Respiratory Care Educator position

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a posting for this position in my area. Anyone have any info on this position? Is this a new position? It says you need a clinical background (RN, RT, PA, MD). Any idea what the salary range would be for this position?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screw the salary range--its probably a pretty safe position to be in currently----the future who knows!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Titanic was safer than this imploding "enterprise"! Why would you want to work here???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Respitory Care Educator!!! This company is so screwed up I cany believe they are creating jobs like this ... Hospitals have there own Educators and there is also something called med school.. Do you think any serious teaching institution or well run Hospital is going to want some GSK slap dick running around the hospital "Educating" the staff on respitory issues.. This is the most idiotic thing I've seen yet... All this is , is another Slick way of trying to squeeze every last dollar out of advair

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next year we will all be educators anyhow.

This position will be eliminated when Deidre is in about 2 years.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also applied for this position in my area. Call points are not hospitals, physician offices only. Has anyone else who has applied heard anything?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had an interview last Wednesday in my area (South)....haven't heard anything. Oh well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually it is an awesome position. You do have to have a medical license and pass the NAECB asthma educator certification. Pretty hard! But just a great group of people and actually a fun job! When was the last time you thought that about a job with GSK??????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, Pretty incredible job, until you realize that the docs hate GSK and want nothing to do with you. You have the credentials, but they will laugh at you, like they want the Pharma propaganda to influence anything about what they do. This was an awesome industry, but BIG PHARMA has poisoned any info with their UN-credible positions. Docs now hate us, and it used to be REALLY good. Thanks, Deidre!! You SUCK! (well, actually, in reality... you really do... I'm sure in a good way, if you are a partner) But you have SUNK this company. Deny it all you want, but reality is reality.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This division is in response to BI's clinical science division. The rumor is that Spiriva is taking 10 - 20 % market share from Advair in terrtories with these "educators".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard any more about this position or received an offer? If so, when does training start?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, got an offer. Training in NC starts Novemeber 29th for 2 weeks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Piece of cake job once you get thru with training. Most of the time just sitting at home. Maybe one to two calls per day (a busy day) Many times just sitting around at home. You work at most 4 hours per day.. Can't believe GSK is paying big bucks for this position.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a joke of a job...not at all reality based... the company must be high! a true waste of credentials...safe if you want to retire soon though. training is off based-a ton of "selling" for a non sales position-not something for the US maybe ok for the UK.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, it's easy ... no sales incentives. Although the rest of us are also not being compensated on sales numbers anymore, there is still an unspoken expectation that "good behaviours would lead/match good numbers". If you think the Respiratory Care Educator job is easy, imagine what it's like to be theManager of this group? What a cake-walk !!! A dream job if you ask me!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You state that this position has no sales incentive, however, in the original job description it is firmly stated that comission is based on increasing sales of drugs that contain an ICS. This company sold this idea to providers stating that it was "not" a sales job. Very deceptive. How's it going for those who got this position?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job is a great job! We get to talk to other decision makers in the office besides just the Doc. No more waitng for signatures.. The Education part is something I enjoy. We revamp or help create asthma and COPD management programs. The offices that want to work with us really appreciate what we offer. I have a lot of satisfaction in my job now>

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The education part of the job is great, but we are doing A LOT of cold calling-no leads from the field at all. At our last meeting, I spoke to several other RCE's who were not very happy-too much selling of our "services" and not as much education as expected with this position. There is almost no bonus with this position and the RCE's are selling this service and generating all of our own programs which are in the end going to benefit the company through increased scripts. People are not happy with this and feel there should be a much better incentive comp in place. 5 of the original RCE's have already quit and talked to a few at the meeting who might be on their way out as well. However, many of them love the job-guess it just depends on your geography and how comfortable you are cold calling.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales rep without a product basically. When you can find the offices that are actually interested in free education....awesome. Few and far between. Prefer to be selling an actual product and not just this idea someone, somewhere conjured up in a manager's meeting. Would have been great if it was truly and education position...not! Disappointed.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry...I meant truly an educator position