Cost of Victoza

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, get your facts straight, this was a Noyes thing that was feverishly supported by the woman who lacks an orignal idea, Ingram.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong again. IMPACT began the "profitable" access strategy just called another name. That was way before snoy. The strategy was here long before claw backs and victoza arrived.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely different beast. Although I do understand what you mean, you are wrong. IMPACT was a mere shadow of what Noyes had in store for us. And if anybody thinks that Noyes' plan was the way to go, you need to get into another line of work.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I said previously, you're talking about the execution of a strategy that's been in place for awhile. I agree with you. The "tactical" execution of the strategy what's a issue, i.e. MMSales versus MMStrategy. SNOY is Sales = execution. Believe profitable access strategy has been in place for years but our execution looked totally different then today. Got Blue, IMPACT, 10-20-10...if it quacks like a duck, flies like a duck, looks like a duck...its a duck, my friend.

We can agree to disagree, it still the same result.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't that why Hurley left/quit/was fired? He wanted to continue our very successful strategy of having our drugs available at a preferred status didn't he? And when Pam wouldn't support him with Jurek he saw the writing on the wall. This strategy we have now is identical to the J&J strategy implemented when I was there 7 years ago. We'd rather make more money per pen or vial than have the highest market share. J&J always liked to be 2nd or 3rd to market as well so they wouldn't have to spend the $$$ to create a market - just swoop in and grab some share for much lower cost.

It's probably a very sound business strategy - it just makes selling much less enjoyable. It's always more fun to sell based on clinical benefits rather than what we're doing now:

"Sounds good, I love Novolog. Can I write your product on United, Novo rep?" "Ummmm, well, Doctor you can but you need to use a mail in pharmacy and the copay will be double Lilly's. So, do I have your commitment to start all of your United patients on Novolog?"

But, that's what we're paid to do, so we will do it and the company will have another profitable quarter to add to the streak.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of GI can you say MIA??

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had been getting it at Costco for $275, but this month the price jumped up to $291. That makes it about $9.70 per day.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just spoke with BCBS of Michigan and was told the cost of 4 pens is $528, that's $142 per pen. My policy has a 40% co-pay, that's $211. I have a Victoza discount card good for $25 per month, that made my one month prescription $186. I use the 1.8 dose and I go thru a pen in less than two weeks, more like 10 days. I've lost 8 lbs since starting the pen at 1.8 in January. Previous useage at .6 amd .12 showed no weight loss. I like the weight loss but haven't seen a drop in A1c yet.

The doctor said she could substitute Januvia if I wanted a less expensive alternative, but I've read that Januvia is not as good at dropping weight. Any other insights are welcome.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the best insight ever for weight loss. Burn more calories than you stuff in your pie hole. I was just like everyone else, fat and in search of that pill or shot to take it all away. I learned discipline and how to cook low fat meals that tasted good. I exercise every day. I've lost 74 pounds. I am not a victim

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to Sam's club to pick up my three pens yesterday. $438.00. Luckily I have good insurance and didnt have to pay that. There are a lot of ppl that would try victoza if the price were lower.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You aren't a victim, just rude.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can call him "rude", if you want, but you must admit that you are correct. The remedy for obesity is called a "hacksaw and Tape". Cut off the hands of the victime, then put tape over their mouths; the weight will come off in droves. I watch a show called "survivor", and I have never seen a person that has not lost weight by the end of the show. Obesity is a disease that is totally self inflicted. A person does not have to be fat if they dont want to be. Like the OP said, if you take in fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. It is really as simple as that!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got 3 pens at Walgreens with AvMed insurance for $50.
    Costco quoted same price. Both were $150 w/o insurance

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1.2 or 1.8?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obesity is a disease that is partially self inflicted, but like most diseases some people have a propensity to gain weight that is beyond their control.... much due to hereditary factors.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the hereditary factors are more dominant in the US than in Europe!

Very interesting especially since we have common ancestors. I have another theory it's called "too much junk food and no exercise"

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you brin more calories than you eat, you'll lose weight, no matter what your heredity is.

However, people get fat and they get diseases. Our job isn't to solve all the world's problems, and, frankly, we could never stop people from getting fat no matter how much time and money we spent (look at smoking, drug use, etc--no on is making a dent). So, we might as well spend our money trying to treat the diseases that result from people getting fat.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes because controlling A1C - which leads to risk reductions in heart attack, stroke, neuropathy and several other complications is definitely worth 5,000 per year. Keep buying cigarettes, Starbucks, The full cable package, and your cases of Twinkies because that is the important stuff. Perspective people!

Just get rid of your cable, that will save 150-200 per month. Eat less, that can shave another hundred per month. You are almost there. See how easy that was.... Know why? Because I've done it. I've lost 45 lbs, I'm back in shape, feel better, look better, A1C is under 6..... Worth every penny an I'm paying cash. People need to get shit in perspective. If I told you that it would cost 400 per month to CHANGE YOUR MISERABLE LIFE, you'd jump at it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've used Victoza with amazing results both in my diabetic readings and weight.

However, I am on medicare, have a supplement - Cigna for Seniors (Advantage) and have reached the "doughnut" hole. The cost is over $400. Though I have a small pension and social security (have worked all my adult life), I can't afford that outlay. Do I think it is worth the money? YES. But I can't afford it. Any suggestions?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Donut hole patients can get victoza for free thru patient assistance at 2x the income guidelines set at the federal poverty line.