffing, FACT!!

This is exactly why they're revising all those clunking Sigma's, patellar tilting Vanguards and Triathlons and just plane garbage Journey and Genesis knees!!!!

Better go back to sales training or fire your sales manager before you make a fool out of yourself.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please explain. Seriously. I've heard this, but know little as to why this happens with that knee

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's some good news...

DEVICE: ZIMMER PERSONA KNEE SYSTEM
    ZIMMER INC. 510(k) NO: K113369(TRADITIONAL)
    ATTN: KELLI ANDERSON PHONE NO : 574 371 8087
    P.O. BOX 708 SE DECISION MADE: 27-MAR-12
    WARSAW IN 46581 0708 510(k) SUMMARY AVAILABLE FROM FDA

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

E-poly and MIT have nothing to do with one another. Come on Zimmer rep...Mass Gen (MGH)/Harris and Cambridge poly have historically been a Zimmer poly institution. I suggest reading the UHMWPE Materials Handbook in order to get your facts straight.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come, we know zimmer are reading out of an old marketing book, all the 'FACT' quotes, just mostly out of date and sadly misguided.

The big question is whether Persona will follow Zimmer's recent trend of introducing/ replacing products with ones with worse clinical performance such as Flex...FACT.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In conjunction with MIT douche, since when does Mass Gen Hospital or any other hospital for that fact design and develope ortho devices?

C'mon Biomet rep, go back to your sales training manuals again and look how real crosslinked poly is manufactured, and then how Arcom poly is purchased through the Indiana Fisher Price plant. FACT!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news on Persona?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got it in our distributorship. Amazing system.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a Zimmer rep in the Carolina's. I just saw the Attune knee system in Central Processing. I could not believe my eyes. DePuy is cutting a troch recess for their CR knee.

1st ASR recall.... Now this! Holy shit!!! What a debacle

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm guessing that the guy who is slinging around the words 'tool' and 'douche' is a Zimmer rep? Seems a little defensive about his new knee system. By the way, it is indeed MGH. (Guess I could type 'FACT' here, but that seems too easy.)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because it won't be in anyone's hands (including consultants) till end of year. Zimmer reps always lie..... So does their company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmerox.... The copy company! Rushing to market with a new knee.... Just like that INCREDIBLE anterior stem they came up with.... Fitmore (or less)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like I was right, the performance figures in worlds largest registry, the NJR, survivorship results have dropped yet again (as per my speculation, that increasing numbers of Flex are upsetting the numbers)!
    Bring on Nexgens replacement, based on Flex technology! :)

The Nexgen has been shown to perform worse at 5 years than:
    AGC, PFC, MRK, Profix, and Triathlon and within 0.05% of Vanguard.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you must be quoting the 2011 numbers, since the 2012 report is not out yet ?
    And, can you quote the page you are reading from, since the numbers I read show differently ??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where can we find more information of the Persona knee such as design rationale and surgical technique?
    Is it already available in europe?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to Adam Sanford's linkedin page and he writes he was working on a knee system to replace 75% of Zimmie's market. This must be the persona system, which the FDA document predicates upon NexGen and the natural knee.

Adam is no longer there, and leaving just at release begs some questions. I know if I had just redesigned Zimmer's knee system, I would want a big promotion. But with recent reviews averaging crappy, there might not be a lot of room. Add to that any good reviews going to CB's princesses(there are about 15-20 mini-CB), it was even worse. So now the biggest release in Zimmie's history, and the designer is gone.

You can blame top management but mid management is slack after years of promoting yes people. Until the whole house is cleaned, turmoil will follow.

Also, here is an instrument cleaning page:
    http://www.zimmer.com/en-US/hcp/global/instrument-specific-cleaning.jspx

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is cb's princesses? 15-20 mini cb? your post makes no sense. The surgeons behind this new knee are some of the brightest in the industry so I doubt this knee system is being reviewed as averaging crappy except by competitors who always say zimmer knees are crappy.