Company Car

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2007 at 6:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's car guy again...he's a metro...BMW holding up fine..doubt it!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right. I traded in my BMW for a used KIA. Only way to break even on this plan.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has the reimbursement changed over the past year ? Still $450 per month plus 48 cents a mile ?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never was 48 cents a mile. If you do much driving, you will lose about $200 a month like last month. Just drive a used model where the depreciation has already taken its toll.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Car choices;
    BMW 3 series
    Mercedes ML
    Lexus GS
    Audi A5

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CLARIFICATION TO HOW THIS WORKS: On the CRS Program www.crsinc.com, each individual driver receives their own individual reimbursement rate that accounts for geographic cost variances (insurance, taxes, regional gas prices, license & registration fees, etc.) plus the actual number of business miles driven.

The employer chooses a standard vehilce for which the reimbursement is based (example: Chevy Impala) and then all reps are reimbursed on that same standard. CRS calculates an individual reimbursement rate for each driver, intended to represent the costs associated with the business use of that standard automobile.

Each driver will have both a Fixed and Variable component to their reimbursement. The Fixed component reimburses for all Fixed costs (insurance, taxes, Lic&Reg, etc.) and the Variable component reimburses for all the Variable expenses (fuel, maintenance, tires, etc.).

We all incur both fixed and variable costs when driving our vehicle. The only fair and equitable way to get reimbursed for both Fixed and Variable costs in through a Fixed and Variable reimbursement program.

If you drive more miles, your costs are higher, so is your reimbursement. If the price of gas goes up or down, so does your reimbursement to reflect those costs. If you live in an area with higher insurance rates, you receive more.

So long as you drive the standard vehicle your employer chooses as the standard used to calculate your reimbursement, you will break even. No matter where you live or how much you drive.

The benefit is that you can now take that reimbursement and apply it toward a more expensive vehicle if you don't mind picking up the difference. Or, you can apply it toward a less expensive vehicle and make money on the program, if your employer allows you to do this. Note that if you do this, some of the extra money may be taxed as income, understandably.

I've been working for big pharma my entire career and have been on this program for many years. Trust me, it's fair. If you don't think so, you don't understand the program.

It's not intended to provide extra income, it's a REIMBURSEMENT. If you think it's costing you money, either you don't understand the program OR you have chosen to drive something that cost more to own and operate than the standard automobile.

Either way, I prefer the flexibility to drive what I want. I spend enough time behind the windshield as it is. I would rather be in something that's a little nicer and more comfortable than the kind of car that most pharma companies provide.

I'll take this program any day over a company provided fleet car!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drive a Mercedes , drink premium booze, have played golf since I was a kid. You must be buried in student loans, paying child support or just someone who grew up as a po' folk. Your customers drive nice cars, drink good booze and play golf. Why shouldn't you?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most reps get an Impala thesedays..and are required to wear hosiery in it everyday.
    So hows that for a life!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its all good

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great answer to this from the prior poster. Have they decided to increase the car allowance? Just went shopping, and just an average honda or toyota is quite expensive these days.
    Will the company allow an older vehicle with more miles that is still nice. (like a Tahoe or a Yukon). I would love to have the extra room.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I drive a Cadillac Hearse

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is Obvious that you don’t drink premium alcohol because it is called “Grey Goose” not “Gray Goose”. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the finer things in life as long as you work for it. Have you ever heard the term “work hard and play hard”?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many Reps lose money It is the worst plan I have seen.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you drive a full size SUV on this plan? Ex. Expedition, Yukon Tahoe? How used/old can the car be? How many miles max. should you buy a used car? Didn't know if the company had guidelines? What about convertibles?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to push the miles to break even. I drive about 800 miles a month but put in for 3000-3500 to cover my bill. This nets you about $1100 a month.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about mileage checks? Only been here under a year, and wondering if they check your miles. I want to get a convertable in the next year, but need to talk to my manager about guidelines for sports cars. Does anyone know?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the rep in NYC- I have a SMART car and can park it in a key whole. It gets 34 city miles to a gallon and is 199 a month... I love this company, I heard the rep in Puerto Rico has a Vespa and is killing it with vehicle allowance plan!!! All you hillbilly's complaining about a car allowance are looking like fools wit your pants on the ground! Christ it is the worst economy in years and you are worried about a company car- IDIOTS!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been on the CRS Program for 3 years now. PRetty fair. Works pretty well for me.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

best deal i know in this industry !!