Amedisys

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember me? I am the AE that was in Chairman's Club (obviously worked my ass off!) and decided to bail ship several months ago. I have a wonderful new job, now. The Amedisys office that I quit working for is CLOSING now after, several months of me being gone. Hmmmm, apparently I wasn't too bad of an AE, since their census declined to a fourth of what it was when I left and they are closing their doors, now. Justice is served!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing happened to me...was a huge referral producer...was let go for no good reason and the census went from 180 to about 70 in 8months...plus they haven't been able to keep an AE for more than 6 weeks since I left. Dumbasses reap what they sow!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Amedisys and I have to agree this is not the company I want to work for any longer, to answer your questions
    you are required to have at least 5 -6 patients a day, but for the most part you have 7-10 a day, and if by luck you are done early you are required to be available to work from 830am to 5pm, no ifs ands or buts, my lowest millage for a day is 54.8, the highest was two hundred,I work anywhere from 5-7 days a week, help out on weekends I am not scheduled to work and then get into trouble for having overtime, which is a joke we get paid 14 dollars an hour over time, you get paid per client and only if you see them and they sign (if not home you don't get paid at all), they send you all over the territories under the complaint that the nurse in that area is out sick or what ever, or no other nurse is available, then come to find out they did not even ask the nurse that lives 2 miles from the patient, I cover at least 5 counties in one day, I don't get paid millage to the first client or home from the last even if the client lives 55 miles away from me, them send you on late night IV cases that take hours to administer with no additional pay. They don't supply enough information to admit a patient let alone treat one properly, your lucky to get the correct name address and phone number. They will have you do a discharge on a patient that you have never seen, or a phone discharge on a patient that you may have seen months ago or not at all. I could go on and on but I am sure you all get the picture so if you have somewhere else you can go.. I beg you take the other JOB and stay clear of Amedisys!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty spot on...plus you never have the right supplies or enough supplies. Takes days sometimes to even get supplies...horrible company to work for as a clinician and a sales person.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for them and they closed the office and I was the only one without a job. THe dumbass DOO kept telling me she probably wouldn't have a job either - well then they make her the DOO at the other office on the east side and put in some dumbass Scottish kid as AE - I could have done that job I was a BOM and could do sales just as easily. The is kid is younger and was only in the company for 3 months. I filed with an attorney and the EEOC.

I am all for a class action lawsuit-count me in!!!!!!!!

Contact me thru this website I guess.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You could have easily done the job of an AE?

Based on what, do you have a business degree, do you have sales experience, do you have relationships, etc.?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At Amessitis all you need is a pulse to be an AE. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are because you have no control over your bonus or referrals. You will get treated like shit whether you have a degree or not.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THIS KIND OF MENTALITY IS THE REASON WHY AE FAIL...NO SUPPORT/ NO CONTROL....BONUS...WHAT BONUSES...REFERRALS ONLY IF THE PHYSCO DOO'S APPROVE THEM...WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THIS JOB...THEY HAVE TO LIE TO THE PEOPLE TO GET THEM TO TAKE...IF THEY TOLD THE TRUTH PEOPLE WOULD RUN....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I beg to differ they do use GPS.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tend to agree. they said they were elminating this tactic but I think that was bullshit. Just like ole Billy Bob wasn't gaming Medicare. Now pass them there red beans and rice son. Yea Haw!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are out of your mind son. You have too much ragin cajin on your mind. to much corn bread and crawdads.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a CTC and we were told about a week before Thanksgiving that we have to be on call for holidays! So the CTCs and AEs have to be on call to go to the facilities and get the referrals and meet the patients! On Thanksgiving,Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! I realize that clinicians work holidays...don't get me wrong I'm an RN who has worked tons of holidays, but that's why I left the hospital! I was told in my interview that there would be NO call! It stinks!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your first mistake was believing what they told you...this company makes up the rules as they go along...bottom line is that the employees at the bottom don't mean crap to them...
    You might as well shut up or look for another job...pick the second...
    +

