Layoff

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true. I think it's the condescending talk that gets to me the most. No, maybe it's the bullying. I was hoping these sorts of people would be weeded out, but maybe this IS the management culture. I've seen it in an old-timer, too, so maybe it's nothing new.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

E

Wow. Fear and loathing on the interweb

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was no name calling nor bullying. Calling out...yes. Just curious why ex-employees take the time to bash MDT then claim how much happier they are yet won't say what they're doing now nor give any details or examples of why MDT is such a bad company to work for. How can you have an opinion without purpose or meaning? It amuses me and then you claim any request to identify your issues is called, "Bullying". Very odd.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does knowing the specific place I work accomplish? *Bottom line is I am so much happier and I now see just how bad things are at MDT.*

The biggest issue I see is the company has lost its focus on the mission. It used to be core to what we did,, now it's just words to many people. For example, the mission states:

"To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success."

How many people feel like they have security? *I know very few.*

What about this:

"To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations....."

What is a "fair profit?" MDT is making BILLIONS in profits every year yet they have been laying people off left and right. Is that fair or is that greed?

I could go on and on about how many in leadership are dishonest with the employees. I could give specific examples of how I witnessed management telling employees false information just to try to give them false hope. Bottom line is the culture of honesty and integrity that once existed is no longer there. Sad.*

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't even recognize this company anymore. Nothing is forever but this company was once the class of the industry, and not because it was the biggest, but because it was lead by class individuals who were truly invested in the business personally and professionally. Today's leadership is extremely shallow and will never have the depth that we once saw.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a much more meaningful repsonse from your previous attempts. It's unfortunate MDT did not live up to your expectations but now that you are somewhere better it shouldn't matter. Take the experience from MDT and apply it to something positive in your new job. Spending time thinking about your past negative experiences is not healthy and can hold you back from creating better experiences in your future.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oopies! Condescending yet again. Is it intentional? Can you see it in yourself?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll leave you now to ponder.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nooooo! Don't leave me! What ever will I do without your AMAZING unsolicited advice?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Villalba PR Site continues with the terror management..."RIF" and hire...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree that it hold me back. I view it as a service to my former coworkers. Fish don't know they are in the water.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is how they get at MDT when you've struck a chord of truth. It's a cover device. It works on some.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you're calling your friends stupid or you think you're their savior? Perhaps your friends find enjoyment in their job at MDt that you were unable to obtain or hold onto. Just a thought. Sounds maybe like you're trying to do a sell job on your buddies and you're bragging how happy you are at your new job may not be the signal you want to be sending them. Just another thought.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I'm calling my friends stupid, and I think I'm their savior. I got my condescending attitude at MDT. It's hard to stop, but I take it one day at a time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your thoughts. If only we didn't need you to help us think. Who is treating who like they are stupid? You offend most every reader here with your comments. Please keep talking. The more you talk, the less others have to say. Your attitude epitomizes the very behavior that can turn people off to industry reps and companies. The arrogance is astounding. And yes, you're getting paid to spew it. The mere fact that you think it's presenting you and your company in a positive light is a tribute to the arrogance. I've never seen such a desperate, manipulated attempt to deflect poor morale.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of the mission. I used to "strive without reserve" for people like this, but then I found out I was a sucker. Live and learn.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(To clarify, I didn't get laid off. My issue was different. I think layoffs are necessary, especially if they are targeted to deadwood.)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is a assjunkie?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regardless of why you are no longer with MDT, it's clear you are having a difficult time letting go. Let me draw your attention back to your own words, "I view it as a service to my former coworkers." The "Service" you are providing is, what, exactly?

A company decision was made to keep your friends and not you. This was probably an embarrassiing experience and I'm sorry for that.

I would like to point out your double standard on the meaning of arrogance. By you expecting your "co-workers" to respond to your encouraging words of how "Happy" you are and how miserable they must still be, is an arrogant assumption on your part. Meaning, they clearly avoided whatever caused you to lose your job and successfully navigated a path you were unable to follow, yet you want them to follow your lead out the door???? Now that is arrogance. Separate your "personal pain" from passing it on to others and reconsider what you value as "Service"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is this thread going so long? I am watching burnt Offerings.