Skin Medica/ColorScience

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone give me the details on whats going? I talked to a recruiter about a phone interview with Color Science. Last I heard, Colorscience reps were independent contractors. I would appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone share the story on these jobs. They are on all the job boards.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the interview process??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Getting my third interview. Not really that interesting of a job but I'll take it until something better comes along. Just go to target and buy better makeup

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jane Iredale is much better

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're one dumb bitch! The fit is perfect.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm moving along in the interview process. Honestly, the pay sucks, but there is nothing else out there right now. I've spoken with eight docs. They have all told me that colorscience is trying to reinvent the wheel.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no shortage of delusions of grandeur.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was that tool doing the interview screening? All she did was talk about herself. I didn't get 5 minutes to tell her who I was and my experience

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both brands have been around for awhile. The healthcare professionals I have asked seem to like the Colorescience product and the reviews on the internet are favorable as well, as they are for Jane Iredale.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it's who I think you're talking about, received no direction or development. What a waste
    Ask her peers behind closed doors...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeh, I talked to her too. She really did not have any information for me. It sounded like she was reading a job description from a piece of paper.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that's the way you felt when you worked with her, I doubt she'll last.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STAY AWAY from Colorscience! They will try to have you push the makeup for after cosmetic procedures. Who would spend that money on makeup knowing willingly that they were going to have some redness. It DOES NOT cover up any laser work.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee I wonder who u talked to, because I didn't get th impression that any of the people I talked to were anything but great. Did u get an offer?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Skinmedica was just a small company with a few key salespeople in major markets in California, Dallas, New York etc. before they decided to become a pharmaceutical company and acquired their first "me-too" pharmaceutical product. The intent was to become an IPO. They hired a large salesforce equipped them with cars, stock options, etc. The launch was not successful. The salesforce had the TNS line as well as the pharmaceutical line. Rex was the person who brought all the investors. They hired a bunch of people from a failed dermatology pharmaceutical company to lead the way. They later separated the pharmaceutical side from the skincare line. When this was not successful they folded the pharmaceutical side and went back to the skincare line. The competition is tough. It sounds like they now want to sell mineral makeup to boost their sales. I do not see how mineral makeup is going to save them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was ColoreScience not successful on their own? Did they "have to" be sold to SM?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh right! Like skinmedica is successful? What a joke! Going public! Going public! We promise! You will share in our success! Take this worthless piece of paper! We promise you won't be screwed! Anybody believing this bullshit is in sane. SM aint going public.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have been trying to go public forever.