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company doesn't give a rats ass about the AE or CTC....just get out there and make Bill more money so HE can enjoy HIS holidays off.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hell the more money you make for that good ole boy the more crawdads and cornbread he can eat. The more gaming he can do on medicare the better! pass me that moonshine son! now let me pick my fidle!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for them. I don't know about fraud, but I know that they have some serious issues in the office in Georgia. One they don't pay enough. Say what you want, but, they give all the regular visits to the LPN's and the RN's are left with what the LPN"s refuse to do, don't want to do and the starts, recerts and phosp. Usually you are up late at night doing them
    and those hours are not reimbursed. Next, one office in middle Georgia has someone with a serious problem. I don't know what is wrong, but everyone in the office discusses how she runs all the good people away. Argumentative and in schedulers position...not a good combination. Third, I gave up. I am just exhausted from overwork, underpay, and arguments. Another opportunity came along and after 3 short months, I bailed. They should look at turnover and administration of the middle Georgia office. They should quiz their staff there. All is not as it should be.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have the same thing at an office in Florida. One of the branches has a director that runs everyone off and it is known by the corporate officers and yet they keep her. I don't understand. Nurses are paid more at the competitors so I don't know why anyone stays.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. This company is the most disorganized mess I have ever seen. They promote people to top level jobs that aren't even qualified to do low level jobs. The promotion rate seems to go with how good of a cheerleader you are. I haven't seen anything that I would consider illegal but the clinical aspect of the business is definitely not a priority. Sloppy clinical work. Field staff is definitely not supported the way they should be. Layoffs are random and indiscriminate............Stay away!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an effed up company - I believe the caregivers working with patients are good people, but everyone else? Greedy Evil Effers.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't usually post on these boards because I feel like its just a place for angry people to vent. However, I have been a DOO in the Western Region for nearly 3 yrs and I LOVE my job, my staff, and the pts. I have not had one employee quit in almost 3 years for dissatisfaction with their job. As far as marketing, I have an AE that is actually a "professional salesperson"... here at 8a, organized and ready to go by 9a, out to see her accts, doesn't "buy" her way through the day but finds a way to become an integral part of the physicians office (shows them how to use to Merc Doc, how to bill for their time, makes their day easier, communicates with the office, and answers her phone when her accts call). It sounds like a lot of you are out of your comfort zone as a marketer and expecting more than you deserve (we've been on BD calls at 10a when the dogs are barking in the background, kids are crying, one man literally snoring,....) My AE makes a great salary, works HARD for her bonus, and I try to move her up every chance I get because we wouldn't be one of the largest HH companies in the West without her.
    As far as the company, it IS the largest in the nation for a reason...Bill Borne is a compassionate person doing the best he can under the scrutiny of CMS, the watchful eye of the DOJ, etc. and is always a target for people like many here that are looking for an easy way thru life (work an hr, run your errands, feel rejected at end of day if you didn't get a referral, & then try to find a reason to sue a man who DESERVES the money he makes). I bet there's very few on this board that have EVER worked as hard or sacrificed as much as Bill Borne (and he blames nobody when he does wrong). Hold yourselves accountable, work hard, quit bitching (and following the mob mania), and find something positive to say every day.... 90% of marketing is whether people like you or not.. I'm not sure I would want to see such negative people in my office either. Its YOUR fault if you fail, don't blame others. Amedisys IS a great company. Sure they make mistakes, move people around trying to make it work, but YOU try managing 15,000 employees- many of you probably can't mange your own homes or 1 kid. You're just out of your league... Coach Nick Saban said "mediocre people don't like high achievers... and high achievers don't like mediocre people". If you're not a salesperson, don't apply as one. If you want more money, EARN it. If you want to put someone down, look in the mirror.. guaranteed you don't see the sweat & tears of a successful, hard-working person...its an unhappy person (w LIFE)- Find a way to better yourself, be positive, do something to make someone else smile, be grateful for what you have, & hold yourself accountable.... people will naturally be drawn to you. And THEN... apply for a sales position. PS. For any that are clinicians...If I were sick or in the condition some of our pts are.. I wouldn't want you're negativity either as a caregiver. All the best (to those that TRY to be their best). Don't be a victim...